You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Slap on my Wrist

Real Ghost Stories

Slap on my Wrist

 

This happened about 2 years a ago (I was about 13). I had just finished a book about this psychic who had a ghost come to her for help on passing on, the book was based on a true story. Well, since the book dealt with contacting the other side, I wanted to see if it worked.

I was bored so after finishing the book I started concentrating really hard trying to communicate with the other side. I was focusing on the name Aaron (which was the ghost's name in the book, though it had been changed to protect the people involved). And as I was focusing I felt a slap on my wrist. I got freaked (and it broke my concentration) so I immediately stopped and turned on the TV.

The next day I told my mom and she said that it was probably giving me a warning, that I was supposedly opening an unknown portal and whatever slapped me was warning me about that. She also said it could have been my guardian angel. I really don't think it was a ghost because our house is blessed, so it stops "evil spirits" or just spirits from entering, or so we believe.

Another incident that has happened 2 times in the past are knockings on my window. It's a one story house, but it still freaked me out, obviously. We have a dog, and when those incidents happened he didn't bark and it usually barks when someone he doesn't know is near, and it didn't so I'm not sure what it was.

Any ideas?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bam_218 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
i know the inviting decision on my part was not a good idea... A poor lapse in judgement at the time... Now I know better, so hopefully someone learns something from this, which I hope they do learn, because you might not be as lucky as I was to get a warning.
bam_218 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
yea. I pretty much took the warning too... But with the tappings on the window it can't be a tree branch because there are no trees by that window... Adn it couldn't be a "big" bug because it sounded exactly how when someone knocks on the door... Thanks for the advice... =]
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
I will tell you this, just like I will tell those who use Ouiji boards- DON'T DO IT! You are inviting things into your house that you probably shouldn't. To explain it better- it's like you invite a few people form school that you don't really know into your house for a party- what do they do? They invite the whole school and some extra special friends of theirs, tearing up your house, and cause you lots of stress... Same kind of theory- just this kind you can't neccessarily see or get rid of as easily... Good luck, and if you are bored, read another book, don't coax spirits into your home! 😉
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
OKay, I have read and re-read this story. It concerns me when individuals invite 'those' they know nothing about nor do they know exactly what to expect.

Heed this warning given to you (a generous warning I might add) and do not delve into matters that may be to much and to dark to receive.

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
As the book was "based" on a true story, and you concentrated on the name of Aaron, as was the name of the ghost in the book, I would say that this happening was not of "Aaron".
I would like to inject this thought. When you were bored, and decided to try to communicate with the other side, you INVITED something, one, being, to communicate with you, thereby cancelling out the house blessing by YOUR INVITATION.
If you offer an invite, do not be surprised if it is taken up.
I do think, though, that this was a warning as your Mother also thought, to not mess with something you are not ready to deal with. I believe something prevented your making a grave mistake.
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Hi Bam. I agree with everybody here. Let the ghost be on there side and if they need help they will contact you. Oh by the way my house is bleesed once every year and wierd things were going on for quite a while. So don't be so sure! I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Hi bam, I would follow mum's advice and not get involved with sth I couldn't handle. But just out of curiosity, why would you attempt to communicate with a spirit whose real name you don't know? And then, say you had made contact with someone, then what? What would you want to ask it or how would you manage to protect yourself if needed? What I'm trying to say is, I think,obvious.Don't play around with stuff like that.
Take care 😊
deathcipris (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
As you said, usually animals are very sensitive to people or things that it doesn't know being around and tend to bark, scratch, whine, or act weird towards it and it strikes me odd that the dog didn't bark or anything at the window tappings. Could it have been a branch or maybe a giant bug? I know in the summer I have giant bugs that run into the mesh screen and my window trying to get at the warm white light of my computer.
Hope as well!
-Matt
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
Hi Bam. I would say that your Mom was right in her assumption. It sounds like a protective slap on the wrist, like "don't do that".The knocks on the window, if they weren't by natural causes, seem to be either an attempt to get your attention or seeking permission to enter.
Thanks for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I will refrain from comment on this one for a while.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: