You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Bob's At It Again

Real Ghost Stories

Bob's At It Again

 

This is my second story I have written here. My first was Our New Apartment. If you read that story it'll explain some things that might be a bit confusing to you in this story. Well, it seems like "Bob" is up to some new tricks as of lately, although nothing harmful.

Lately, when I am washing clothes, the washer will stop for no apparent reason. Almost like the knob has been pushed in but, it is not. I push in the knob and pull it back out and the washer will start right up. I should note that it stops at different spots in the cycle, never the same spot and not all the time I wash either. I have had a repair man look at it (twice) and they can find nothing wrong with it.

My computer has also taken to turning on when it is off. I have everything computer related plugged into a surge protection strip and it still happens. I have tried the top and bottom outlets and it continues. Recently I re-arranged things in my apartment and the computer was one of the things moved to a different room and it has stopped turning on at night.

We have gotten a kitten, well last May, and I think he sees and hears things that we do not. I have had cats/kittens before that would perk up at different things, but this one is different. It's like he is "really" looking at something. He doesn't appear to be frightened and only mildly interested.

My kids have also been hearing things. It has happened to both my son and daughter. They'll be up in their rooms and at different times they come find me downstairs and ask "what did I want?" and I'll look at them like their crazy and they will swear that I called them. It happens to them separately, never together. Maybe Bob thinks they are sitting around to much (LOL).

Other hauntings by ok

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ok, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KayLeigh93 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
bob sounds like fun! ๐Ÿ˜ he sounds soooo cool! GO BOB! I used 2 have ghost, but it was mean ๐Ÿ˜จ
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
That's a really cool story. I used to have the same thing happen to me as a kid. I was very active though, so I know the spirit wasn't tricking me because I was lazy. But I always would run downstairs after hearing my mom call upstairs, "trent come down here". My mother would be sitting in the den. I'd say, "what did you want?" She would reply, "I didn't call you down here". That always weirded me out, but I just figured my tv was too loud and I just thought I heard it. Never thinking it could be something else. Great story though! Keep us posted on other activities!

Trent
SomeoneUDontKnow (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
Do not get rid of Bob hes kind of like a member of that family. He cares for your children too. He thinks there not getting enough exercise so he tricks them into go don't to you. Hes such a good freind don't get rid of him. โค ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰
littlelaura33 (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-22)
Please whatever you do, do not tell Bob to go away. You could make a story book all about Bob and his crazy adventures. Just remember he will always be a part of your family and heart whatever you do to him. โค ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜Š
ok (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Thank you for all your comments and advise. I believe I will try and ask Bob to go to the light, although I must admit I think I will miss his pranks ๐Ÿ˜•. At times I have stopped myself from asking my kids about any "happenings" and I wait until they volunteer the info. But sometimes they think nothing of it and don't mention it until I bring something up and then they are like "oh I forgot but this happened". Thanks again and hope to talk to you all again soon. Take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Hello, ok.
I would say that if your cat is comfortable with Bob being there, in most cases, that would be a kind and noble ghostly presence. In keeping with your last story, added with this one, I would say that to be true. He does not ever seem to do anything that could be misconstrued as dangerous (a bit annoying to have to turn the washer back on and to turn things off that he likes to turn on, but...).
Just because he is a ghost, and for no other reason, I would say that you need to ask him to walk towards the Light. Ask him if he would like to go and see all of his loved ones who have gone before him who are waiting with open arms. If he chooses to stay (shrug) so be it, I see no harm.
I would watch your children though. Not that I think he would do anything untoward, just that it is interesting to see how differently children respond to such stimuli. They may both see him or hear him differently, but do not make a big deal about asking them if Bob contacted them each day. Let it take it's own course and see what pans out.
Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
I agree, 'Bob' sonds harmless enough and perhaps you should ask him if he wants to move on, he should cross over int ot he light so he may find peace and relaxation.

Also, do be careful--if he is convincing your children that you are speaking to them, make sure this is appropriatte talk and have your children fill you in on what they hear. Don't be lulled into a false sense of security.

God Bless!
Cirdan (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
That's really nice, a ghost that makes your kid come down. ๐Ÿ˜† But can he copy your voice? If he can, who knows what he might be able to do, maybe look just like you and stuff. Maybe you should try to take pictures around the house, and put a recorder on and ask questions? ๐Ÿ˜
Ah well thanks for sharing this good story. ๐Ÿ˜
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
Hello ok. Now Bob is the kind of ghost a person could live with, nothing scary just little things to let you know he's there. If you could send him to the Light I would but if he didn't want to go I see no harm in him hanging around. Thank you for sharing your story, I enjoyed it. Take Care.

FRAWIN ๐Ÿ˜Š

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: