You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Face of Jerry

Real Ghost Stories

The Face of Jerry

 

I was walking home the other day when I had this weird feeling I was being followed. Normally I just dismiss this as my friend Caleb playing a prank on me, but this time it seemed different. I walk along an alley that leads from my school parking lot, to my neighborhood parking lot, and there are back yards on either side of the alley fences, obviously divided by fences on the inside. That's what freaks me out about this. As I was walking, I had my headphones on, so the sound around me was a little distorted, but I had this weird feeling... I took them off and turned to look behind me. I didn't see anything. So I kept walking. I kept my headphones OFF from that point on, so I could listen more intently. I suddenly heard a second set of footsteps, coming from behind me. I knew it had to be, because it didn't sound like it could be coming from behind the fence. I turned. Nobody!

I kept on walking... This is where it started to get really weird. In fact, I have absolutely no explanation for this part, because it was simply too weird... I started to hear the footsteps behind me again. Now since a ton of snow has fallen around here, I knew they were footsteps because they sounded just like somebody walking through the snow. Also, as far as Jerry goes (see my other stories for more info), I've heard his footsteps before in my house, mainly if he's turning around to walk away or coming up/down the stairs. Of course, I never SEE him, only hear him. As I was walking, I kept on turning around multiple times, but never once saw anybody. By the time I got to the top of the slope I heard a distinct coughing. Yep, you guessed it. Jerry! I'd know his cough a mile away. I looked around, expecting something to happen, because usually when he coughs, he's either done bothering me, or is about to cause me some hallucination of some kind. And that's exactly what he did.

I turned around for about the fiftieth time, and instead of seeing Jerry, I froze in place as I looked upon a horde of people standing there. They all looked about my age, they were all punk guys, sitting or standing against the fence. They all had gray skin like Jerry! They also all looked quite... intoxicated. And to my surprise, one of these guys was Jerry himself... He wore Jerry's gray tank top, green pants, had his exact build, his buzz cut, and was looking right at me. His face had nothing odd about it, just normal looking, except for his dead eyes. No pupils. It was scary as hell, but I've seen far scarier things. But finally I saw Jerry's face! About the other guys, I have absolutely no explanation for them. I turned around to walk away, and when I looked back, all of them were gone. In fact one of them even tossed a cigarette to the ground and I couldn't find it anywhere (there's tons of others laying around over in there, but I knew where I saw it land).

But that's not it. When I got home, I saw his shadow at the basement doorway, and he quickly ran down the stairs. I chased him down there and heard him sneeze, but of course, I lost him there. No where to be found. Doesn't matter though, because as soon as I went into the bathroom to make sure I didn't look undead, there's Jerry standing behind me in the mirror. I saw his face again, but he quickly dashed out before I could really get a close look. As far as I can tell he's nobody I've ever seen before. This happened like day before yesterday, by the way.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

BobertTiir (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
Just give jerry some damn cough drops already, maybe he'll shut up.

No, seriously, keep cough drops in your pocket, and hold them out towards him every time you see him.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
I know that this is very, very late, but I couldn't help but chuckle when I read the title. I'd read all your other stories up to this date, and I must say, congrats on seeing his face! Any other happenings with Jerry lately? 😆
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
😕 I am I a bit confused how come you saw his hair cut and not the rest of his face?
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
I can't believe you FINALLY saw his face. Wow! It only took how many years? LOL! 😆 Does Jerry appear to be younger or older? Maybe you knew him in a past life? Could be possible. ❤
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Maybe Jerry is trying to tell you something.
If you know that he is not evil, then try talking to him. He may need your help.

Be safe & Careful! 😁
Twilightkiss (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-25)
If he keeps showing up then you should try telling someone, also if you can somehow draw a picture of him and post it with one of your stories I might be able to help you, because I have SEEN, if you'd call it that, a weird spirit like this before and he's crossed over now, but before then he wanted ME to go with him, not to freak you out, but maybe that's what Jerry wants.
If so you need to convince him other wise which may take a while, trust me it took me what seemed like forever to convince Damion of this (Damion was the spirit I spoke of earlier).
GOOD LUCK!
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-18)
Hey Centercore, I think that Jerry wanted to reveal himself, this time. I think that Miiish's explanation is really good, I also think that you gave Jerry energy somehow and he's finally able to take form and creep you out. You are a very brave person, I would have gotten scared to hell if I had seen those unknown guys there and Jerry having no eyes. I would have run away and screamed all the way. I have been waiting for you to post up another story because honestly, I find yours to be really interesting and I'm always at the edge of my seat when I read them.
miiish (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-17)
Jerry is getting braver Core. My theory is that when U really believe in something, U begin to give it enery. Perhaps, U believing in Jerry is now helping him to gain "form" so that U can see him ! All of this would be so much easier, if U only knew what he was there for. If U say, that he is about your age, ( Young ) it kiynda explains the mischevious nature........Things are progressing for U. Just dont be afraid ( easier said than done ) and hang in there. Cheers !!!!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: