You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Visit from a Soldier

Real Ghost Stories

Visit from a Soldier

 

This story happened to me when I was 15 but it didn't seem to be evil, it seemed like it just wanted to tell me that it was there and that it was just visiting. About 2 years ago I was home alone (I have a graveyard in the backyard.) I was waken up to this loud bang coming from my room (I was on the couch - one storey house). When I got up and investigated my room, I found nothing wrong so I was thinking the house shifted but then when I started to walk out, I heard my name and I turned around and I saw this soldier (in my graveyard we have soldiers from WW2 and the revolutionary war), but then when I blinked and he was gone. So I just figured I was dreaming or just crazy.

But then the next night I was laying in my bed and I smelled a gun-smoke kind of smell and then it vanished and I got up and went and told my mom and she just blew it off like "it's not true your just imagining it".

But then about 2 weeks after I told her, I was with her and we were sitting in the kitchen just talking and I heard the noise again and this time, she kind of believed me and said she was sorry about not believing me when I told her the first time. So 2 years later this spirit hasn't come back, so I figured he was just visiting.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RedneckPirate, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

chinchai (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
Hi Redneckpirate,

While reading your story, I recall my deceased grandma's similar story about her non-human suitor, an "AGTA" a very black man/entity. According to her, this happened about a few years before the WW II hit the Philippines. That time, she was still recuperating from the delivery of her 2nd Baby and one day, just out of nowhere, this "AGTA" appeared to her, wooing her. Their neighbors taught she is suffering from a mental illness because she would suddenly shout "go away, leave me alone" because this entity will keep on appearing infront of her (the people around her could see him except her). All others except my grandpa believes that his wife indeed was courted by some entity so he sought the help of an "albularyo" or witch doctor. The albularyo was able to drive the entity away and my granparents lived peacefully for awhile until WW II came. The war went on for four years with my grandparents and few of my uncles who were already born that time would spent most of their time hiding in their "air-raid shelter". When the war was over, the Agta made his presence for the last time. He appeared wearing a ragged soldier's uniform. He appeared just for a few minutes, I guess just to say goodbye to her. After that, my grandma didn't see him ever again...

Chinchai
nimrod (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Redneckpirate
I had a soldier in my house too.
Your experience was freakier then mine.
Cool story though. 😁
p.s. Graveyard in back yard? Sick.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Hi RedneckPirate,
I would say that your assumption was right. I do think that this soldier just came to visit and he found out what he wanted to know. That he could be seen, and by you.

For anyone else who is reading this, as RP will not be...
Who knows why cemeteries seem to be in some peoples back yards? I would like to think that it was there and when they built the house people had enough respect for the dead to not want to disturb their resting place. Or even that it was a family plot (or at least started out to be) that was allowed to stay there when the family moved on to parts unknown.
I drive down a road four times a week that right on the side of it is a SMALL cemetery. I can see two or three markers standing straight up, but have no clue if there are any flat markers as the snow covers everything right now. I would love to check it out, though. And probably will come spring time 😉.
Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Well, although it is indicated that the poster will not be reading the comments (why post a story here if you do not wish to read the comments?) I just wanted to add that this may have been an energy finally moving on that had been delayed for some reason. As it did not return, it is probably not a residual haunting.

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Well written. I kind of agree with Rhodes here. Is your place old or did the house run through the years. Some people have had there houses for 100s of years and family members are sometimes burried there.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
RP why do you have a graveyard in your backyard? It sounds so morbid! Sorry but I had to ask...
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
I liked this well written story of the solider. Perhaps it was a visit we never can tell. But it was a good story just the same.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: