You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Sensitive Child

Real Ghost Stories

Sensitive Child

 

When she was younger, my little sister used to become terribly frightened for unknown reasons. She would stop playing suddenly and run crying to my mother. At this time I was looking into the supernatural. After researching the incidents, I came to my mother with an explanation. I claimed that my little sister might be sensitive, but was turned down seeing as I was only 13 at the time. My sister ran to my mother in fright more and more often, but when she started school, it stopped. I thought that perhaps the spirit had left.

2 years later, my mother told me that she thought that my sister might be sensitive. After the "I-told-you-so", I explained what a sensitive child was to my mother. My mother said that my sister fell asleep in her bed, but woke around 10:30. My sister told my mother that she had a dream that the T.V. turned off by itself and it scared her. Waving it off, my mother got my sister to go back to sleep. But not even 5 minutes later, the T.V. turned off and when my mother turned it back on, the picture was an odd series of black, white, and grey fuzz that was unusual for out T.V. No matter how hard my mother tried, she couldn't get the T.V. working. Every time it was the same odd fuzz.

It wasn't until the next morning that the picture came back. We've unsuccessfully tried to get the same fuzz on for a week and a half, now.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miriah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
We often experience that thing when we were young. Me and my 4 younger siblings. Good thing our Mother knows, acknowledge and respects the 'other' realm, and she believe and guide us all the time.
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
wow, that was a very interesting story, and my parents are the same way they never listen 2 me.
yari (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Miriah... The same thing is happening to my 1 year old. He will be playing and turns around and gets scared at nothing and won't stop crying or shaking. Then he just won't want to play... Anybody have any sugestions?
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Hi Miriah. I must agree with FRAWIN. I believe your story and I think you actually will be reading the comments. I think that your sister is definitely a sensitive. Do you or your mother ever have your own personal experiences? Thanks for sharing your story.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
Hello Miriah. You say you won't be reading these comments but something tells me you will or else you wouldn't have posted your story. I feel you are telling a true story for one simple reason. If you were trying to pull a fast one, it would have been embellished more, with a more ghostly nature. If you are worrying about being "abused" in here don't. While some will be skeptical and say so, Martin(the webmaster) does not tolerate abuse of fellow members. I think you have more to share and I for one would be interested in hearing it. Take Care.

FRAWIN
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
KimSouthO (thanks for your latest cool story by the way), that is generally true, however, some have revealed later that, being new to this site, they were simply intimidated and were afraid to expose themselves to debates about their experiences.

As a general rule, like most of you, I wouldn't not waste time and effort posting comments on a story that the author will not read and focus on the others that actually ask for assistance. But just saying, not all these authors are hit and runs in the end.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
hmmmm, I am always skeptical when I see that the author will not be reading the comments. Why post a story here if you do not wish to read the comments? That simply does not make any sense to me. What a waste.

God Bless.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Hi Miriah,
Probably the reason you do not have very many comments as of yet on this story is because you chose the "I won't be reading the comments" slide out on the submission page. That causes me to assume one of two things:
1. You are trying to put one over on all of the readers here.
2. You will secretly be reading these as you do not think you would like to see what has been written here.
In the event this is a true story, your sister is blessed.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: