You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Grandmother's Phone

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandmother's Phone

 

As most of you know when a relative dies and they have no will, their possessions are divided equally amongst the family. My grandmother had passed of cancer when I was two years old. I don't remember much of the time we spent together, but from what I've heard she had a short and very troubled life. Which leads me to my conclusion today.

My grandmother was succeeded by 9 children, including my mother. Her assets were sorted through and given away. My mother receded at first from accepting anything. I think it was still to much strain for her, what with caring for during her illness. So not many things were accepted on her behalf.

A few years had passed and I was nearly six years old. My aunt was sorting through the assets she accumulated and was asking my mother if she would like to have them. She finally gave in and accepted those things. My sisters and I were extatic. When the things arrived we all rummaged through them and my mother let us each keep one thing for ourselves. Being young one thing particularly caught my eye. It was an old light blue telephone that I remembered playing with often. I was extremely excited. I took the phone to my room and played with it all day long. The rest of the evening proceeded as normal, dinner, bath time, and bed time shortly after.

I still shared a room with one of my sisters then. We jumped in our bunk beds and began to relax. The phone still sat on my play stand with some other toys. I had finally fallen to sleep when a loud bleating noise pierced my ears. I woke with a start to see where it was coming from. My sister also heard the noise and was already on her feet. She didn't seem that worried when she began to look for the source of the noise, still partially asleep.

She crossed the room and picked up my play phone that was ringing! Mind you this phone had no chord and we didn't have a phone jack in our room. She answered the phone calmly. I guess it didn't register in her mind that the phone was a fake. She picked up the receiver and said hello. I didn't hear the initial phrase but she immediately started to scream for my mother. She dropped the phone to the floor and grabbed me off the top bunk and held me as tight as she could. I finally understood why. The voice on the phone kept speaking. The voice on the other end was my grandmother's, but it wasn't her demeanor. The voice was ill tempered and seemed violent. All it kept repeating was "hello girls" *laugh* "I'm here girls" *laughing menacingly...*

It kept up the laughing even after my mother bolted through the door. She took one look at the situation and immediately hung up the phone. She tried her best to calm us. By this time every one was in the room asking what happened. All we could say was grandma's here. To which my mother replied that was not your grandma!

Needless to say the next day my toy was destroyed. I'm not sure to this day if it was her or not, but I do believe that my grandma is suffering somewhere due to the horrible events in her life and leading up to her death. Many more events occurred after this but, those are not my stories to tell. I just pray she finds relief somehow. Rest in peace Anna Mae Jackson

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Other hauntings by redone1867

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, redone1867, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Great story! As with the others, I do not believe this was your grandmother at all, but something evil pretending to be her (or using her voice to mock your family).
redone1867 (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Thank you for your comments everyone. ChrisB yes there were more inccidents after that pertaining to my mother and my sisters. I'm not sure if it was my grandma as I said. I believe that if a person dies in a horible manner or after many horrible events in life, their spirit can become very evil. As I said more will be explained in my next story. I've not had anything from my grandma since the age of nine.
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Probably not your grandmother. Most likely a demon whose access to you was cut off by the destruction of the phone.

Be blessed!
ghost16 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
reminds me of that twilight zone episode where a boy talks to his dead grandmother on a toy phone
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Hi redone. I have to agree with the others that this being on the phone was not your Grandmother but like Whitebuffalo said, something that was paying attention to the exchange of your Grandmother's things and decided to play a prank of some sorts on you innocent little girls. When I was reading this story, at first all I could think of was the little girl from that movie "Poltergeist 2". She was laying in bed and her toy phone rings and it was her Grandmother. I thought this story was going to play off of that part of the movie. But then I read further and I'll say, that experience had to have been TERRIFYING by all accounts! Thanks for sharing your experience.

SHELBY

❤ 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
That must have been one terrifying experience redone! I sincerely doubt, like most on this site, that that was your grandmother.I'm sure that it is a memory you will not be able to shake off. I just hope you realise that your granny would never wish you any harm so that your memories of her concentrate mostly on the good times you had together, no matter how little you remember her.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Hi redone, welcome back.
You do not need me to tell you that I think your mother was right in that this was not your grandmother calling you on your toy phone from beyond the grave. Seems like someone was paying attention to the "gift exchange" and decided to pay a visit that was unwelcome. High praise to your mother who destroyed the phone and access to your world through it.
Thank you.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
wowwowowowow. Great story. Very freaky! Very.

tahnks so much for sharin!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Whew, that was terrifying! I hate it when something of this nature takes place using a toy... To creepy.

I do hope and pray that your grand mother has found the peace that eluded her for so long.

Thank you for sharing your story!
God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Hi redone. That was a creepy story. Did your mother ever had any incidents happened to her. I just wondewr if your grandmother tied making contact with her. I liked your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Oh man! I hate stories like this, tell enough to make it interesting and then leave the rest to your imagination 😊.Oh well I promise not to pry. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Flipdawg (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
Wow! Great story, I got goose bumps and chills when I read that part about the voice saying "hello girls" *laugh* "I'm here girls" *laughing menacingly...* I could just hear that in my own way. Good story. By the way this is my first post! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: