You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: So Many Weird Things Happened in that House

Real Ghost Stories

So Many Weird Things Happened in that House

 

Since I am new to this site, and have never published a story here before, I figured I would start with my very first ghost encounters, some are as related to me by my mother. When I was about three or four years old, we lived in Washington, PA. I suddenly came up with a friend named Jodi. My mom just figured it was an imaginary friend and never thought much of it until one day.

It was Veteran's Day and she sat reading a commemorative paper remembering soldiers all the way back to the Civil War, when suddenly I came up and pointed to a gentleman and said, "That's Jodi!" Sure enough, the soldier's last name was Jodi. I think he was a Lieutenant in the Civil War. Regardless he followed me to the next house we lived in, and I do remember feeling very safe with him. And furthermore I hadn't learned to read yet, so there's no way I could've known except that he was my special friend.

The second encounter, which I slightly remember, happened in Hickory PA. My mother, grandmother and I were peeling apples in the living room. Suddenly my mom jumps up yelling for my sister to get back in bed. We all saw the shadow of a small child on the wall. When my mom reached the top of the steps and entered the room, my then toddler sis' was still sound asleep in her crib! As Mom made her way back down the stairs, the shadow appeared again! Mom chased it back up the stairs. After five minutes or so of this chase, my mom finally said "It's your nap time too! Go back to bed!" At this the madness stopped and the shadow retreated.

Other strange things would occur in this house, such as my mother and I both having terrible nightmares about fires. It was known that the driveway used to be a road, and a little down the way was where the original house had stood centuries before, until a fire broke out killing most of the family. It was said that they reused a lot of the bricks and wood to reconstruct the house we lived in.

Also there were shelves in our playroom that stood high on the wall, that even my tall father would have to get a step ladder to reach. We would often go into the room to find the old, decorative toys off the shelves and strewn about the floor.

There was electrical phenomenon too! I can remember my father yelling at me for messing around with his stereo equipment in his studio in the basement, and my mom stopping him because we hadn't been home that day. There were even times I can remember my mom fighting with the TV to stay turned off.

So many weird things happened in that house I could list them all day, so I will leave this story at that. Hope you all enjoyed!

Other hauntings by faerielike

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, faerielike, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Sounds as if you have quite a supportive circle there, faerielike. How wonderful that you have people around so that when strange things happen, you can deal with them together.
Thank you.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Thanks for the friendly welcome! I really enjoy this site and everyones' stories. I can't wait to share more, and read more of other encounters. 😁
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Looking forward to your next story Stephani. As everyone has said so far, your accounts were very interesting.
Welcome... 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Sounds as if you had a very active home.

I look forward to hearing additional stories, thank you for sharing!

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Hi Faerielike. And Welcome to this site 😁.That was a very interesting story It sounds like you have much to tell and I bet everyone here, will like to read your encounters with the paranormal. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
gohstgurl (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-14)
that is an intresting story. I have seen a ghost in my house too. But I have never seen or heard anythihg else. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: