You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Laptop and the New Discman

Real Ghost Stories

The Laptop and the New Discman

 

One night I could not get to sleep so I popped open my dad's laptop. This has happened quite a bit of times but not a lot. I would not touch anything, but a face would flicker on the screen. It was a male probably about 19, he had short hair and sometimes you could see a red plaid shirt.

Now he was not even native, so I doubt it is a reservation haunting. When he shows there is no light and I would never have pressed the power button either. But I have never gotten creeped out by this man. No conversations with him, like I have had with the little girl, but no bad vibes like the ghost car on my street.

Recently I got a discman. Some of you may wonder why I got it instead of an iPod or an MP3. I would rather have the discman, I just like it more. Me and my brother were waiting to go inside a theatre to see U2-3D and my mom and her boyfriend went to research the parking meter. I was almost finished listening to the first song on my favourite CD, The Sufferer and the Witness. All of a sudden it went all staticy. In the left ear I heard nothing but static, but in the right ear I heard a scratchy voice saying "GEEEET OOOOUUT". This theatre is pretty new and as far as I know not built on or near anything old.

So I ask you all to help me figure out what this voice was and what it is trying to tell me.

Sincerely Cody13Smith

Other hauntings by Cody13Smith

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cody13Smith, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-23)
Next story coming out A.S.A.P this one is about my school :)i hope you will enjoy that one
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I will refrain from comment at this time.

God Bless!
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
There were no other electronic devices being used at the moment it happened other then some kids playing with a broken down pay as you look binoculars and I am completely sure it was not my own reflection it was to dark to show it anyways
bam_218 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
About the theater, houses and buildings for example aren't haunted because they're old. It can also because of the land, the land is haunted. Like for example, house could have burned down, and then years later someone might build a new house on that land and possibly get hauntings because of what happened their in the past.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Hi cody. I'm not sure what to think about the image you have seen on your father's lap top but I think that whitebuffalo and FRAWIN have given a good suggestion. It could very well be some kind interference from someone else's electronic device.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Iron_Maiden_88 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
😁 "classic case of the old possessed walkman" lmao JPing~

Is it a clear or blurred image? Are you sure its just not your reflection?
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
A discman is a portable CD Player and my batteries ran out and I am too lazy to recharge them
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
I don't know what a discman is, but the lap top yes. Was this lap top a newer one? And you say it was your dads. Is he still living? Good story thanks for sharing with us.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
Hi Cody,
(I am waving at you here) 😊 I would have to say that as you were standing OUTSIDE of the theatre (at least that is how I read it) you were probably in line with a few people who had similar listening devices.
Now, I do not know the first thing about all three of those devices that you mentioned in the story, but I do know that radio interference is a normal occurrence around here. Often times while my daughter is listening to music with her plugs in, she will yank them out of her ear as if the volume got cranked up and it was static interrupting the tunes.
There have been times where we will pick up a cell phone conversation while listening to the house stereo. And I hate to say this, but a long drawn out Get Out is something that the teens around my house say about four hundred times a day. With different tones and inflections, I might add.
If I missed something, please point it out. I do not want you to think I am trying to debunk your story, but something tells me you FEEL differently about this experience than the others that you posted previously. Is it that you think this may all be connected to the Non Native in the laptop? Or is there something more? (I am still thinking on the lap top thing. 😉)
Thank you, Cody
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
Hi Cody. The 'get out' you heard on your discman could be you picking up bits and pieces of cellphne transmissions or citizen band type communications.I'm not saying this is the solution but it something to think about. I pick up voices in my computer speakers quite often, nothing paranormal just freak transmissions.
Since you seem to be at ease with the computer image we won't go there. Take care little buddy and be careful.

FRAWIN 😊
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
"But I have never gotten creeped out by this man. No conversations with him, like I have had with the little girl, but no bad vibes like the ghost car on my street..."

Mate, just imagine how absurd and hilarious those two sentences read to those who, like me, are not familiar with your other stories. I half expected to read something about the lepricorns making you do it.

Now what do I think the voice was and what it was trying to tell you.

Well either it was the world's most awesome practical joke. Or, it's a classic case of the old possessed walkman. Have you considered hiring Max Von Sydow?

Now I'm not familiar with the particular strain of english this spirit seems to be using. But it could be something along the lines of G.T.F.O.

Before you start having a go back at me (which I deserve), I'd just like to excuse myself for my sarcasm. Sorry I can't be of any help. 😐
Terryberry (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
So the face flashes on the laptop when its not turned on yet? Either way that is creepy.

P.s. I get what you mean on the ipod vs discman thing, I got an Ipod for a gift and it's laying on a drawer with no music and a dead battery. Discmans are way easier to figure out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: