You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Gentle Lady

Real Ghost Stories

The Gentle Lady

 

This is taking place in my old apartment, my room. I have moved twice since. I was sitting on my bed, reading a book. I looked up to see the time and I rubbed my eyes and lay back for a while. I felt something cool on my cheek. I opened my eyes and it was a lady in a white nightgown. She had light auburn hair and blue eyes, and her skin was pale and icy cold. I backed away, scared out of my pants, nearly falling off the bed.

Only then did I notice that the lady wasn't on the floor (I slept on a high bunkbed, and instead of another bed underneath, it had drawers and a closet). At this point, I opened my mouth and took a deep breath for a blood-curdling scream. She put her hand on her lips in a "Shush," gesture.

She looked so gentle that I obeyed. Instead, I stared like a dope and studied her. She was barefoot, too, about in her teens. I looked up at her face again. She smiled at me, very sweetly and faded away.

My jaw might have dropped to the floor. I don't know. But it did go a long, long way. I told my family. No one believed me. Everyone told me it was because I was being influenced my the stories I read. I was never a big fan of ghost stories - until I had experiences that were ghost stories. Only then did I look up ghosts and the whole subject of the paranormal.

I understand some things a little better now.

Other hauntings by NightMaiden

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Greece

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NightMaiden, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
Very interesting experience. And harmless.
I wonder if you'd be able to communicate with her or if you'd try. Always thought it's somewhat strange when spirits randomly manifest then disappear without a return.
Leaves some question marks.
I enjoyed your story.
NightMaiden (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-18)
Sadly, I haven't seen her ever again. I'd like to, if she comes in the manner she did then. Even now, when I repeat my stories to my family, they STILL don't believe me...*sigh* I guess they never will.

Bellissima and KimSouthO, thanks for your wonderful comments...Yes, I'm starting to think I might be a titch sensitive to this type of thing.

I don't know whether I should be happy or not! >.< Yes, I think I've gotten the "fear" under control, pretty much.

Things don't scare me so easily anymore. ^.^ Thanks again!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
NightMaiden,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful occurance. I can relate to no one believing you. People have a very difficult time in beliving what they can not explain and what they do not understand. It sounds as if she visited you for some reason, one you will probably never know. I would agree, she met no harm of you probably would have sensed it, and I would be willing to bet you would have seen her again.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Great story NightMaiden. I know it must have been hard for you when no one believed in what you experienced. But I believe you and I bet a lot of other people believe you to. I just wonder who was that lady. Maybe someone from your family who past away many years ago. I bet it was trying to tell you something.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
NightMaiden, you seem to be quite sensitive. I just finished reading the story about your vivid dreams and because you don't try to claim they were actual experiences, it gives you credibility in my eyes. I believe you are quite open to spirits. They (the spirits) also realize this and come to you to be recognized and to get your attention. You'll probably have a lot of experiences in your life, you might even have a follower or two. Since they will want your attention and know you're aware, they'll be drawn to you. Most of the time you won't have to worry or feel threatened but you'll run into those that are angry about their situation. Be strong and try to keep your fear under control. You'll have to tell them to go on and leave you alone. Be brave, be strong. Even if your family and friends think you're crazy, at least know you're not alone in this, we're always here to listen and help if we can.
NightMaiden (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
sadly, I haven't seen her again, but she was very nice. I have moved twice since then, but I've never forgotten her :3
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
Hi, NightMaiden! 😁
Thanks for sharing this! As long as she didn't harm you, then everything is ok!

Much love,
Purplequeen ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
Hello NightMaiden. Obviously whatever or whoever she was, wished you no harm. As your title suggests she was kind and didn't want to frighten you. Maybe she was just observing you. Let us know if you see her again.
Thanks for your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: