You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Little Boy on the Stairs

Real Ghost Stories

Little Boy on the Stairs

 

We have started journaling the paranormal activity in our house. As far as we know, the previous owners had never talked about any paranormal activity. We didn't know them personally, but a co-worker was a good friend of theirs and had been to this house frequently. She said the previous owners never mentioned any paranormal activity to her. However, the next time she sees them, she is going to pointedly ask if they had any experiences. It has given me cause to start researching what previously stood on the site of the present house.

This is actually my husband's story, but he gave me permission to post it here.

On Saturday afternoon, I left the house with my two teen daughters and their friends to visit one of our local museums. (Yes, I have teens who actually enjoy museums... especially if they are haunted!) We left my husband Carl at home by himself except for our 9-year-old dog Meisha, a sheltie/terrier mix. Carl was in the kitchen next to the stairs that lead down to the basement. This is also Meisha's favorite hang out, so she was there, teasing for a belly rub.

Carl happened to glance down the steps and saw a little boy looking up at him. The boy was about 3 to 4 years old. He had blond hair and was wearing a blue shirt, black pants and suspenders. This little boy was smiling at Carl... And waving to him. Carl was very surprised. He had seen a white lady apparition in our upstairs hallway before, as well as white girl apparitions in the Rolling Hills Paranormal Research Center, the haunted asylum located in East Bethany, NY (open for public ghost hunts), but this was the first time he had seen a color apparition.

Carl quickly ran into the office to grab my camera to take pix, but the boy was gone when he returned. He then ran to our bedroom to grab his CellSensor EMF detector and took it down the stairs to the spot where he had seen the boy. The needle went off the gauge in this area and the alarm went off. When he received the EMF detector from his loving wife for Christmas, he had taken it around the whole house to see what kind of readings he got in different areas. In that landing at the bottom of the stairs, the needle had barely moved.

Besides seeing the little boy apparition, he also saw a shadow person about halfway across the family room in the basement, rising up from behind the love seat that sits perpendicular to the stairs door. The shadow person was also gone when he returned with the meter.

He immediately called my 13-year-old daughter (our "ghost magnet") on her cell phone to ask her to describe the little boy she had seen on the same set of stairs a different day, peaking up at her in the living room. The descriptions matched! Now we have to find out who the little boy is and why he is in our house.

Other hauntings by ParaTam

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ParaTam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
In my opinion, it was wrong to go after this little boy with all those gadgets - it lacks respect and humanity when he smiled and waved and you went after him like he was ET. Someday you will be as much a ghost as he.
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
Thanks to all for the nice comments.

I just asked Carl and my daughter - neither of them have seen the little boy again since Carl's sighting. If he is seen again, we may be able to get more information about/from him to know why he is here and how we can help him cross over. I think some of the spirits gravitate toward our house because my younger daughter Carin is a beacon. Carin is very connected to the spirit world, and has told me things that she has been told by spirits or "just come to her" that I later read in books from more expert sources. (I know her - she isn't reading books! LOL!) I call Carin my ghost magnet.

There are times we connect with a spirit through my daughter's divining rods, one who is from some other state or country and has no reason to be in our house. We may talk once or twice, then the spirit may move on. Maybe that is what has happened here with the little boy.

Once when Carl saw a white apparition of a woman walk down our hallway, I grabbed my divining rods and was able to talk with her through my spirit guide, Chen. Chen told me that her name is Ira and she died in the early 1700s.(I didn't write it down at the time and can't remember the exact date.) She was shy and didn't want to talk a lot, but did talk with me briefly later that day. We haven't seen her since that day either.

Thanks again - ParaTam
BCEagles25 (38 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
Little children are obviously easily impressionable. Tell him to, as Kim said, cross over, and he will.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
You seem to be very at ease with the paranormal around you.

I would hope if it is a little boy in the house, you would wish him on to the next level so he may be with his loved ones and at peace. Speak to him, tell him to cross over to be with family and/or friends.

God Bless!
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Wow! Sounds like you are all very comfortable for the most part with your haunted house. And how fitting that you all love to hunt and get to do that in the comfort of your own home. Wonderful story. If you have trouble finding information on the house try going to your local history center, or even going through microphish film at your local library.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Wow t5hat was a great story. Its good having family members who like the same things we do. The can be of good help. I hope you find some information on this place. And if you do get a picture PLEASE show it to us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Hi ParaTam.
There is strength in numbers and I feel that in that strength you will find out who this lost little boy is. Or at least what he is about. I do hope you are able to help him reach the Other Side where all of his loved ones await. I can not really think of anything more sad that lost children. (well, I can think of some pretty sad types, but those just tear my heart out) I think it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall of your house.
Thank you.
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
ANSWERS TO ALL...
Flutterofwings: My husband said this boy's clothing definitely looked from an earlier period than the 1973 that the house was built. I'll have to dig back further than that to find if there was another house on the property. Supposedly, it was the first one around for a mile. I think some of the spirits in our house are attracted to my daughter's ability to see, hear, feel spirits - like she is a beacon that draws them in. Some of them we've communicated with using divining rods tell us of having lived in different states and had never set foot in New York State. We've found other connections though through names or dates. I'll keep you posted if I find out anything about the boy. Thanks for posting to my story!

rhodes68: Sometimes I find these encounters amazing too. I try to read others stories to try to help make more sense of our experiences. I've learned so much through reading others stories. Thanks for the encouragement!

FRAWIN: Yes, we are a close family that hunts ghosts together. I'm finding people think that is very unusual, that one or another of us should be unbeleivers and be totally against it. But, we have all had experiences of one kind or another and "join energies" to try to find explanations. It is funny because we find ourselves checking off one entry after another on a list "You know you are obsessed with ghost hunting when...". For example, I am taking my daughters and a friend (a surprise for her 18th birthday!) to a punk concert in Rochester, NY, that will be held in the Main Street Armory built in 1905. It looks like a castle on their Web site! When we found out the concert location, we all wanted to take a camera - not to take pix of the bands, but to take pix in corners where there are no living people, hoping to capture some ghosts on film. LOL! Thanks again for the support of my stories.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
A great story. I once went on a ghost tour at some haunted house's some place. And one of them had a child seen on the steps. I didn't see anything but some of the people in the group did and took off running and screaming. At this house it was told he fell down the steps and broke his neck and died.
So I am just wondering if this little fella may of done the same thing? Will be interesting to find out what may cause this and the girl to appear. Keep us posted. Once again great story and thanks for sharing with us.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
Amazing encounters ParaTam. Hope to have you back soon with another one.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
Hello ParaTam. The family that ghost hunts together-stays together 😜. Thank you for sharing your story with us, I truly enjoyed it. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: