You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Family Ghost Story

Real Ghost Stories

Family Ghost Story

 

This is a story that was related to me by my second cousin and then the happenings to me and my daughter in later years. My second cousin who would be in her 90's if alive today, told me her ghost story. When she was in her 20's she and her current boyfriend were talking about death and being contacted from beyond the grave, and he told her that if anything happened to him, he would let her know he was ok. She replied how and he said through a clock.

She said ok and wondered what he meant. 6 months later he killed himself and my cousin was so sad she couldn't eat, messed up at work and had trouble sleeping. She was on the verge of losing her job.

That night when she got home from work, her aunt (who was raising her) told her that the weirdest thing happened. She stated that an old broken clock in the basement kept gonging and gonging and wouldn't stop until she put it on the floor and stomped on it. My cousin took this as a sign from the boyfriend and it helped her to get over her grief.

In 1983 my mother died on Christmas Eve. In January I was going over her belongings (she lived with me) and decided to put her alarm clock in my den. It had a lighted dial and I thought it would be good to keep on top of the TV (this was before tvs displayed the time at a push of a button).

That night I had a dream, but it was really early in the am (still dark) and the dream consisted of me standing in darkness and a voice telling me I had psychic powers and to use them. At first I was scared and refused the "gift", the voice was persistent and so I agreed to having them. People started to appear in my dream and I ran up to each one telling them of my gift. Then a loud scary sound started, I woke up and still heard it and realized it was my mother's alarm clock going off.

I got out of bed, went into the den to turn off the alarm button. This old clock had the pin in the back that you pulled out to let it ring and push in to turn it off. BUT when I tried to push it in I realized it was already pushed in, the alarm was set to go off at 8 am and it was only 3:59. I then realized that it was "mom" saying hi. Instead I yanked the cord out of the wall to make it stop.

Years later in the 90's, after I moved to Florida, my daughter had the alarm clock sitting on her tv and on Christmas Eve one of those years it ran again and the pin was not pulled out at that time either.

The clock is wrapped up in a box in storage now.

Other hauntings by MOTHERPANN

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MOTHERPANN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bubba (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
hi,

So sad to hear about the suicide. It is brutal for the ones left behind. My dad comitted suicide in 1995. I was hoping someday that I would get a sign from him and the only sign I got was him calling my name in a very callous voice. This happened a few times.
Sorry for going off course here. Just wanted to say I like reading your stories. Thanks for sharing.
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
WhiteBuffalo, I love to read your messages, you seem so aware and I do like the advice you offer others. I never thought about my mom warning me but it's a good point, I do have to say that when I was told I had psychic powers (in the dream) I was very frightened and I did not feel comfortable with the voice that was telling me about them in the dream, but once I accepted the "powers", I felt at peace. After all my family has had various experiences throughout my life. But around this time, I was involved with being a "born again" Christian and everyone in my bible study group told me to renounce this power at once and that it would only encourage evil. I did pray at that time to take it away if it wasn't God given. It slowed down quite a bit but other supernatural happenings occurred, praying in tongues, being slayed in the Spirit, instant healings, and other Christian based events. This all happened in the 80's and in NJ but since I have been in Fla, things are different. My beliefs have changed, I feel there is more to Christain religion then is being taught and too many other things have happened in the past 20 years to make me stick to one belief.

I also feel that I am a Star Seed Person and I have many traits regarding being one
I tested 97 out of 100 points on a Star Seed quiz. I have 0-blood and have also been interested in UFOs and aliens since I was a young child (i'm 56 now). I know this is a ghost site so I haven't posted any of those events but If you want to know more let me know.

Motherpann
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
I have to ask my daughter where the clock is as she had it last. I just might plug it in again, especially since I am having so much activity at my house lately.
If anything happens I will let you know.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hi MOTHERPANN,
You know, while I agree with what it is that everyone else has posted, I got a different FEEL to this story than the others did. I feel the important message is in the interruption of your dream.
Now, I could be wrong, but I think your mother was giving TWO separate messages. The first one being that she was saying hello. What I also feel she was letting you know was that you need to be careful of all of the beings that will now contact you as you are aware of your gift.
In your dream, you were approaching others to let them know that you were receptive. As you were doing this, your Mother woke you with the alarm. Perhaps it was her warning to take it slow, and to maybe not let it known to just about EVERYBODY. Maybe you were being warned to allow OTHERS to seek YOU out.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Oh,I was saddened by this story! This clock functions as a communication "channel" between loved ones. What your mother is doing is obviously asking that you do not forget her(very much like your cousin's boyfriend).Now, considering that Christmas is a time of gathering for any family and the time of her death, I would have to say that your mother wants to let you know that, one way or another, she'll always be there even if it's not in a physical sense.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
What a touching story. It is amazing that those we love who preceed us can soemtimes find ways to let us know they are at peace, with our Lord and we should not be worried and should find some comfort in these occurances.

I personally, although I do get frightened, look at the situation after the fact and decide it is a blessing, thank God for the blessings and am glad that I have loved ones willing to share with me.

Thanks for sharing your story!
God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
That was nice. Close people to our hearts try to give us a sighn that they are ok. Sometimes they are small sighns others are sighns that you don't really have to think about and you know that it is from the person who past away. They let us know that they are in a better place. And ar ewaiting for us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
I would have that clock out and plugged in. I think it's your mom's way of communicating just to let you know she is still visiting and keeping an eye on her beloved family. I would find it comforting.
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
With all the packing and moving, I guess it just got "lost" in one of the boxes in the attic. I should make an effort to find it and see if anything happens again.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Hi MOTHERPANN. I hate to hear of people killing themselves. That's so sad. It seems as though you and your family have spirits who like to communicate through clocks. Why is your Mother's clock stored away? Thanks for sharing your experience.

SHELBY ❤ 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: