You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Seeing Family Relatives

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing Family Relatives

 

As we sometimes set in my parent's living room we will see a figure of a person go by the living room window. My dad he also experience this in his living room. I have actually seen a women with a red turban on her head run by. My other aunt who is still alive says my aunt who passed away wore this color turban on her head.

I have also seen a man figure. My dad or I will go to the door thinking someone has come to visit and nobody will be there. Just recently my mom had seen someone walk by and no one was there. This gives me cold chills because I don't understand what is happening to my dad and me. My gut feeling tells me it is my grandfather and my deceased aunt. I also have dreams of someone getting sick and it happens not to the person I dream about, but to somebody I know usually in the same family. I dreamed my younger brother went in a coma and it actually happened to my brother who was two years older.

If you could help me with this experiences, I will tell some more things that have happen to me in my dreams also. It has happened to me so much, I tell my mother to watch out for family members who seem sick. I just had a dream in october 2007 my dad had a stroke but it was my uncle and he died shortly after.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Penny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-23)
Penny = you are a sensitive. A person with the ability to see and also some of your family members. I do so agree with whitebuffalo, entities being outside. His comments are so true.
Take great care,
Rose
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-23)
Hello Penny,
Sometimes our minds in our dream state make things easier for us to handle. Or they point things out with an urgency by bringing someone ELSE into the picture so that we will notice them and pay more attention. That could be the reason for your dreaming of the illnesses of family members, but the actual family member who is affected is someone else.
I do have one question for you, and then I will give a bit of an explanation. You said that your Dad has experienced things in the living room. Is he the only one who sees things IN the house? I got a bit confused as you said that you do see your aunt run by.
With most of the occurrences being OUTSIDE of the house (running, or passing by the windows) I would say one of you has some very strong capabilities. If you were all "open" your HOUSE would have a lot of activity. As it is, (or rather, how I read this) most everything is OUTSIDE your residence. Either that, or at one point, someone has banned entities from entering the home.
I would try not to wonder too much, you seem to be safe. With your aunt around, I am sure you have nothing to fear.
Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
It sounds as if you are sensitive to your surroundings. Regardless of if these visions are family members or not, they are comfortable there and they are comfortable that you can see them, or it is residual and the passing by the windows will continue as it is an imprint on time from previous energy.

As far as your dreams, I am not an expert on dream scapes, however... My opinion (take it for what it is) that when you dream of an accident or illness, you mind rejects the fact that you will know exactly who it is and therefore your mind replaces the person with an image of another. Our minds can do very strange things whether we like or not.

I look forward to reading more of your occurances!

Gos Bless!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
These experiences are so "dull" so to speak (no offense AT ALL, dull is a good thing here), that I believe you outright. THESE are the kind of things people I know have experienced--a man knocking on the door and nobody's there, for example, or simply somebody walking past your window or doorway and disappearing. --doesn't always have to be a flashback from your youth about a cemetery or demon or whatnot...

I think you have little to worry about here. Could be a family member, could be someone who lived there previously (do yo live in Queens?), or something else entirely. Unfortunately, the majority of supernatural experiences are not tied-up neatly with a cause and effect. You may never know why these things are happening to your house, but then again, it probably doesn't matter because they mean no harm to you.

Thanks for sharing and I hope to hear from you soon.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
A red turban is something quite characteristic and since more than one person has seen the apparitions,then,it's quite likely it's not your imagination. Let alone that, the dreams you're describing, obviously serve to warn you about a threat that your family members will encounter. As I see it Penny(and I might be wrong)it's most likely a family member who's watching over you.

I'm hoping to hear more from you in the future.

Take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: