You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Man Figure Falls Into a Ditch

Real Ghost Stories

Man Figure Falls Into a Ditch

 

Most members of my family live in Atlixco, Mexico. A small village like place, the kind of place were everyone knows each other. Last year in August, me and my mother went there to pay respect to my deceased brother, like every other year for five years, but this visit was different.

We were staying at my grandfather's place (my mother's dad, since she doesn't get along with my father's side of the family) and he lives down this big hill, basically it's sort of isolated but the view is amazing. Since it's only one room I had to sleep on the floor while my mother slept on the bed, my uncle slept in a corner on the other side of the room, and we were all asleep, well they were, I wasn't.

It was raining that night and I can't sleep when it rains for some odd reason. I started to hear noises outside of the door (which is like this blue metal door with designs on it but no glass to cover up the top of it which is bare.) I went to check it out and there was someone or something standing outside at the bottom of the stairs. I couldn't really make out the figure but it looked like a man.

So I'm thinking it's my grandpa because he's not inside, and because the dogs aren't barking, he owns a lot of dogs. So I stood there watching him thinking maybe I should open the door for him but as I open the latch my uncle's kitten (also known as my great aunt) comes out hissing at the figure, panicking, I closed the door back up. And the figure just starts backing away, towards this deep ditch (my grandpa dug for some reason I think he said it was to keep us safe or something.) and I'm thinking Oh my god he's going to fall so I run out in the pouring rain, but it's to late he just falls into the ditch or so it looked like it. I bend over to see but there's no one there. I went back inside, and still everyone's asleep and that's when I notice my Grandfather sleeping under the table (he's paranoid that someone's trying to get him or maybe he was drunk.)

I remember just thinking what if it comes back? Or maybe I'm insane. Either way I got the nerve to go back outside, and I sat on the ground leaning next to the door, with a blanket, I don't think it was for me since I didn't use it. The rest of it is a blur.

The next day my mother confronts me at dinner, asking me why I was sitting outside all of last night, I couldn't remember doing this so I told her that I didn't now what she was taking about. Then after an awkward silence she asked me who was the man I was waiting for. I had no clue what she was talking about, but it was freaking me out.

Later she told me that when she had asked me in the morning, what was I doing sitting out here, I responded by saying I'm waiting for him to come back. I can't even remember any of this except for seeing the figure. I still have no idea what compelled me to go towards the figure or even why I sat outside waiting for it. It still bothers me maybe I should have let it in.

I'm beginning to think maybe it was the spirit of my brother and it makes me feel guilty.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xxx_Cenizas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

zackboy105 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
Thanks for sharing I know some thing that would help us all How long ago did your brother die? Sorry for your loss by the way
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-23)
You know, I think Bellissima is onto something here. I have really only heard of a few instances in which animals were not adversely effected by the presence of a ghost, and as the kitten was the only one to back away from the door hissing...
Sounds like I would have liked your Grandpa. What an interesting man. Does/did he feel threatened by the thought of such a presence as a demon? Are you in a tornado belt, hurricane belt, any of those type things to have NEED of such a trench?
Thank you.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
I like the sound of your grandpa. Digging trenches and sleeping under tables - what a character. 😆

I agree with mustang. Perhaps your grandpa was afraid of this man/demon. Then again, perhaps he's just getting paranoid with age. Have you asked him about it?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
Wow Nice story. I for sure think that it wasn't your brother. I agree with everyone hear. If it was him he would have let you know and believe me if it was your brother you wouldn't be scared. You would probably feel nice. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
Hi xxx. Is it possible this was just an elaborate dream? I'm asking this for a couple of reasons. Animals are usually quite sensitive to spirits, very often they have a reaction and you said your uncle's dogs didn't bark (but you did say the kitten had a reaction). Also, I can't see why you would sleep outside, soaking wet, all night. This would be very uncomfortable for you. I'm also wondering if this was a dream, maybe you were sleepwalking(?), because you didn't remember sleeping outside - it seems like you would know depending on where you were when you woke up? You also didn't remember talking to your mom. If your uncle is so paranoid that he dug a ditch for protection and sleeps under the table then maybe it's possible his extreme paranoia had a strong affect on you causing you to sleepwalk during a vivid dream. I don't mean to disrespect your uncle (paranoid was your word) I'm sorry if it sounds that way. Although, if there was a spirit frightening him then I understand why he would dig a ditch and sleep under the table. Out of simple curiosity, what did you mean when you said you didn't think the blanket was for you because you didn't use it? Just wondering about that. I'm also wondering why your uncle's kitten is also known as your great aunt. You didn't explain or give a reason so I'm curious as to why you think that.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Hi xxx_Cenizas. I really don't know what to think of this 'being' backing away and then dropping down into the ditch. The only thing I can tell you is that it definitely was not your brother like Kim and EricaAshley said. I'm not sure what this being was or what it wanted. Maybe that is who your Grandpa was afraid of. Thanks for sharing your story.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
I would not concern yourself with the possibility it was your brother., Had it been your brother, he would have made some way for you to know it was him, some way for the un-certainty to not be there. This 'thing' did not want you to know it was there, it did not want you to see it or be near it, thus it backing up and falling into the ditch! Had ti wanted recognition, it would not have done this.

It also sounds as if your memory of this occurance is a biot vague, do not place guilt on yourself for this. The incident is over and the guilt couls certainly make the episode worse than it is and was.

Thank you for sharing your story!
God Bless!
EricaAshley (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Don't worry. It was NOT your brother. This is why it's not. Spirits of the deceased are much less likely to have the energy for you to see them, and also if you felt scared, then it's NOT him at all. It was probably a demon, the reason is demons are more likely to be seen, and felt than spirits. Spirits are usually just able to move things, turn things on and off, and give off POSITIVE energy. This was certainly a demon, if it was your brother, you would of known for sure, and felt it. Trust me. Sometimes demons even take shape or form of peoples family/friends, but you will always feel the evil and know its NOT them, a demon took the place of my grandpa once, but listen don't worry. It was a demon, and all you can do is pray and bless the house, and shout it out in the name of jesus christ. Email me if you need to. Pixiesweet89 [at] aim.com is my aim.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: