You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something in the Atmosphere

Real Ghost Stories

Something in the Atmosphere

 

Feeling relaxed and confident that the children were fast asleep I decided to have my fare share of net surfing while I could, at 11pm. Hubby was out back in his workshop doing some last minute maintenance on our 1991 Toyota Torago. Roaming a few sites I ended up on Friendster, a network site and a way of keeping in touch with family and friends from Philippines.

I was checking my messages and updating photos to my account when a shadow cast itself upon the wall in front, as though someone had passed behind me. Thinking it was my eldest daughter passing by to retrieve ice from the freezer nearby, as she normally does at any time of day or night, I waited for the opening of the freezer door and the rattling of the ice box, but there was no sound at all.

Instantly, there was a change in the atmosphere as if something bad was present in the room. For some odd reason I felt so afraid. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up on ends. A cold chill ran down my spine and I began to break out in a sweat, all over. Unable to explain what was happening I jumped from the chair and ran out to the garage to where hubby was tinkering away at whatever it was he needed to do. "There's someone in the house!" I grabbed his hand and lead him into the house.

He immediately searched every room without question. "Where'd you see him?" he finally asked. Now, how was I to explain that the one I was speaking of was not of this world? Feeling embarrassed, I told him what had happened. Hubby just looked at me, confused, then said "Just pray my love..." With that he kissed me and went back to his maintenance. I guess, he was used to my explanations of paranormal occurrences, unlike myself, I am still not getting used to them.

This event happened late last year. It truly freaked me out, and until now, when I think about it, it still gives me the chills...

Other hauntings by marijun

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marijun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
I guess you have a point Whitebuffalo, when you wrote "Sometimes our fear will give us a feeling that something bad is about to happen" I found a quote, "Nothing in life is to be feared, it is yet to be understood" by Marie Curie.
I guess I haven't fully understood the spirit world and placing fear in the way of misunderstanding.
Thanks for your comment.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
You know, Marijun,
I think that third paragraph really says a lot more than what was written. As you sat there with your back to whatever it was that was in your home, you waited for the sound of the ice box. When that did not happen, you started feeling as if something was wrong.
People deal with fear in a myriad of ways, and one of them is to have chills and then sweats, or vise versa. Sometimes our fear will give us a feeling that something bad is about to happen, (thus, the fear) and in thinking that, we place the feeling of evil in its stead. Not all things that feel evil are in fact evil, just something that we fear.
Just a question: Does your computer screen flicker at odd times? Mine does. I seem to notice it more in the middle of the night when most of the lights are out and no one is about, or sleeping. Sometimes that does have me looking over my shoulder for no apparent reason, as nothing is really there. Just a thought there. If it does not flicker, then, I do not get a bad feeling out of this one.
To tell you the truth, I almost get the absence of feeling. As if there is no emotion involved. Hmmm, curious.
Thank you.
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
yeh... I tried to look up the history about the house. But nothing came up. Unless I'm not looking in the right place. Anyone got any ideas as to where I can look? Or ring? Thanks for reading. Have a great day :)
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
You should check the history og the house.
Its very scary, but thanks for sharing your story with us 😁
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Hi guys... Thanks for taking the time to read. In response to Mustang, it was the first time that I've had this bad experience. I was perspiring all over as though I had been doing some strenuous exercises. My hair was so wet, it was sticking to my face. My hands were sweaty and my back felt clammy as it clung to my clothes... It wasn't hot or cold inside the house, just room temperature, as one would put it. I've had other occurrences happened to me before but none that has affected me in this way. KimSouth0, all I know about the house is that it's twenty something years old. I haven't heard or found anything out of the ordinary about the house and its surroundings. I think the shadow and the feeling just freaked me out a bit. God Bless =)
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Hi marijun. It is very freaky when these things happen, especially when you feel threatened. I don't care how many times things have appeared to me I still cannot get used to it. It scares me just about every time. I have never heard of getting chills and then breaking out in a sweat because of an entity. That's odd to me. Has this happened to you more than once? Do other paranormal things happen to you? Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Have you had any other occurances in your home either prior to or after this occurance? Do you have any idea of the history of the house? Was anything disturbed or was it simply the shadow and the feeling?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: