You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Knocking Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Knocking Door

 

Every night, at around 8:30pm, there are door sounds, like it is being opened. My two dogs won't bark at just anything, and they rarely bark at all, but for the past six nights, the door sounds like it is being opened. My two dogs start barking, and run to the door. When me and my dad get there, the door has not been open, because we have locked both the storm door and the interior door. When we leave and go back down into the basement, the door will be "opened" within the next 10 to 15 minutes. When ever I go upstairs to answer the door, I get a cold rush going through my whole body, and I feel like I have just walked into a freezer. Sometimes the door will be "opened" again before we can sit down in our basement. I sometimes feel like I am being watched, and other times I just get chills running up and down my back.

I don't feel safe in my own house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

lew87 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-09)
When I was a little kid, my brothers and sisters and I had few experiences of what we called the knocking, but never any figures like you mentioned. It never happened that late either. One of my sisters was watching TV in her house one night and gazed across the rooms. There was only TV light but she saw a black figure standing in her doorway. A few nights later, she went to bed and after a few minutes, she said she was being held down and tried to yell out but she couldn't. She was finally able to get up and go into the living room. She told my other sister about it and she said she had only been laying down for 15 minutes. To this day she isn't sure if it was real or a dream.
Mindi (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
I often hear noises like someone opening the back door and walking around in the kitchen. The last time I heard it I crept up the stairs and looked in the kitchen and there was nothing there. The doors were all locked. I definitely heard the footsteps and thought the kids left the door unlocked as it was late at night. Now when I hear it and know the doors are locked I just try to ignore it and continue doing what I was doing before. I always keep the doors locked even when everyone is home, as the big city is not safe as it once was. I don't sense anything evil but it is a bit unerving to hear noises when no one is actually there that I can see. And they haven't done anything to harm anyone just seem to be doing their own thing. I guess some of us are more sensitive than others to such things. Try to go on with whaever you are doing as it is YOUR HOME and you should feel safe in it.
Jodi Langan (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-20)
I thought this was scary it was very freaky.

Does it happen often?
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-18)
I do also go along with Taylor, it probably is someone in your family who has passed away and wants to pay another visit. I think that you shouldn't let these spirits get too much to you, you should try to feel safe at home, no matter what. I know it's weird and nerving when you feel something looking at you when noone you can actually see is looking at you at all, and I know it isn't welcoming to just hear someone open the door and feel chills at the door instead of the warmth of a human, but you have got to try and get used to it. These spirits, I promise you, cannot harm you in any way, unless they throw glass at you or something but other than that they cannot physically harm you. So, Amanda, take care and be safe. - Janice
taylor (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-18)
it could be someone in your family. and they want to tell you I miss you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: