You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Grandparents' Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

Grandparents' Haunted House

 

My grandpa's house is haunted. Someone who killed himself used to live there. One time we were there for my grandpa's 50th birthday and everyone was downstairs and we heard a doors slam upstairs. We all went up there and all three doors were lying on the floor. This happens repeatedly. The dog will stand at the bottom of the stairs during the day and will just stare at the top. During the night the dog will go nowhere near the stairs and will bite if you try taking it upstairs.

On Christmas day one year we were eating Christmas dinner and my Uncle looked into the living room where the Christmas tree was and it started shaking back and fourth. He had my step grandma look at it to and she saw it too, so he knew he wasn't just seeing things.

One time grandpa and step grandma were out of town for a week so my aunt came over to watch the house and to take care of the dog. She went near the stairs and felt an evil thing near. She went to get a glass of water and felt something behind her. When she turned around she saw a ghost. She ran, grabbed the dog, and left. She refuses to go to the house.

Our family does not like the house whatsoever. Grandpa and step grandma do not mind living there. They said after all the years living in the house they have gotten used to it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sarasaradg, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sarasaradg (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-17)
Sorry I have been gone. I asked my aunt about the iccident and she refused to talk about it sorry. No they do not have to replace their doors they are never broken when they are found on the floor. Its very creepy. It usually happens around a full moon. The house they live in was one of the first houses built in our town and is the oldest one still standing. It was once owned by a guy who shot himself but it did not happen in the home. They live in a small town in southern indiana.
sarasaradg (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
like someone was shaking the christmas tree back and fourth it was scary
savannasavannart (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
What do you mean the Christmas tree was shaking-like swaying from a gust of wind or being shook by something or someone? Wouldnt that be sort of scary though? I mean you probably go to your grandparents house a lot or do your family and you try to stay away from? I think since all those things happened that you might have a ghost.
❤Savanna ❤
sarasaradg (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-13)
about a year ago they just quite putting doors up. Yes they were off the hinges she just bearly got a glimpse of it
sarasaradg (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
I'll ask my aunt what the ghost looked like and I will give you more details later! Bye! ❤ Sara
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Uh, the doors were on the floor? Were they not attached by hinges? ALL the time, this happens?
How do they replace the doors?
I had a door that would repeatedly need readjusting. For some reason it would keep pulling away from the hinges and weakened them enough that we would have to realign them and put the screws in different areas to allow the screw to have something to grab on to. If this happens ALL the time, do they have to replace the door jams often?
How expensive! And they are USED to shelling out that kind of money. Wow, I can not even imagine having to do that. I would leave to doors on the floor.
What part of Indiana are your Grandparents from? I live in Indiana and would love to visit the place!
Thank you.
ozonalions (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hi Sara,

My name is Lauren. I really think you have a ghost on your family's hands. First some questions for you. Where does this take place? Plus does it have to do with the land?
Maybe you can do some EVP's and check in to the lands and the houses history. Even the towns.

Hope that helped

Lauren ❤ ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
I have to agree with everyone else here. All of my questions have already been asked so I will come back to this and comment if and when the writer comes back and answers the questions.

SHELBY ❤
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
I hate to say this but some things don't add up.
A door slams upstairs, you go check and all three doors are lying in the floor and this happens repeatedly. And this is taken for granted?
Your aunt sees a ghost--what did she see?
Your aunt senses evil and goes for a glass of water? Not a typical reaction.
Grandpa and grandma is use to this? How do you get use to putting your doors back up and dealing with something evil.

I'm not saying that I disbelieve your story(stranger things have happened) but for the time being I'll have to remain skeptical.

FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
what is met by she saw a 'ghost' what did she see? That is a pretty vague description.

I am certain you have had experiences. I am afraid I need a bt more detail though.

The doors laying on the floor... Were they ripped from their hinges?

God Bless!
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
You're more than a bit vague in the area of description. I'm also unsure what "all three doors were lying on the floor" means.
BCEagles25 (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Can you describe the ghost? And when you say all the doors were on the ground, you mean they were... Unhinged?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: