You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Few Family Ghost Stories

Real Ghost Stories

A Few Family Ghost Stories

 

When my mom and aunt were children in the 1950s, my aunt was taking piano lessons and learning to play a particular song. At that time, both parents were working so my mom and aunt were alone for a few hours after school. One day, when my mom and aunt got home from school, they had just opened the door to the house when my aunt freaked out and started crying.

She claimed to hear the song she was learning being played on the piano in the, as of yet, empty house. My mom didn't hear it, but told my aunt that maybe she was hearing it because she was anticipating playing it.

My grandfather died of a heart attack in 1984 when I was six years old. My mom told me that a few days after he died, my grandmother received a phone call that was just static on the other end. We think it was my grandfather.

A few years ago in 2003, my mom was at home alone (in our present house) when she said a glass in one of the cupboards spontaneously exploded, sending glass shards flying all over the place. It was true because we were finding shards all over the place even a few weeks later.

My mom also has a violin that she plays and a couple of times, I've heard it play a note while it's shut up in its case. My dad says he has also heard it.

One time, I was home alone when I heard clunking and scratching sounds coming from our basement. No, I did NOT go down to investigate!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SilverWolf77, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Kimberly_Anne (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Silverwolf- sorry this is kind of late but I had
Something similar happen. As a kid (I'm almost
32 now) I played the guitar. When it was put
Away I would hear it play. Only 2 notes, it always
Played the same two notes. *kimberly*
Nikki1990 (3 stories) (21 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-15)
Wow, that's pretty creepy. If a glass ever exploded for no reason around me I don't know what I would do. Do you think the spirits or whatever they were, were evil or just bored?
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
sounds like the spirit seems to like instruments to me. Do you think its possible that the spirit that plays the violin is the same spirit that was playing the piano in the beginning?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Hi SilverWolf,
The phone call does seem to grab the attention, does it not? Every time one of my parents call there is a type of echo. It never happens when anyone else calls, just them.
When my manager from work calls me on her cell, often times she has to place the call several times as it just transmits static the first time. Sometimes twice. I do not understand it, maybe it is telling me not to answer, I need a day off! 😆
The scratching and clunking in the basement can be explained away easily enough as squirrels, chipmunks, raccoons, all manner of animals.
The shattered glass and violin strings playing, are another thing all together. There MAY be something THERE, but as FRAWIN said, you all know the FEEL of the place when all of these things occurred. Sometimes in retelling an event it really does not sound paranormal, but in the FEEL of it, it is. You know what I mean? Only you KNOW what it was, even if you still question EXACTLY what it was.
Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hello SilverWolf77. About everything you describe can be explained by natural causes, although in certain situations everything has to be right for it to happen. The bottom line is what do you and your family believe. If you believe it was your Grandfather trying to contact you -it was. No harm, no foul. God Bless You and Yours.

FRAWIN 😊 ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hello Silverwolf. It is possible that your Aunt was hearing the song because she was anticipating playing for it. I am not for sure if it really was the spirit of your Grandfather on the other end of that phone line but it's possible. It could easily be explained. I get all sorts of weird numbers on my phone. Sometimes no number at all. I also have had a strange static on my phone and other sounds as well but I just blow it off. As for the Violin and the glass exploding in the cabinet, that is very strange. What is the history of your house or the land? Who do you think played with the violin and broke the glass? Thanks for sharing your stories.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Thanks for the comments. No, we have no pets. I suppose some animals, such as birds or squirrels could get in. You never know.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
These events alone can be frightening and can cause you to scratch your head. I would say though, given that length of time between each event, if it is anything paranormal, it is nothing to worry about. Simply excess energy from past showing itself on present.

Thank you for sharing your story!
God Bless!
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Some odd events there. However, if I had a dollar for every time I've received a staticy phone call or heard unexplained bumps in the night I'd be a millionaire.

Does anyone know at what temperature glass can explode? I'm sure it's possible, but I'm curious to know whether or not those temperatures are within the daily temperature limits.
BCEagles25 (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Everything there is very interesting, but about the scratching in the basement... Do you have any pets?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: