You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Old House Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Old House Haunting

 

Back again, but this story is different from my auditorium story. When I was around 4 years old I was living in a house which isn't that far from where I live now and isn't far from my high school. It all started by me seeing shadow figures or people in reflections and of course me being 4, it scared me.

Well one night I was awoken in a start and just happened to look at my window. What I saw shocked me, it was a shadow figure but not the normal ones. It was moving as if it was trying to get into the window. I screamed and my father came in and turned on the light and went to the window and saw nothing. I told him to turn the light off and look again, there was nothing. He passed it off as a bad dream but it was too real. Now you're saying it could have been a prank or a tree, well my room was on the third story, and the tree that was by it was (and still is) a pretty big tree but in no way looks that much like a person.

I was tormented with bad dreams until the point where I couldn't sleep in that room and slept in my parents room until I was about 8.

Now when my friends slept over we wouldn't sleep in my room because they would refuse, in fact they would refuse to go anywhere near it and I would have my toys brought downstairs. Well one night my friend and I were playing with my wrestling figures, we put them down and went to sleep. The next morning they were scattered all over the room, some on top of each other and others just laying there.

I would hate being there alone after dark and wouldn't leave the living room or the computer room.

Other hauntings by zack1392

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zack1392, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-28)
Wow do you know the history of the house?...Maybe you should get it blessed or something... Such a scary thing to be happening to a child 😕
BCEagles25 (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
The sight of a dark figure trying to get in your window is TERRIFYING and emotionally scarring, especially at 4.

I feel for you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
I am with White Buffalo. I will not say this did not occur, but, what ever was trying to get into your room, it didn't make it.

Also, sometimes childrens anxieties and stressors can rub off onto their friends.

Thank you for sharing your story with us!
God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
You know what Zack?
While the sight of someone trying to get into your window WOULD have been terrifying, you were four. Now that you are older, think on this...
It was TRYING to get in your window. IT DID NOT. If it DID not, it probably COULD not. I am sure you have watched some form of a ghost story on the telly. Do they knock and wait for someone to say come in? If it really wanted in, if it really COULD have gotten in, it would have simply come through the wall (there are reasons that ghosts CAN NOT come through windows).
While it was a terrifying sight, you were obviously protected by SOMETHING or SOMEONE who prevented it's entrance.
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Hi Zack. It must have been hard for you knowing that there was something in the house but no one believed in you. I never felt like that but I understand you. Try Finding information about that house. Maybe you will find something interesting. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
Hmmm not real sure about this one. Have to think a bit on it. I am not saying this is not true just, got to think on it.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
Most of this story I could chalk up to night terrors and the power of suggestion as far as other kids not wanting to play in that room or sleep in it. The toys being thrown about could be a genuine poltergeist phenomenon or someone is walking in their sleep which can accompany night terrors. Children are so suggestive and have vivid imaginations. Not saying this is the case just presenting some rational explanations.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
Hi zack. That sounds like a terrifying experience for a small child. Do you know the history of the house? Who might have lived there before your family moved in? The history of the property?

SHELBY

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: