You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Pet Coming to Say Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

Pet Coming to Say Goodbye

 

Now, I've read a lot about ghost stories. I used to have an obsession a few years back with them. And from what I've read, a few factors of it point to a ghost. I'm not a hundred per cent sure whether it was a ghost although I can't think of anything else it could have been. I guess I'll leave it up to you to decide

When I was 11, I adored this little kitten. It belonged to the next door neighbours and they mistreated it. I felt heart broken, and looked after it as much as I could. I would pet it, feed it, and showed it love. Over time, it learned to trust me and it loved no human more than me. Even when it had kittens, it bought them over from next door and left them outside my window still.

When it grew into cat hood the next door neighbours decided they didn't want the hassle of it getting pregnant again. So they got it speyed. However not wanting to have it in the house they shoved it outside where its stitches came undone and its insides were hanging out. She could have been saved but they didn't want to pay the money.

I was heart broken for ages, and cried every night. Even now, as I turn 16 I still miss it.

I remember one night a few months after I was feeling sorrow for the poor cat on my bed as I was patting my dog. Suddenly cold drafts were coming. Now because it was a while ago I'm not 100% sure if the draft thing happened, because it happened a long time ago but from what I remember it did.

However what I do remember, did happen for real. My dog jumped off my lap and started barking at thin air. I found that really weird, and shuffled back a little bit. But then I felt as if a cat was rubbing against my bare foot. I didn't see anything, just thin air. I wasn't sure if it was a ghost or not but being curious, I put my hand out. I felt something go under my hand and rub against it. However it didn't last long as it disappeared as soon as it came, and my dog returned to normal.

You may not believe me, but I still hold onto this precious memory of my small cat saying goodbye to me, and not to be sad of her departure.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FashionZombies, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KoltenAspen (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-23)
Poor cat it brakes my heart to hear that it stitches came undone and its insides were hanging out I mean like how would your neighbours like it if their insides were hanging out gosh I hope the neighbours die
Shayna (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
I'm sorry about the kitty. I wish they would have treated the cat better, and I'm happy you loved her. 😊 I bet she's really happy now and she's found lots of other friends, but I bet she misses you. 😢

God Bless,
Shayna ❤
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
I can't believe that your neighbors could be so cruel to that loving cat. It makes me so mad that someone can mistreat an animal, and just laugh about it. Your neighbor's are just heartless people, that probably don't give a d*mn about anything other than their selves. I'm sorry about that, it just makes me so mad that someone can do that to a innocent animal. 😠
There are a lot more things I could say about them, but I'll just keep it to my self.

Any way back to the story, that cat came to you because it knew you were the only person that loved the poor thing, because you were there for it and its kittens, you gave the cat the unconditional love that it deserved, and she came back to let you know that you don't have to worry about her that where she is now, she is happy and healthy, and that she will always love you for all the things you done for her, and she understands that it isn't your fault for what her sorry owners did to her, But that you were the one who loved and cared for her, and that she loves you for that, and for that she will always be greatful, for the love you showed her.
Sorry for so long of a comment.
Thanks for sharing this good but sad story with us. 😊 ❤

P.S. Also just remember that if it hadn't been for you, both her and her kittens wouldn't have probably been around.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Hi I don't why some people can be so cruel to animals like cats and dogs I love cats and dogs all my life... Even thought I have cats here and I always cry when it died and it made me sad to see any animals that are been cruel to hurt other animals by people... You have a very good heart and the cat that trust you and no others You lucky and May gone to light with god that he love the cat and will have it own good bed in heaven.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
YOU GO ESSIEJ! I feel the same way as you do! I can't say enough about people that are abusive to the helpless!

SHELBY ❤ 😊 😐
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
If I can say it on this site, I think the people who did that to that cat should have to have their insides outside their body, I don't know if I can say that. I like that the cat came back to you, cause you were the one that loved her.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
FashionZombies, I'm pleased that you are joined by so many golden hearted people on this site! I'm known as Doolittle in my family, you can guess why (I even cared for an abandoned, starving iguana once -a critter I am not particularly fond of- and restored him to a perfectly healthy and well socialized pet) Your heart is forged of pure gold and the kitty knew that and came for a grateful and loving good-bye. She's finally happy, loved and comfortable. A loving, special thank you was given to you that day. Your dog felt her there and so did you.
pinkpantherclue (5 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
WOW, this is sooo much like my neighbor's cat! It was a kitten and used to come in my yard when I was 11 - 12 and I would pet it and play with it, and my neighbor would get mad and said I can't touch it anymore. Even though it came in MY yard! And it would walk in other's yards, and I saved it by returning it home before it got lost because that happened to my cat and bunny before. My neighbor was my age and got kind of mean and she didn't let the cat inside or anything. She gets so many animals and never takes care of them. She has a dog who had puppies and she leaves the dog outside all day long and let's it get dirty. It got attacked the other day, and I've saved it from getting run over a few times.

This is a very good story, interesting. Update us if anything else happens!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
What a sad and beautiful story! I am so glad in this messed up world there are still people like you who would befriend and love a dejected animal. You know, it is often said that to truly judge a persons character, judge the way they treat animals, especially pets.

This cat truly loved you as you did it in life. Her returning for that brief moment was a way of letting you know she is not suffering any longer and has found peace and happiness. She did not want you to worry or fret over her any longer, she wanted to thank you and to say good bye.

Thank you for sharing your story!
God Bless!
jennrocks (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
That kitty was very lucky to have you to love her. And you are blessed that she came to tell you goodbye. After I had to put one of my cats down because of a sudden and devastating illness I felt so guilty even though it was the humane thing to do. I was lucky enough to have a goodbye visit. She came and curled up on my legs for the entire night and slept with me like she had for many years. And it eased my guilt because I knew she understood. It does help with the sadness and I'm sure many people have experienced something similar.
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
oh yes, I am sure it did; you showed the poor little creature some love and affection; and it wanted you to know it was now ok, I too will restrain from saying what I feel about 'animal abusers'. My beloved little poodle came to say good bye when I had to put him to sleep from heart failure, so I am sure your 'visit' was real 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
Hello FashionZombies. Thank you for sharing your story with us. (If I commented my true feelings about the pet owners, I wouldn't only get scolded but would more than likely get banned from this site.)
Even though I believe the cat came to you one last time, what really matters is do you believe it. If you believe you were visited-you were. Take care and god bless you, you seem like an exceptional person.

FRAWIN ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
Hi FZ. This was a sad but sweet story. I feel that people that do horrible crimes to the innocent that are unable to fight back are disgusting human beings! I never could understand the abuse of anyone or thing especially children and animals who are innocent and depend on the caregivers for just about everything. Thank God for you that the cat and kittens had you. I do believe that this cat came back to you in spirit to give you back the love and understanding you gave her. Thanks you for sharing your experience with us.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
A sad yet beautiful story, thanks for sharing.

If you won't comment on the cat's owners, rhodes, then I will. What a poor excuse for pet owners they were.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
That is one very sad story FZ! I get completely out of control with people who treat animals that way but since this isn't a site for such discussions, I will just say I'm happy that the poor cat had you even for a short while and that your love was so obvious to it that it entrusted you with its babies. I would think what you sensed was quite likely its spirit feeling the need to show you gratitude and reassure you that you no longer need to feel sorrow.
And since I'm seriously trying to restrain myself from commenting on the poor excuse of pet owners these people were and get scolded by Martin(he'll be right to do so)I'll say one more. God bless you for the love you so unconditionally gave!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: