You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Rock House Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Rock House Haunting

 

This is my first story on the site. It happened (I believe) when I was three years old. My mother told me this one, so I am not very exact about the details of the experience. Back when I was three, (1996) we lived in a two-story house. My brother and I slept downstairs, and I don't know where my mom and dad slept. Well, my mother would check on my brother and I every night.

One night she came in our room and was standing near my bed; she felt someone tap her shoulder and she thought it was my dad, who may have awoken. Though, when she turned around to face him, there was nobody to be seen. This was first to happen.

The next experience was mine and my brother's. I enjoyed going up stairs in that rock house. I guess it was because of the feeling of being in the air. I was up there one day, and I went into the closet and felt someone push me from behind. I turned around and saw no one there. Being a three-year old, I ran downstairs. Similar occurrences happened, though these I either don't remember or were never told. (I have HORRIBLE memory).

My mom was suspecting there was something supernatural going on in the house, so she called my cousin John to come check out the house. He went into our room, and nothing strange happened. He checked upstairs, and again, nothing out of the ordinary. Until we began walking back downstairs. My brother, Kris, who was seven at the time, fell (very forcefully) down the stairs. There were at least 20 stairs or so. My cousin, John, ran to Kris, picked him up, and ran outside. (along with everyone else).

John did not like that house. My mother finally hired a priest to come and bless the house in the name of Jesus Christ. My dad was at work the whole time. That year we moved out of the house. (Not because of the ghost).

That is all I can write for now. I'll keep y'all updated!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Domboshi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Hopefully your brother turned out OK. That's a dangerous situation if I've ever heard of one. Bless you and your family!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
Hi Domboshi. It sounds like a frightening experience! Especially being only three years old. It DOES sound like the "paranormal happenings" were just getting started. It also sounds to me like there were two different entities in that home. One nice and one, well, not so nice! Good thing you got out of there! Can't wait for your next installment(story)! 😊

SHELBY ❤
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
My dad was pushed up the stairs once, that was pretty scary. I am glad you got to leave too. We had people go in that house to fix it, but they didn't help much.
Domboshi (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-28)
Hey guys! Thx 4 the comments! I have a friend named John as well, and I'm going to try to get him to make an account on here. He has TONS of ghost stories. Thx again! 😜
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-28)
I would not say that you had a horrible memory, especially if this did happen when you were only three years old. I would say it to be remarkable.
I am also glad that you were able to move out of that house. I am equally glad that your Mother had the trust of the Priest so that he was able to come in and bless the house.
Thank you for this story.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-28)
It was a good thing you left, as Frawin said, Domboshi. From your description, whatever was there, didn't enjoy sharing "its space". I'll be looking forward to your next stories. Nice to have you with us 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
Hi Domboshi. Thank you for sharing your story with us, I enjoyed it. It was short, sweet and told with honesty. From the sound of it was just getting started. For whatever reason you moved-be glad you did.I'll be looking forward to the updates. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: