You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Feeling of Sadness at Uncle Bill & Aunt Vera's House

Real Ghost Stories

Feeling of Sadness at Uncle Bill & Aunt Vera's House

 

This story come from Cheifland, Fl where my family visited often. When I was younger we would have family gatherings at my Uncle Bills yearly so we could all play catch up with the rest of the family. It all started in about christmas time when Mema and Aunt Mildred came down from Massachusetts to spend the rest of winter here.

We went to Uncle Bills almost every weekend, mainly to go fishing with different family members, we all stayed at Uncle Bills house. At night I have a hard time sleeping as it is but at someone else house it's almost impossible for me to fall asleep at all.

One year when we went there I had gotten up in the middle of the night to do my business, I seen a dark shadow go into the living room and just disappear, I never thought too much of it because I was really sleepy. Later that day I was outside playing with my cousins, and the adults were across the street making a huge bonfire for later, when my cousin Tisa came running out of the house screaming and inconsolably crying, she said that she was touched on her shoulder, and when she turned around no one was there and she just freaked out and ran, and everyone chalked it up to little kid, big imagination.

Well as years started to pass we started to see more stuff happen, like you would hear footsteps at night, or the broom that was hanging up in the closet would fall, and once I understood more about what was going on I finally asked Uncle Bill what was going on and he told me that back in the 1800s a family had passed from dt and never left and that was probably the things we all see and hear, but to this day I still don't see why they would appear in a shadow form, because from my understanding, shadow people are evil but I never got a bad feeling from them just an overwhelming feeling of sadness.

Other hauntings by haleybug

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, haleybug, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vickifigueroa (5 stories) (34 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-01)
I never heard that shadows were bad at all, a lot of people just think they are because they are dark.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Smart woman, your Mema 😉. Also, never step OVER the broom if it is blocking a doorway. The company that will come, is not one that you will want to receive.
Thanks Haleybug!
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Haha WB I've herd that before but was never too sure about it, my Mema said the same about the broom.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-02)
Your Uncle Bill sounds like MY Uncle Bill, he loved to take us out on the boat while HE went fishing.
I would think that perhaps they either were ghosts with not enough energy to fully manifest, as a few others have suggested, OR that they did not want to scare anyone, and did not realize that THIS would be just as scary, or worse, than showing who they were.
From what I have read here on this site, from those who have experienced Shadow people (If my understanding is correct) not all of them ARE evil. They are just a bit misunderstood.

Just a bit of trivia here from my belief system: to have a broom fall means that company is coming.
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
sorry guys by dt I ment diptheria. And I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner, my puter crashed this week 😠.and thank you very much for clarifiying shadow people I'll read into it some more when everything is fixed...
❤ haleybug
btw Shelby I don't mind pet names at all 😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
First of all, I do not think that all shadow people are evil. It requires a tremendous amount of energy for entities to manifest, whos to say what color, shape or form they will be in? I know ther eare several theories that state that shadow people are all dark, but... I guess I am not convinced.

There is one part of your story that has me confused, you state "in 1800 a family passed from dt and never left..." what is dt?

I look forward to hearing more about you fascinating encounter!
God Bless!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
Hello my Haleyboo! 😊I call MY Hayley, Hayley-bailey-boo! Hope you don't mind me giving you a 'PET' name. 😐 Anyway, to get to the story, I know from experience that 'Shadow People' get a bad rap. I have dealt with them since I was 19 years old. They are NOT bad! Atleast most of them are not. They are black or shadow like because they do not have enough energy to manifest themselves that's all. I did however have a very freaky run-in with that big, black, sheet looking thing when I was asleep and it tried to pick me up. It was like a big, black mass! I don't know what it wanted or what it planned on doing with me once it picked me up but I dang sure DID NOT want to find out! It was not in a human form like the 'other' shadow people. Thanks for sharing your experience.

SHELBY

Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-28)
Hello, I understand the 'feeling' of sadness as I have a friend who I really disliked visiting because her home made me feeel 'sad' Her husband had died their, when she went on vacation and I took care of her pets, I always felt a 'presence' so, what I am saying is, it might be a 'residual' haunting of a sad memory,'embedded' in the house. 😢
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-28)
Hello from me too Haleybug. Thanks for an interesting story. I was touched by what you sensed, "the feeling of sadness" since it provides a clue as to why the previous owners have remained there even after their passing. Who can say if this sadness derives only from the fact that they perished before their time, or whether it was the attouchment they felt to that house that has, somehow "blocked their crossing"? Maybe both. Very sad, indeed!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
Hello haleybug. It would be my guess that they weren't "shadow people" but spirits/ghost that didn't have the energy or capability to manifest fully. Thank you for a very interesting story. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: