You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Woman in my Dream

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman in my Dream

 

My name is Mitch and I live in Montreal (Canada). I have had some experiences throughout my lifetime but the one I recall the most is... This one night I had a dream that I was on the computer, and for some strange reason I was sneaking on it and I didn't want anyone to catch me on it. So I was typing very quietly making sure nobody would hear me... All a sudden this women barged the computer room door open and scared me. Scared me so much I woke up from this "nightmare".

As I woke up I realized I couldn't move. My body was paralyses and it felt as if something was pressing down on me, I couldn't speak as well. The women in my dream was above me bed, smiling at me. It was extremely strange because she had terrified me in my dream, yet was so nice to me. She smiled at me for a few seconds and I got the feeling she was telling me not to be afraid... As she smiled for a few seconds she disappeared and I wasn't scared at all, which is weird because I'm a very scared person when it comes to things like that.

This happened to me in 2007 I believe but I remember it as if it was yesterday...

I'd really appreciate it if anyone can let me know if there was a message through the dream or what being paralyses like that means because it has happened to me several times, although I have only seen someone in my bedroom twice (2 different people, including the women I described).

Thanks for taking the time to read my story.

Mitch

Other hauntings by meetch1515

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, meetch1515, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
I would say that your Mother has a calming effect on you, right? So that would fit in perfectly. Your answering comment said it all. She was playing the role so as to calm your fears in the episode.
meetch1515 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
thanks a lot for both your responses, what you told me makes a lot of sense and I am sure that is the case!

something I forgot to mention was that in my dream she for some reason was playing the role of my mother, altho when she showed up in my dream it was not my mom but I knew that she was playing the role of my mother. And I think that in a way it kind of shows that like a mother she is looking out for me... Watching over me and making sure I don't do anything I wasn't suposed to do, which in my dream was the case that I wasn't suposed to be on the computer? Because when I woke up she smiled at me and rly made me relax and I wasn't terrified at her anymore?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
I am definitely with white buffalo on this one.
You were in your dream and experienced the occurance of seeing the women, when you awaoke with a start, experincing classic (and frightening) sleep paralysis, she was able to calm you, thus your stating she had starteled you awake but was giving you the feeling not to be afraid after your dream. She may be near you without realizing it at other times but chose to make herself known at this time to aleviae some of the fear your experience had brought about.

Thank you for sharing your story!
God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
I would say that this story is in the telling of separate occurrences. The first one I think is sleep paralysis.
In the second part you told of seeing two separate people. Which has caught my curiosity.
You say that one of them is the same woman who came to you at the end of the sleep paralysis episode? The only answer I would think of for that is that she was your calming guide. That is, an entity that was there to help calm your fears of the SP. Just my thoughts.
Thank you.
meetch1515 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-02)
Thanks a lot for your reply, I will try sleeping sideways from now on! Thanks for taking the time to write me!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
Hi meetch1515. I would agree with EricaAshley, this does sound like a classic case of sleep paralysis. I used to suffer with it from my early teens to my mid thirties and other than it scaring me half to death at times, there was no harm done. My solution was to start sleeping on my side, although this doesn't work for everyone, it did for me. You may have to try many things before you find what will help you. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
meetch1515 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
thanks lot for your reply! I really appreciate it. I'll deff look up sleep paralysis.
EricaAshley (1 stories) (14 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
Look up sleep paralysis, google it. It will have all your answers. That's what you are experiencing. Symptoms of sleep paralysis are:
Paralysis
Confusion of reality and dreaming
Pressure on the chest or feeling of being choked on the neck, or being straddled
extreme fear
feelings of dread
hullicinations, or in my perspective you are seeing real ghosts/demons/entities from another realm.
hearing noices, ie babies crying, radios, etc.
Seeing things, colors swirling around. Etc.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: