You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Basement of Hell

Real Ghost Stories

Basement of Hell

 

I don't want to sound crazy but here we go. I am a normal kid. Nothing odd has happened to me until 3 summers ago. My house is newly built, no one died in it, nothing odd has happened in it until one night when me and my friends were having a party. My one friend said she saw something in our basement hallway, and being an idiot I went to check. I didn't see anything but it felt cold, I brushed it off (we were in a basement after all).

Soon after that, I saw shadows zooming around my basement and this started to scare me. I then went to sleep forgetting the incident.

A few months passed and nothing odd happened until one day when I had to go into the basement again but this time it was different, there was a more sinister atmosphere. Then I heard a mumble, static like something talking to me. I ran out so freaked.

Then it came up to my room and began to mess with my t.v. and my alarm clock. Turning it on and off, and then trying to talk to me again.

My one good friend says she heard someone arguing when she was watching my cat while all of my family was on vacation.

My other friend says she cannot go into my basement, that something down there scares her.

I have read about poltergeists, and how teenagers may cause them but I don't know what the things are in my house.

This has been going on for months now and it has scared many of my friends. I want to know what this is. Can anybody help me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Denise, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Musey85 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-05)
I kind of agree with Jacob2009 on this one. However, imho, you do not need to bring God into this one. You need to take control of YOUR home, YOUR surroundings. You need to tell whatever it is that this is YOUR home now, and that any lingering spirits are definitely not welcome. Not only will this give you a sense of empowerment and make you feel more in control, but I firmly believe that spirits in whatever is beyond this life lose a lot of interest when they learn that the people they 'haunt' are just not interested in communicating with them.
If you are a spiritual or religious person, by all means call upon that when you are saying these things. It will make the message and your voice all the more powerful.
jacob2009 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
I know how you feel, it really stinks. One night I was in the shower, saying a prayer to god. I felt a heart-warming presence. It is something I can't even discribe. I was so happy that I started to sing gospel songs. But then, I fet nothing but dread and discomfort. I felt really weak and vonerable, and like something would happen. But I said to myself < I belong to god, nothing can hurt me.> you should do the same. Tell what ever evil thing it is to get out and that this house belongs to god. We all belong to god.
Silverwing (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Want to get ride of what ever is there?
I have few suggestions that may hep.

If its origins are really demonic, it should be easy. Go to basement and let it know You want it to leave and acknowledge to it, You will fight back if it don't leave.

If it don't leave and get violent/scary, just say: Baku, come eat My daemon. If its realy daemon, it should get more than it wanted also It would never come back as Baku will eat it.

If You are not sure is it daemon or something else, thers another gd way to send it back from where it come.

You will need: 2 GD loudspeakers, amplifier and pan flute music. Its believed centuries that pan flute music can't be tolerated by creatures of evil. Its sound of nature, sound of life and has defenetly positive energies.
That song should be gd for starter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84pOrGJhrlY

I would recommend second option as its less dangerous and what ever there is, if its evil, it will flee back where it came from.

Best wishes to You,
Silverwing
SEPPS (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
S.E.P.P.S was founded by Kevin Fitz-Maurice and Casey Morganelli. We started this organization to help people as well as investigate for our on interest in the paranormal field. The S.E.P.P.S philosphy is to disprove hauntings rather than prove them. We like to find logical reasons for claims, and any evidence we are left with afterwards we anaylize from a paranormal perspective. S.E.P.P.S is a non-profit organization, our only goal is to help people who need peace of mind in their own homes or businesses. Contact us if you would like us to investigate your business or residence! There is no charge for an investigation! Www.sepps.net
Harperllen82 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
Ciel- "Witches" bodies in the woods huh? The people who they believed were witches? Or actual witches? Both? That's an interesting fact. I would like to hear more about your expeiriences in this house. I would imagine the spirit or spirits would be angry and terribly unsatisfied. Just wondering.
Allison
Ciel (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
Where do you live? You see I have ghosts in my brand new house. I live in massachusets and was horrified to realize that my new neighborhood was built into the woods, and in old massachussets they threw the witchs into the woods.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
I would agree that from the minimal amount of activity (don't get me wrong, any amount is frightening) it would not suggest poltergeist activity. POltergeists, as mentioned generaly cause far more havoc and craziness than mentioned in your story. Now, if there is more activity than you mentioned, that's another issue.

I would be curious as to the history of the land your home sits on and when you say 'it followed me'... How do you know it followed you? Did you see soemthing or hear something? Was this just a feeling?

Be careful at the power of persuasion. Discussing these types of occurances and then convincing yourself that things are happening is a very easy thing to do.

Try a little more investigation and concentration, check into the histpry of the land your house is on, that is how I would suggest putting an answer to this riddle.

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Hello, Denise,
Just by what you have written, I also would not say this was a poltergeist. I think you would have had a lot more activity if it were. And I really hate to be a bummer and all, but basements are scary places. Not all of the shadows that seem to move in them are associated with the paranormal. It is just something about basements (like most people feel about cemeteries in the middle of the night).
What really has my curiosity piqued, though is the sentence about the arguing that your friend heard while watching your cat. Was she involved in any conversation that may have included speaking about feelings of the house being haunted, BEFORE she watched your cat? And more importantly, where was your cat while this argument was going on? How was the CAT acting?
The power of suggestion and dark, damp places can be very misleading. I am not saying that there definitely is not anything in your home, just that there are other explanations, also. We have to work through them first, before we can find the true answers.
Thank you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
Hi Denise. I feel that it is NOT a Poltergeist, only because Poltergeists cause A LOT of chaos! Such as throwing things, physical abuse, etc. Not messing with your clock and such. Basements are very creepy to begin with. Who knows for sure WHAT'S down there!? I DO want to know the history of the property as well as the home itself.

Talk to you later I hope!
SHELBY ❤ 😊 😐
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
Hi Denise. Although I'm not an expert and there're others here who can really help you, I'll attempt to offer my own interpretation no matter how insufficient that might be. You say that 2 of your friends heard someone arguing and, another time saw shadows in the hallway. That should be enough to prove that you're not crazy. Then, you as well as your friends seem to be at an age which makes you quite perceptive and open to paranormal experiences. Just a question, has anyone in your family, like your parents for instance, observed something too? I know you may hesitate to speak to them but I think you should. One more thing, my opinion is that until one of the experienced members offers their advice, don't try to communicate with it or challenge it in any way.

I hope that things will soon quiet down at home. Take care 😊
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
Denise = What ever it is, take good precaution. It could be a beginning of an experience phenomena for you. Write your experiences as often you can. Commentators will always try to help. You do have something there. They already made its presents known. Have your family be aware if its existence. Find info. About the house and why they are there, what is the cause that attracts them to the house grounds or is it just to fool around with fear? You family must decide what to do if entities get out of hand.
Take great care,
Rose

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: