You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Haunted Clewiston Inn

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Clewiston Inn

 

I live near Clewiston, a small town near Lake Okeechobee. There is an Inn there, and it's old. Supposedly, somebody died there and it's been haunted ever since. I'll try to re-tell what the lady at the front counter said to the best as I remember, because its been awhile.

There was a lady who had been in a room upstairs. Back then, they had switchboards. When it showed her room number flash, they went upstairs and found her dead, with the phone in her hand. They removed her body and re-did the room. When people weren't in the room, and the phone was disconnected, her room number would still flash on the switchboard.

There is also another room that faces the tennis courts. People say they can look up and see a woman sitting in the window. There was a fire there a long time ago.

Like I said, this is the best I can remember. There are probably a few mistakes though. I was probably 9 when I learned this.

So my sister and I wanted to see if it was actually haunted. We went upstairs and went to the room number she told us to go to. She even showed us a picture of the ghost, but my friend thinks it's fake. So we walked and I felt sort of weird. It was so quiet and creepy. Maybe I was just paranoid, but it sure didn't feel right.

When we finally found the room, it just happened to be the last room at the very end of the hallway. I don't remember why, but we got spooked and ran down stairs as fast as we could.

Other hauntings by pinkpantherclue

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pinkpantherclue, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-11)
Hi Pink. I would also be another one to have to agree with rhodes on your story. There is not much as else I could add. Thanks for sharing your experience.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-11)
Thanks for the answering comment, Pink.
I often wonder about the "haunted rooms" that are duly noted by persons such as front desk personnel. I know when I visited the Hotel Del Coronado in California, the pool room was open (it IS in a central location, and to close it off to the public would be such a waste of space) but that is only ONE location.
I have also seen some of the "older" haunted houses (Lizzie Borden's in Fall River, Massachusetts) where the rooms with activity (or the LACK of activity) seem to be roped off to keep sightseers out.
Thank you.
pinkpantherclue (5 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
You are allowed to stroll through the building if you wish. I think the door was closed, I don't recall. This was about 3, 4, maybe even 5 years ago.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Feelings settle upon us for a reason... When there is 'something in the air' or 'feels a bit off' it is our senses way of cluing us in.

I love your descriptors in this stORY!

Keep 'em coming!
God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Hi again, pinkpantherclue,
I think, not only did Rhodes hit the nail on the head, but she drove it home. The lady at the desk had set you up for a feeling of unease. She detailed the stories for you letting your imaginations fill in all of the horrible details.
I am curious, though. We you allowed to walk through this room, even though you were not registered to it? Or were you just standing outside of the doorway, in the hall?
Thank you.
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-02)
pinkpantherclue -
I agree with rhodes68 and FRAWIN. Sometimes our expectations of possible paranormal events can set the stage. Or, sometimes that bad feeling is a warning.

Thanks for the story!
ParaTam
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
Hello Pinkpantherclue. I think that Rhodes has hit the nail on the head. I couldn't do a better job, so I won't even try. I did enjoy your story and thank you for sharing it with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
Hi Pinkpantherclue. I enjoyed your story and I appreciate the effort to relate the events to the best of your ability. I'm one of the people on this site who believe that if you FEEL that something isn't right, then it's probably not right. When we apply too much logic onto something that isn't tangible, and therefore not widely understood, that something loses its essence-it loses its power. I'm not sure if there WAS something in that room as you are not very clear about it, though. It could have been a spirit, it could have been just your fear and expectation to find something that made the room frightening. I think, you only know. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: