You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Homestead Family Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

Homestead Family Hauntings

 

The good thing about the hauntings at the farm house was that they were all passed on family members doing it. There was never a menacing or foreboding feeling when you stepped in the door and you never felt unsafe when you were alone. It's like they were watching over me and my siblings. Which leads me to my first story.

I was never a healthy child. Right from the get-go I always had respiratory problems. And being such a new baby, my crib was in my parents bedroom. One night I had stopped breathing. My parents were both in a deep sleep and probably would have slept through it, had my Nana not yelled an them to get up. (Nana had passed on some years before) She yelled, "CHECK THE BABY!", and my Dad is positive to this day that it was his late mother that saved my life that night. That was just one time where we experienced the paranormal.

Another time when I was three I saw an apparition of my great grandmother Sophia. I asked my daddy "what's that old woman doing in the corner?" I saw her over a wash tub scrubbing something, which I thought strange because she was in the living room. When I was older I found out that that part of the house I saw her in was where they did, in fact, do their laundry. I was not the only one to see her though. My big brother also saw her a short time after I did. He walked into hid bedroom and there she was sitting on his bed. Upon investigation, when we were both older we found out that that just happened to be her bedroom as well, and the room she passed away in.

We had a huge waterfront farm property. As kids we were only allowed to play in a certain part of the yard and never by the lake. One day I was playing outside and my dad was looking out the back of the house, where I wasn't allowed to play. He saw a little blonde girl who looked a lot like me, but was wearing an older style white dress. I was playing on the other side of the yard...

Well that's it for now... More stories at later date.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Iron_Maiden_88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Iron_Maiden_88 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
Thank for all your positive feedback :)I enjoyed writing it, and will do the rest of my experiences at a later date
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Iron Maiden,
Thank you for your story. I also found it to be a very enjoyable read!

It sounds as if your home and your house were and are very rich in family history.

I am very anxious when I read stories such as yours that are happ and up-beat.
I look forward to hearing more encounters and experiences.

Thanks!
God Bless!
Kim
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Wow, thank you for the evidence that we do not have to go running and screaming through a haunted house for it to be inhabited by ghosts. The Unknown IS frightening at times, but if we do try to control ourselves, the experience CAN be quite peaceful.
Thank you.
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-02)
Welcome, Iron Maiden!
Thank you for telling your story. I would love to hear if you have had any other paranormal encounters in your life. It sounds like you are a sensitive to an extent, but aren't aware of it.

It is good to see stories where we see reinforcement that not all spirits are negative. As you experienced, there are definitely positive entities out there who are watching out for the living, having the benefit of knowledge of both worlds. My husband Carl had never heard of a spirit being helpful or watching out for the living until just very recent. It had an impact on his outlook on the spirit world.

Take care,
ParaTam
GNGTNT105 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-02)
Even ghosts can save the living! I like this story! I like the story because It didn't make me feel scared. Some of the other stories do though. 😊 😁 ❤
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
Dear Iron Maiden,
I really liked your story, the way you told your story, I could almost picture it in my mind. It's good to know that there's always a good side to everything.

P.S:I'm a fan of Iron Maiden. 😉
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
Thank you Iron Maiden for a truly enjoyable read, I found it very refreshing. It is nice to be reminded that not all paranormal events are sinister and evil. I feel that if we learn to control our fear{extremely hard to do sometimes}that there would be more positive experiences. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
Hi Iron Maiden. Nice to have you here and thanks for an interesting story. It seems that you lived in a very active house, with very active ancestors. I would love to hear more about your experiences in the future.

By the way, it's nice to know that not all spirits are evil or threatening and that there are some who wish to protect their families and keep them safe 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: