You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shocked To Bits

Real Ghost Stories

Shocked To Bits

 

First of all, before I start my story, I want to give a little introduction about me. Most of you may know that I have experienced a lot the past 2 years, my past experiences are all those that I have posted earlier on here. My name's Shenara to start with, and I turned 14 on the 30th of December '07. I migrated to New Zealand on the 6th of feb, for 2 reasons, #1, because my father lives here, and second, because of the situation in Sri Lanka, war is breaking out. Now onto the story (this happened while I was in Sri Lanka).

It was just me, my uncle and cousins. We were on our way home after a party. I was to sleep over at their house that night. So we got down. And he got a call. He cut the line and said "Okay you all, I just got a call from the police department and they need to see me, and I'm sure you guys are too tired to come with me, there's somebody gone missing, so I'll see you tomorrow or so". We smiled half asleep and said "we want to come!". He laughed and said "hop in then" we laughed, and jumped in. My uncle has this habit of having the radio on really loud. And maybe it was to keep him awake. It was around 3 in the morning I assume. After 10 minutes, we all fell asleep.

As he was driving, he could see a lady in a white night gown, walking along the road, and he realized that was odd, so he drove close to her, and opened the door, offering her a lift. (this part where he was driving had no houses, just fields). She smiled and got in, she looked like she was in her late 20's. Really fair, and brown eyes. As she got into the car, the radio went blank, it made a weird shhh noise, like when you're trying to tune the radio. He groaned and switched off the radio. So he asked "where about do you live?" He had his eyes glued to the road. After a few minutes, no answer, so he looked at the front seat, and nobody was there. He shook his head and turned his head back towards the road and hit the breaks. We all woke up wondering what happened, and what the five of us saw, made me and the 3 of my cousins scream. There was a lady floating in thin air, in a sleeping position (like lying down on a bed). Her face had a blank expression, but her eyes spoke a thousand words. Her eyes were looking right at me, she tilted her head up, as if she wanted to take a good look at me she smiled in a way I felt very uncomfortable in. Instantly we all closed our eyes and held hands and started to pray as hard as we could. Finally after about 15 minutes of praying, we all opened our eyes, and there was nothing.

We all looked at each other in relief. And finally we got to the cop shed, all of us wide awake and alert. The cops looked the same. We all sat around a glass table talking about the missing person. It was a girl, 28, Sujatha Ananda (a typical native name). She had gone missing last night. We looked at each other, a bit uncomfortable. Mr Wright, one of the cops, we call him Chingy. We know most of the cops really well. Chingy said "what?" My uncle sighed. He's known best for finding missing persons and ghost hunts as I like to call it. "I saw a girl walking down Evergreen park..." (he explained what happened). And they just looked at us in a concerned look. I had goose bumps all over me. We all got up, and decided we need to find the body. And since she was in a night gown, we decided to trace where she might have walked from her house, to Evergreen Park.

We got into the cop cars, I adore getting in one of them. And we set off to her house, then from there, the 3 cop cars decided which roads to take, we got back in the cars and began to search for her. The 3 of us in the back held torches on each side of the road, looking for signs of life. Finally we came to a building, in the middle on plain grass and tees, which was built by some university students for a project 30 years ago, now abandoned. We heard one of the windows banging, it was a 5 story building, and the on the fifth floor, a window was open and banging, we walked around the building, our hearts beating fast, and on the other side, we found the body, we covered our noses, and I just stared at the pool of blood. She had committed suicide. She died smiling, which was scary, Chingy put on a glove, and closed her eyes with his 2 fingers. We looked at my uncle a bit upset, we all held hands and prayed over her. Chingy took out his cell phone and took a call. He put his phone in his pocket and said "the p.d will send someone to get the body..." After about half an hour, they finally arrived, and took the body away. That was quite an experience, I hope you all liked my story. Feel free to comment. Thanks for reading! Take care and good luck always.

-Shenny.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shenny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pinka (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-13)
Hi shenny

I am from Sri Lanka. This is the first time I heard that Police are allowed to take their family on an investigation? So you are telling us that your uncle was okay to take young teenagers on an missing person case not knowing what is about to happen? That girl could have been kidnapped by criminals and could have been a gun fight and your uncle risked you and your cousins lives? Also I searched for a Sujatha Ananda missing person / suicide case, couldn't find anything about it. I like the way you write, very catchy and you are talented, thumbs up for that:) your story doesn't sound real.I'm sorry if I offended you! Cheers!
DrKreep (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Shenny
You are a good story creator & a writer but none of this facts are real.I've being researching on paranormal activities for like 10 years now. Never found ghost hunters in sri lanka.I've seen how people perform rituals & exorcisms in sri lanka. So girl lie to the infants in here but at the end of the day you are a story creator. I like your style girl. If you like to prove me wrong inbox my mail:) peace!
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
Oh, and the real thing... I've had some crazy real-as-hell things happen to me over the years. But then years later I sometimes find myself questioning or doubting or wondering simply because it was so long ago, the shock has worn off, and I'm more detached from the initial shock of the experience now. I know the things that happened to me are real, but I sometimes have been through periods where I doubt myself as well. I just think it's a healthy thing.
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
Well, as far as the white argument, a lot of spirits appear as all white. Maybe it takes so much energy to appear as a spirit that they often appear in a way that is just pure energy instead of using a ton more energy to appear as a solid person. So maybe white is the color they appear when they're a weaker manifestation consisting mostly of light or some kind of misty wispy smokey quality. Who knows? I once saw a spirit appear who was all white in a very old haunted building.

Oh, and Shenny, fascinating story! It gave me goosebumps! Thank you for sharing.
PanasonicYouth (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-12)
I wasn't debunking your account Shenny!

Far from it!

If you look at the comments you'll see that I was trying to answer Kiptere's question!

I'm really sorry if I gave you that impression!
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
Well written story, but for me it's kind of confusing. Seems to me if this happen to me, I would remember more detail in in. But thanks for sharing with us just the same.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
Hi Shenny. I liked reading your story. It sounded VERY scary but amazing! But I must say I have to agree with Ohiowatha on this particular story. Sorry! 😐

SHELBY ❤
wendymneil123 (7 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-06)
Hi

First off, the story is abit of a mess! It took me ages to understand... It really doesn't seem real to me! And really does sound like an urbarn legend.

Thanks for the story anyway.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-05)
Shenny, I wasn't going to comment until I read your second comment. If you are questioning whether it was real or not, I believe it was not real then. If you are merely "pretty sure it was real," then I'm pretty sure you might be confused. If you saw this: a lady enter your car, then disappear, then reappear floating, and then look right at you, forcing you to pray for 15 minutes straight, then you would be absolutely positive this is real. And then you actually found the body of this apparition. And after ALL this, you're still questioning if what you saw was real? These are just incongruent sentiments.

No offense, but I don't put much merit in this one beyond entertainment. Thanks for sharing another intersting story from Ceylon.
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-05)
Dear Panasonicyouth,
Why white? I say why not? I'm just here to share my experience, not wonder why they all wear white, but thaks for taking the time to read my experience.

Take care and God bless.

-Shenny. ❤
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-05)
Dear Whitebuffalo, rhodes 68, KimSouth and everyone else, yes, I questioned myself time and again wondering if this was for real, but I'm pretty sure what I saw with my own eyes was real to me. Kim, yes he has experienced paranirmal things since he was young. I have not heard of any legends as such. I would just like to say thanks to everyone, for reading my story. Take care and God bless.

-Shenny. ❤
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-05)
First of all, WOW... I just signed in after school and I saw many comments. I'm really sorry for taking so long to reply, so I'll reply all these seprately...
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
Hi Shenny,
Thanks for a great story. You are a great writer and I was surprised to see that you are 14 years old. You are obviously wise beyond your years. I very much enjoyed your story. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer ❤
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
Creepy! I must say it is very much like some have said here, an urban legend, but I think roadways are full of haunts. I have experienced a few roadway haunts myself. I enjoyed the story reguardless! 😊
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
I also was skeptical so I emailed Shenny and she confirmed it's a real experience of hers, not fiction. I have a little problem with this one but Shenny has established her credibility on this site before, so I published it anyway. You're free to have doubts yourselves 😉
nigheanruadh (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
I have to agree with KimSouth. It is almost identical to an urban legend we have back home at one of our universities, and a similar, but more gory version of the "hitchiker ghost" was also an episode of "Supernatural".

As one of my professors says about urban or migratory legends, there is probably a grain of truth to them, which might come from experiences like yours that seem more credible since you are fairly well known on this site.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
Shenny,
If this were coming from another poster, I may say it is an urban legend. Another reason I have chosen not to jump to that route is what you indicated abut your uncle, ghost hunting and finding missing persons. Is he a sensitive or psychic? Had there been experiences such as this involving your uncle before this night?

God Bless!
PanasonicYouth (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
"How come when anyone ever sees a female ghost it is wearing white? Is that the official uniform of dead chics or something?"

Probably because a lot of the stories you hear aren't true. Stories are taken, passed on, handed down and embellished through the years, and it's not unusual for a person to hear a story and take the idea of a character for use in their own tale.

The idea of modern female spectres wearing white probably stems from legends such as Ressurection Mary.
Kiptere (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
How come when anyone ever sees a female ghost it is wearing white? Is that the official uniform of dead chics or something?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
Hello Shenny,
Another wonderfully written story. I am thinking I would have had a bit harder a time to sleep that night. Good thing you had the support of all the others who were witness with you.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
Hi Shenny and thanks for another interesting story. I'm somewhat shocked to see how casually you narrate what to me would certainly be a life changing experience! I can only begin to imagine how astonishingly rich and adventurous the life of a sensitive must be.

The best of luck to you 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
Hi Shenny. I'll have to say that you had quite an adventure. That would shock anybody to bits. Thanks for a well written and interesting story. Take Care 😊.

FRAWIN ❤ 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: