You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Spirit World Makes Contact

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit World Makes Contact

 

When I was sixteen my parents were friends with a married couple about their own age, late forties. They were childless, so when the husband passed away suddenly from a heart attack, my mom invited the wife to stay at our house. Her name was Elaine. I grew up the youngest in a large dysfunctional family. My brothers and sisters were all grown and moved out so we had plenty of room. She had no family to speak of either and I'd keep her company now and then.

In the evening we'd play cards or have conversations. She knew I was sneaking cigarettes and would throw me some on the sly from time to time. That was before we knew they were so dangerous. Anyway, to make the point, we were close. In a proper way, of course. Sorry for droning but I feel the details play an important part in this, I think? She eventually moved out on her own again and I heard she passed away a few years later.

Fast-forward five years and I'm standing at my bathroom sink shaving. I'm twenty-one years old now and getting ready to go out and meet my girlfriend. Suddenly and almost involuntarily, I place my razor down on the sink. Face still covered with shaving cream I walk towards the bedroom where she, this woman Elaine had slept when she lived with us. Still not having an inkling or a remote thought of her I walked into the bedroom and am compelled say to myself "I miss Elaine". I've come to believe the thought was placed in my mind by telepathy. I was able to recognize it as such because I'd never experienced anything like that prior or since not to mention the last thing on my mind at the time was some woman who stayed with us five years ago and since passed away. Concurrently, as I had that thought at the ceiling on the left side of the room a blue mist with silver sparkles began to form.

I've never seen anything so beautiful. Frozen, I stood in denial as it began to expand. This was happening so fast I could hardly react. This thick smokey swirl was making intentional movements, stretching along the ceiling as it came towards me. The color was a dull pastel sky blue. The silver sparkles were bright and flashed with energy as it began to descend upon me. I didn't try to stop it, I really didn't get the chance. The smoke swirled around my head even blocking my vision. As I breathed it entered my body through my nose and mouth going deep into me. This was more like a penetration. I don't know how else to explain it. It was so warm and a feeling of love came over me. It was so pure and powerful It was exhilarating. Something not possible in the physical body. We have to feel love through a body, this was much purer. As suddenly as it began, it just ended after the love feelings. I would guess from the start of the mist forming to it dissipating was around 60 to 90 seconds.

I would like to state for the record, I was not on drugs, alcohol or anything that would impair my judgment. I'm a sixty one year old male, never been arrested or institutionalized or have I been treated for a mental disorder. And never had an experience with a mist or ghost before or since. Although I am a believer in the spirit realm since then. In the years since this event I have talked to a few psychics and mediums. They or any of the books I've researched have had an adequate explanation except she wanted to say she loved me. Duh, no kidding. I could've figured that out. Why that color. What do the sparkles mean? Why did the mist go in me. I'm not even sure it was her except that her name was placed in my head right before it happened. If anyone who reads this can share their knowledge or shed some light I would greatly appreciate your input. Sorry for the long post.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ljsco, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ljsco (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-11)
Thank you Shadow witch for responding with your story. I check back on the site every so often to see who might have offered some input. It's funny how you just answered a few days ago. I mentioned in my story how the mist entered throught the ceiling on the left side of the room and your story said the mist left over the refrigerator through the ceilng. I wonder if that is significant in any way. Just a thought. Why do they come and go at the edge of the ceilings (there I go again) Appreciate your time ❤
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
I saw something similar to this swirling around my kitchen on the morning of my mother's funeral. The only difference was, it was a very bright pink color. It swirled in the middle of the kitchen for maybe 3-4 seconds, then drifted over the top of the refrigerater, and then up through the ceiling. I have never seen anything like it before or since. But I do believe that it was my mother's spirit, coming back to say goodbye one last time. It was very comforting, as I was really sad and distraught at the time, and it would be just like my mother to want to console me at a time like that, and I will always cherish that memory. ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
Hello again, ljsco,
Did you happen to listen to the commentary that went along with the video? There were times in the occurrence, that the "mist" just sat in one place for a half hour or more. I liked how when it was "relocating" within the view of the camera, it kind of spreads and thins, almost like how I imagined this happening to you, by your description, along the ceiling.
Just thought I would share that, as Martin inadvertently showed me the video (by posting it to a story, and to someone else, in a story written by someone else) and it was the closest thing to what I saw in my son's room.
(shrug) Just a thought.
Thank you.
ljsco (1 stories) (9 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Whitebuffalo;

Thank you so much for the video. It does appear to be quite similar in color. I would speculte this video is quite realistic. The main difference is the mist I saw did not appear to move as quickly, however, I was only about 7 feet from it, so it didn't need to dart like this one appears to.

I truly appreciate everyone's input.

Bill 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
16 years ago (2008-03-06)
Exactly. (That is what I was thinking, also Ohiowatha) It sounded to me as if you were looking more into the "what and why" than in the "who". While a blue light with glimmers in it does sound a bit "sprite-ish" I, myself, wonder what the one in my sons room is.
There is a video on here that is CLOSE to what I saw in my sons room and thought to bring it to this story to see if perhaps it could be similar?
http://www.yourghoststories.com/ghost-pictures-videos/ghost-caught-surveillance-video.php
Thank you.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Very detailed and factual. My favorite part of this story is that you aren't concerned wtih the superficial aspects of it, but are more intersted in the details--why blue, why sparkles, why mist, why penetration. These are the questions of a scientist and for that, I thank you.

Excellent account.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
A well written story, however I have not experienced anything like this before. Have seen sparkling orbs before, but was not related to anything this deep that you wrote about. Once again a good story. Thanks for sharing it with us.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Hello Bill. Thank you for this well written and very interesting story. I hesitate to call this a "ghost story" because it is so much more. I can identify with your experience, not that I have inhaled an entity but that I have experienced that feeling of love you spoke of-it was wonderful. I don't know what the colors or the sparkles mean but I have seen both but not at the same times. I think you pretty well answered your own question on why the entity entered your body. She knew that the only way you could experience what she wanted to show you was at a deeper spiritual level-that the physcial body wasn't equipped to handle it. One never knows the true impact they can have on someone's life by just being there, when they are needed. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
ljsco (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Firstly, I'm extremely grateful to all of the people who are taking the time to read and answer my post. As you can imagine, it's not a topic I've been able to discuss openly though out the course of my life. It's something I've learned to keep inside except on rare occasions. I've found that even the people closest to me, who I've told, kind of look at me strange and change the subject. It seems to be a something most people don't want to talk about or are unable to relate to.
I will keep checking back and I'm so thankful to everyone. This is an awesome board with knowlegeable folks.
Bill
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Ljsco hi. I had remembered reading something about the meaning of colors in orbs and mists and I went back to check it again for you. Note, this is not me saying, it is what I've read.

Many suggest that the colors represent the human nature of the spirits, that is, what they were like when they were alive while others argue that colors signify the way and manner this souls have passed. Now, there are two theories concerning blue. One suggests that blue means that the soul is neutral(neither bad nor good) but, the most popular theory is that pale blue, as you well put it, means that the soul is in perfect tranquility. The silver sparkles come to symbolise the soul's telekinetic powers and mainly that it demands to be given authority.

I hope it make sense to you.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Does it truly matter why the sparkles or colors were there?...Of course not!, the fact of the matter is you experienced a wonderful phenomenom. Treasure it, carry it in your heart. I have seen color bursts, small firework display like visuals, and revolving color that illuminate. It's rare, but not all that unusual. Every person who experiences the paranormal, well...it's a little different for each of us. Due to the fact there are different levels of Psychic abilities. Go to my blog at www.ghostlyvoices.blogspot.com to read some of my unique life journey...Blessings!Oh, I don't drink, smoke or do drugs either!...I don't need or want the distractions...Sincerely,ghostseer 😳
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Although I have never heard of this exact type of experience, I would venture to say that Elaine chose to make contact with you at that point. Perhaps this is when she was finally crossing over, or for what ever reason she wanted you to know she was at peace.
You may never know exactly why the color, why the sparles, etc. Take some comfort in knowing it was pleasant, that she wanted you to see this, (or you would not have felt compelled to go into the room at that time, nor would her name have popped into your head at that time). You may have been a friend to her and filled a void for her at a time when it was desperately needed.

Thank you for sharing your encounter with us!

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
ljsco,
To be completely honest with you, I have never heard this described in the way in which you have.
My son at times DOES see a type of pulsing blue mist (more of a bluish orb with an encircling mist) in the corner of his bedroom, in fact, I was blessed with the sight of it once. But I do not recall seeing the sparkles, and I do not remember him describing sparkles. The light would just get lighter and dimmer, as if someone were trying out a dimmer switch and could not help themselves from playing a bit.
I have not heard of the (for lack of a better word, I mean no offense) inhalation of an entity either. You MAY have an experience that is amongst the first of it's kind, but then, I am only human, and have not read and experienced everything.
I am anxious to see what the other posts will say, as I am quite curious about this.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: