You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Holiday Season Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Holiday Season Experience

 

It was freezing outside, Christmas just around the corner. We had just celebrated Thanksgiving; I can not say I was happy about the holidays. My parents had recently separated, my mom, sister and I moved into one of the many apartments we would inhabit for the next few years, and life felt to be at a very low point for me at the time.

I was almost home. My hands were so cold they ached, as well as my feet and my nose. My sister was trudging through the falling snow behind me, whining that she was cold. I took the key out of my pocket to unlock the door and dropped it! There was at least a half foot of snow and I had dropped the key! You would think a big silver key ring shaped like a shoe with a gold key would be easy to spot in the white snow, it seemed to have disappeared. My sister and I searched frantically for the key. Finally after about fifteen minutes, we found it, right where I dropped it.

We proceeded up to the house split into three apartments. We had the main floor apartment, a young couple was in the second floor and a single man who was rarely there had the top floor. As we approached the side of the house on to the walk leading to the front door, the curtains moved aside about eight inches. There was an older, time worn hand pushing the curtains aside. I looked up and there was a face, about what would be approximately seven feet off the floor in the apartment. She appeared to be time worn as well, very aged. She had steel gray hair, and bright blue eyes. As she smiled, I noticed all of her teeth were pointed! I had never seen this face before; I would have remembered those eyes and teeth.

I stopped walking, staring at the window. The face stared right back. I realized my sister was clinging to my arms from behind, she was breathing very heavily as if ready to break into a sob. She said "Kim, do you see that lady in the window? Who is it?" I told her I did see the lady and I did not know who it was, but we would go to the house and find out. She screamed and pulled on me begging me not to go to the door. My mom wasn't due home for at least another two and a half hours, so what were we supposed to do? Stay outside and freeze? I was not going to the neighbors, I did not know any of them in the building, and this house was positioned so there were no houses on either side or behind for at least the equivalent of half a city block, as I mentioned we moved a lot so, I did not know anyone.

I told my sister (four years younger than I) to wait near the street for me to go in the house. If I did not come back out or call for her to come in, she would need to run the half block to the neighbors to get help. (Remember, this was before cell phones). She grudgingly agreed. I sure sounded a lot braver than I felt.

As I got around to the front door, I wondered if the face was still in the side window. I peaked around the side of the house to the window and saw only the curtains swaying pretty rapidly. I put my key in the door, turned and pushed. The door would not open! I pushed again, nothing. I then started to get angry, I started praying that my sister and I would be able to get in and get warm, that who ever was messing with us would knock it off for now so we could be warm. I pushed again on the door, it finally opened. Whew!

The room was dark, the only light coming in from the swaying curtains and from the Christmas tree. I reached out to turn on the light switch and felt something cold and tingling grab my hand! It felt like cold tree branches wrapping around my hand. I jerked my hand back, shook it and kept praying in my head. I reached out again and turned on the light. I saw nothing. Everything appeared as it did before leaving that morning, except the three foot Christmas tree we had up on a table had fallen over and the lights were on the tree turned on. I know I had unplugged it because of the fire hazard. Oh, well. I walked through the apartment, not to hard as this was a very small place and saw and felt nothing so went out to get my sister.

As my sister came in the house, I closed and locked the door. We began to get all of our outer winter gear off, the Christmas lights on the tree keep turning on and off. I checked the cord and the fuse, all seemed okay so I unplugged them to be safe. Well, that didn't stop them from turning on and off. I distracted my sister from the lights by offering to make a snack. We went into the kitchen, as we entered the kitchen the back door flew open along with the back screen door. All the wind and snow blowing in all over. Remember, I had just checked this door in my walk through and it was dead bolted. We did not even have the dead bolt key to lock or unlock this door and it was the type that required a key on both sides.

I ran to the door to close the weather out and saw the weathered old woman kind of drifting across the back lot with her face to me, drifting backwards. The odd grin with her pointed teeth never changed nor did the piercing stare of the cold blue eyes, then she vanished about thirty feet from the door.

This is one exert from our time in just that tiny apartment we only inhabited for eight months. I will share more if anyone is interested. If this one is to boring so far, let me know and I will not continue on.

Thank you as always for the support on this site! You are all the best!

Other hauntings by KimSouthO

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KimSouthO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

xxbabyhannah (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
I read some of your storys and they have a grey woman in maybe this woman must of died in the place you should ask the land lord and maybe he will give you some facts even ask him/her if a old woman with blue eyes died
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
Forgive me if I post something that has already been stated or asked, all I read through after the story was your comment to all.
This is very intriguing. Do you have any idea (I am assuming not, as you said you did not know any of the neighbors) if the neighbors (the one's in the apartment) had any experiences with this "woman?" It makes you wonder where and why a non human being that is visual as a human would be teasing you like that.
The only reason that I used the word tease is that (well, maybe taunt is a better word) she drifted backwards out of sight. That is just weird. Makes me wonder a lot of things.
Thank you.
BCEagles25 (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
I'd love to hear a logical explanation for this... This is obviously a ghost (possibly a demon) that just wants to scare the daylights out of you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-11)
Thank you again to all who have commented!

Frawin,
I learned at a very early age to pray. It may not have always made 'things' completely go away, but I do believe it has helped me to deal with what occurs. Sometimes there is simply no logic, so paryer is my answer.

physihic freak,
I am not sure what you want me to ask you? It is not always best to know what is going to happen before it occurs.

faerielike,
sorry to have made you wait for your lunch.
😁 My sister and I became very close and pretty dependant on one another after my parents divorced. As I stated, we moved a lot, so we learned to count on each other.

Kecoughtan,
EVERY thing about this being was malicious and dark! All feelings, all actions, everything!

Belissima,
She (and I use the term loosely) had all the descritpors one might think of when they think of a hag, I am not sure what she was, but human (or former human) I don't think fit this being.

Fltterofwings,
I slept no more than 3 hours at a time the entire time we stayed in this apartment.

Mustang,
I am pretty uncertain about this being ever having been human. If it was human at one time, I would have to wonder what type of human. It certainly wasn't simply a lost soul looking to complete some unfinished business and cross over. There was nothing light or nright about this thing that plagued us for 8 months.

ChrisB,
Winters here in Nebraska, United States are very cold and unpredictable. It certainly did not help with the situation, being cooped up and cocooned by snow and cold. I am not sure why this being picked this particular time to begin showing itself.

Ohiowatha,
Thank you for reading and commenting. I appreciatte your support. I was torn as to weather I should proide detail. It is like a film strip in my mind and very vivid, however some of these things do sound cliche. At that point in my life, and continued through today, I do not watch movies or read anything that has to do with horror, it is to much and I do not like the charecterizations and the feelings they invoke.

irene,
I will continue with his story soon.

All,
again, thank you for your support and comments. It is very helpful for me to get these occurances out and thus somewhat out of my mind. Like I said earlier, often in my dreams I will see these things again as a film strip and it is like living it all over again.

God Bless!
irene (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
definitely not boring! Keep the stories coming! I was scared out of my mind!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
I skip all others' and jump right to every Kim South account as soon as I see it. Incredibly scary and veritable. I could really see every detail in this story and felt fear. What is with almost cliched "pointed teeth?" It's not cliche here becuase it's true, so I guess the more appropriate term would be something like "iconic," but you get the picture. Why would deceased beings have pointed teeth? Maybe she was a demon?

Great story, Kim. Kept me guessing and made my world a little bigger and more mysterious.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Hi Kim. What a graet story! I found it very interesting. When you were talking about winter I felt cold because winter is almost over here(Poland)and reading your story remined me perfectly how it is in winter 😁.I am so glad that you shared your story with us and please write more about it. I haven't read the other comments but I would not be surprised if every one agreed with me. I just like reading your stories. It kind of makes me wonder how you can fall asleep sometimes. All these paranormal expieriences! I hope to hear from you soon and take care Kim
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
Hi Kim. DEFINITELY, WITHOUT A DOUBT, NOT BORING! It was quite the opposite. I would have freaked if I saw this old woman with those sharp teeth and piercing eyes in my home and staring at me! You really put on a brave face for your sister. I wonder who this woman was? It does sound like a 'Hag' but then again, what kecoughtan says could make since too and she could have been a previous tenant or maybe previous owner. That was really freaky, her flying out the back door backwards looking at you as she is floating away. How freaking creepy! Did you ever see her after that incident or will this be in another one of your stories? Thanks for sharing another one of your GREAT experiences!

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
Certainly sounds like an "Old Hag" to me. And how you could even sleep in a place like this, with those pointed teeth that she had. A good story indeed.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Hi Kim. This was the least boring story I have read. I certainly hope we've given you reason enough to tell us more about your time there. She does sound like a hag, a mighty scary one at that. Thanks for sharing.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
KimSouthO, how harrowing to encounter that woman who to me seems more than a little malicious. I'm not sure what is more terrifying--the combination of the piercing eyes and teeth or her floating so high above the floor. I hope neither one of you encountered her again. Do you feel she was associated with the house/property or just passing through? Also, do you think her teeth were "naturally" pointed, deliberately filed (some cultures do this), or fragmented and broken from a hard life without proper dental care? I have seen very distrubing ninteenth-century photographs of folks whose teeth appear quite sharp because they are missing so many edges and portions on most of their teeth. Thanks.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Your story was not boring at all! I am pregnant and hungry and couldn't even take my eyes off the page to start eating my lunch! I look forward to hearing more on this topic. By the way, it sounds like you are a great big sister! 😊
phsychic_freak (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
im psychic about tiny bits of what goes on in the future. But it just comes into my head when I don't expect it, please ask me questions. The reason I'm called phsychic_freak is because people at school used to call me a freak, but I hope you guys stand up for me
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Hello Kim. I can now see why your advice to people is pray,pray,pray.What you and your sister saw sounds like stuff that nightmares are made of-very frightening.I,like the others, will be anxiously awaiting the conclusion of this interesting{not boring) story. Take care my friend.

FRAWIN 😊 ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Thank you to all who have commented!

Martin,
Believe me, there were many sleepless nights in that apartment, this lady looking thing (maybe a hag?) was absolutely terrifying in the way she looked and the vibes.

Tammy,
It was terrifying! I think the longest time I slept straight through while sleeping in that house was 3 hours. Frightened and experiences!

Ozone baby,
Believe me, I was not brave. I was scared to death! I was also cold and responsible for my sister so I pretended. I don't think I ever stopped shaking until we left that apartment!

Harperllen82,
I was terrified. When thinking about that first site of 'her' I still get chills. As I mentioned earlier in this reply, her appearance coupled with the vibes, well...

Thank you to all who have read this story and thank you again for your support. I will submit more on this apartment very soon. It is very theraputic to get all of this out.

God Bless!
Harperllen82 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Oh my! I definatley agree with the others. This story is not at all boring. You were indeed much braver than I could have been. It must have been so frightening to see that women, especially with the pointed teeth and cold blue eyes. My own grandmother, who of course is not at all evil, has blue eyes like that. They are so crystal blue and peircing its as if she's looking right through you. So I know what you mean about the color. I too don't want to ask questions and spoil your next story. I'm looking forward to it!
ozone_baby (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
You are a lot braver than I would have been. You could not have pulled me into that house for nothing. I would have ran screaming down the street.
Can't wait to hear more about this apartment and your experiences in it.
Ozone ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Kim,that was far from boring, I can promise you! I have to agree with Martin, it was rather scary. Did you ever see her again or learn anything about who she was? Of course if that is to be answered in another story, I don't want to spoil things so ignore the question.

Looking forward to the next one

tammy 😊
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Oh my this isn't boring at all KimSouthO, very freaky indeed! I will have to blame you if I don't fall asleep easily tonight 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: