You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Cursed Family

Real Ghost Stories

Cursed Family

 

First of all my girlfriend and I moved into this house about 4 months ago. It is a old house built in about 1915! When we first got here everything seemed nice and pleasant. But there is a bedroom which is connected to the master bedroom. That gives me a strange feeling! I have 3 cats and always keep the doors to that spare bedroom closed, because whenever that room is open our cats go in the room and crap everywhere! They always use their litter boxes and never go crap anywhere else in the house!

Also about a week or 2 ago I had my niece over; who is about 1 year and sum odd months old, when my girlfriend and I tried to make her go into the spare bedroom she just would not step foot into the room and started crying. Once not near the room 2 secs later she seemed just fine. I don't know what is going on!

ANOTHER thing happened last night which made me subscribe to this site! First off my sister-in-law's mother died 2 days ago. (don't know if this has anything to do with anything.) But just last night while I was upstairs asleep, or trying to sleep, my girlfriend was downstairs in the living room watching TV and browsing the internet. (by the way the lights were off!) She said that she was just sitting there when all of the sudden she heard some thing. All of the cats were in the living room in her sight. The noise kept happening and then the cats looked like they were staring at something! One of the Cats hair started to stand up on her back. My girlfriend then called my name and heard me respond from upstairs. My girlfriend was wondering what was going on so she got up and flipped on the lights to find out that the cats food dishes made their way from the kitchen to the front door area. (not very far to kitchen to front door, about 15-20 ft.) She then came upstairs and told me what had happened.

I do believe her because one time at my mothers house which is old too, my mothers dog had died. A couple of days later my girlfriend and I were sitting in the living room when no one else was home and it was silent as can be, we heard my moms dog whining just like it did a few days ago when it was alive. I have always had some what weird stuff happen. I have older brothers that have had a lot of crazy stuff happen to them. (seeing stuff, things moving, hearing stuff!)

My question is - is the house I am living in haunted or is it just me? IS MY FAMILY CURSED? I have always thought that my family and I were haunted, we always have to worst luck in the world and the bad stuff only happens to my family and no one else. Crazy questions always cross my mind that I do not like to think of. (did one of my ancestor sell their soul to the devil? To curse this family. Am I crazy?)

PS. My father had committed suicide and I think that his sprit lives in my mother's garage. A place where he spent a lot of time. Working on cars, stuff like that. Even thou the event did not take place there. Sorry for rambling on but bad and weird stuff has happened to me and my family members alike. So is it the house? Me? Family? I need answers! ASAP. If anyone knows or as had things like this occur let me know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hurley21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

killingkilgore (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-12)
I agree that I don't think your family is cursed. It seems like you've just had a lot of tragedy and maybe you're prone to paranormal things. Who knows. I don't think any of the things that happened in the house would constitute as any sort of curse though. It doesn't seem like anything there wants to hurt you, maybe it just wants you to know it's there. I would just keep an eye out.
Also, Nightgoddess, what does the dirt, water, and salt do. I mean, obviously it keeps things away, but, how exactly? Where did you learn about this? And, isn't it messy 😊 ? Just curious is all.
Thanks for sharing hurley21
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Hi hurley21. I, also, do not believe you nor your family to be cursed. If that were the case than me and my family would be too. Almost everyone in my family has experienced something paranormal once, twice or all of the time like my fifteen year old daughter and I. We also do not have the BEST of luck either. I don't think you are alone in THAT department. Everyone always thinks that everyone has it 'better' than them, but in actuality they are just as bad off, if not worse, than you or/and your family.

Some people look at having this 'sight' or 'gift' of being a sensitive as a 'gift' or a 'curse'. Don't look at it as being a curse. It's not. Just learn more about the subject.

As for your homes, you DO like the old ones! Old homes do not necessarily mean that they ARE haunted nor do the new homes mean they WILL NOT be haunted. It could be the land too. It could be all three! The land, the house and/or you and your family members attracting them since you are sensitives. I do think that it is your Dad who tinkers around in the garage since that was his favorite place to be.

Why don't you try to find out the history of the home and property and have that particular guest room cleansed of any negative energy by the Smudge Ceremony.
Thanks for sharing your story and keep us updated.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
I don't feel your family is cursed either. I do feel there is an entity in the home. But it seem to be an evil one, however by what you have written in your story. I think the fist place is to start by, looking into the history of the house. Has anyone died in it, with natural causes or non-natural causes? At least this way may put to ease some what, what is going on, if you found something like, someone that has not yet passed over and still lingers on in this house.
DarceyHaynes (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
yeah I would be sooooo freaked out too! 😨 but I have have way more scarier expericences recently, and I am so scared I cannot even get a wink of sleep
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
I know it is hard to think that all of the experiences that have befallen your family are nothing but a curse. YOU are not cursed, your FAMILY is not cursed, and neither is your home.
What you ARE, is blessed.
There are several theories on how whole families can seem to be very receptive, and in other families only one seems to experience the paranormal. Some say it is genetic, some say it is just a matter of openness of the mind(as in not being tainted by the views of society as a whole).
Truth be told, there is really not enough scientific proof on either side of any such argument to warrant one thought more true than the others. Just ANOTHER reason all of these occurrences are considered unexplained.
Bless you, I am so sorry for all of the tragedy that seems to have come into your lives.
Young children seem to be more receptive, just because they have not had their experiences diluted by the thought of those who are older. Most have NOT been told there is no such thing as the visitors that they play with (Many choose to call them ALL imaginary friends), and take them at "face value".
Animals also seem to be more receptive. They hear things and see much more than a person can. In fact, some investigators watch animals, follow them around a dwelling, and then snap off pictures, or set up listening devices around the areas the animals have odd behavior in or around.
I would think that your Father joins you all in your Mothers garage as he is quite comfortable there. He used to tinker about in the garage, and spent many hours there. It sounds like he enjoys the atmosphere, and feels it is more his space than any room within the house. That would make HIS type of "haunting" an intelligent haunting. And that is why is he THERE, and not at the place of his death.
Thank you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Hello hurley. Your family isn't cursed, just more receptive. I truly think this can be a family trait (my family on my husband's side - my son, husband and his dad all have psychic abilities, it seems to increase with each generation, my son is amazing). You may have a certain spirit who is more attracted to you for whatever reason, the same as your Mom has her husband and her beloved pet. I wouldn't think it would be your sister-in-law (your brothers wife, I'm thinking you're talking about), she would have people who are closer to her, like her husband, your brother, since he is receptive as well. Also your experiences started before she passed on. It could be someone you know and loved, someone who has been stuck in the house you live in or it could be someone who was left wandering somewhere you've lived. Spirits like and want attention, if you were giving it, simply by being aware of it, it may have followed, been attracted to you. If you are really uncomfortable and it's upsetting you and your family, ask it to leave. Be firm but gentle and tell it you are uncomfortable and want it to leave. Tell it to pass on and find peace, join its loved ones. Your experiences are very interesting, I enjoyed reading them.
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
I don't think that your family is cursed. Many families are just that way, they have the ability to experience those types of things. Lots of people have that problem I don't think that if a family member sold his/her soul to the devil that your whole family would be cursed. I believe that it would only effect them if that happened.
I do believe that your father could possible be in your mother's garage. Many spirits return to their favorite spots or where they spent most of their time. If you really don't like it do what I did. I got advice that helped a lot. Mix some dirt, water, and salt together and then leave it out in the sun for three hours. When three hours is up rub some above all doors and mirrors. Its working in my house.
Nightgoddess
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Hurley21,
First of all, I do not believe you to be cursed nor do I believe your family to be cursed. I would think, however that you are a bit sensitive and so are other members of your family.

With your current home, it is quite possible that there is something active in the home. Do you have any idea as to the history of the home other than that it is very aged? I am curious to know about your current home to see if there is a reason for something to possibly be there, or did 'it' move with you when you found the house? I am not saying that is exactly what happened, however, it sounds as if your mothers home was quite active. Or, did you perhaps take some furniture or something like that with you when you moved?

God Bless!
Ambu (6 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Creepy story, I don't know what to say to that. I don't think that your family is cursed.

Everyone in my family even my ancestors see ghosts but it never did anything to them.

Just ignore it and it'll go.
phsychic_freak (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
I don't think you are cursed. You have had a lot of maybe 'close' people that have passed away.
You're probably being visited by one of the ghosts of maybe the dog. It's nothing bad, he/she just wants your attention and wants you to know he/she is there and cares for you. So there's no need to panick.
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Some people and their families are more intune with the paranormal. Also you have an attraction to older homes you might just have the luck of living in ones that are more apt to be "haunted". I don't think a curse is on you, I sometimes feel that way because so many things have happened in my life and it seems like everyone else gets all the luck.

Why not do some research on who owned the house and what happened to the people who lived there and if you feel it's haunted contact a responsible group (who don't charge) and have it investigated.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: