You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Poltergeist Activity

Real Ghost Stories

Poltergeist Activity

 

Over the past few days I think there is some sort of 'paranormal' activity in my house. It's mostly been small things, here are a few. I poured myself a glass of coke and left it on the counter in the kitchen, my mum called me into the living room and we spoke for a moment then when I went back to the kitchen my drink was at the other end of the counter... I thought nothing of it.

Later that day I was having a cigarette in the garden. In the garden on a table I have 2 lighters, one is green (I keep on the left) and the other purple (which I keep on the right). I glanced at my lighters and went back to my cigarette but when I looked back again having finished my cigarette the green lighter was on the right and the purple on the left, by this time I thought something strange was going on but I put it to the back of my mind.

The next day the microwave turned itself on whilst I was at the other end of the house, lights have been turning themselves on and off occasionally. Whilst watching TV the channels have been changing without me touching the remote. After a few hours of this I knew there was some force at work, I had a sense of something not being right so I called whatever was at work out. I said.

"Whatever you are show yourself"

Nothing happened for a few seconds then something struck a note on my guitar which I keep in the corner. Thoroughly freaked out I went out of the house for a few hours and came back to find several things in the house have been moved around. Nothing has happened today and I'm hoping this is all over.

What do you all think is going on?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ruthark, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

T_J_T (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
It sounds like a Poltergeist. Or just a visitor. If anything happens, more big or dangerous that you might feel can hurt you, try blessing your house.:)
Ruthark (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-12)
I just had the most bizarre feeling, I've never felt anything like that before. I'm sat at my PC and I 'sensed' something behind me so I turned around and saw a white entity (like dense smoke) no bigger than a rabbit glide along the wall behind me and across me window (its dark outside) then dissapear when it reached the wall my PC is facing.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Hi Ruthark. Although the part about the microwave, television and lights all COULD be signs of a Poltergeist, I really do not think that it is. A Poltergeist is noisy and throws things around, etc. It sounds like you have a 'visitor' in your home like some of the other posters said. It all sounds harmless to me. Especially when you got upset and said, "Show yourself!" and all it did was pick your guitar string. πŸ˜†Sorry! I think that is kind of funny. I mean if it were an evil entity, it might have done something down right hateful or frightening! Just keep a closer I on what's going on and take notes, then let us know what else is going on so we can better assist you as to what it is and what you should or should not do. Thanks for sharing your story.

SHELBY ❀ 😊
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
A good story, not sure at this point just what kind of entity is in your home. But time sure will tell if it's a poltergeist, with more activity then what you mention in this story. Thanks for sharing this with us.
physcomike (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
well I wouldn't consider that a poltergeist just yet. It is wierd activity. In a case like this I would try comunicating with it with your hole family and try to get some answers.
Harperllen82 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
Thank you WB for your insite. I always look forward to your answers and responses on all the stories I read. And your right I have already learned a lot in the short time I've been hanging around this site. And thank you Ruthark for letting me take up space on your page. Feel free to use mine when I publish my story.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
Excuse me, Ruthark, I see a question that has not yet received an answer.

Hi Harperllen82,
To your first question "Why is it that they can't pass on to "heaven" or wherever it is they need to go to find eternal peace?" There are many different thoughts on this. Some say they have "unfinished business", staying behind to help grieving family members, staying behind to HELP family members, they do not know that they have passed on, or simply because they are just comfortable in the place that they stay after death. There are many, many other theories, those are just a few.
Depending on the TYPE of haunting that you encounter, one or several of these reasons may play in the situation.
There are also different TYPES of "hauntings". A residual haunting is a memory of an event that replays itself, I believe, until the energy of the event plays out. No rhyme or reason there, just a strong emotional feel of the event, that has recorded it onto the air of the place of the haunting.

I am sort of glossing over these things as to give you a complete walk through could take forever, but you WILL learn a LOT being on this site, if you truly pay attention to what is being said. 😊

As to the question as to if we will all fall to the same "fate". I do not think so. Some people Cross Over after passing with no help at all, they just go. If ALL the people who passed away were doomed to the existence of a ghost, there would be no reason to call them Unexplained Occurrences, as we would be OVERRUN with PROOF of the existence of such beings. We would have so much knowledge about the sightings and feels of them all, that science would not still be questioning, and neither would any of us.
Thank you.
Harperllen82 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
I say that definatly sounds like an alarming expeirence! It does seem to me as well like this spirit just wants your attention and means you no harm. I have a question however for the senior posters and I apologize Ruthark for using space on your page. Spirits, such as this one or any other that is lingering here on earth, I wonder why it is that they continue to dwell here. Why is it that they can't pass on to "heaven" or wherever it is they need to go to find eternal peace? And I wonder, will we all be faced with such obsticals when its our time to go? That thought makes me very sad. I, I'm sure like the rest of you, don't wish to linger in this exsistance and not be able to go and be with my loved ones that have gone before me. Its just a question that has plauged me for sometime. Again I apologize if its out of line.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Ruthark, hi. I think there's someone trying to get your attention. Has anyone close to you or your family passed recently? Have you recently moved into this house? I don't know why things would just start up after you've been in the house for a while, unless you've only just started to notice. Is it possible small things have been happening all along and you just haven't noticed? Your ghost may have increased its activity because you weren't paying attention or because you have noticed it and therefore given it more power to do bigger things this way. It sounds pretty innocent, I don't think there's anything to worry about. If things start to get intense or worry you too much, tell it to leave you and your family alone, it needs to pass on and be at peace. Try a smudging ceremony or pray throughout the house, blessing it, if that is within your belief system. There is a lot of good advice on this site that has been successful for others, look back through the stories and see what kind of ideas appeal to you. If things are okay with you, then just enjoy the silly antics of a lonely spirit. I don't think there's any harm intended. Thanks for sharing your story.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Ruthark,
It certainly sounds as if your have a visitor of some type in your house. If it is a poltergeist, time will tell. A lot of the activity you are talking about could be a poltergeist. They like to move things around and make noise. So far, it sounds as if the occurances are pretty benign. By that, let me just say I mean that this 'it' does not appear to mean you any harm, just wants to be sure you know it is there. It is still as frightening as all get out though!

There are many things you can do. Pray,pray, pray. This would be my first recomendation. Pray to your self and pray aloud. Place a cross in each room, especially the bed rooms. Tell 'it' to cross over where 'it' will find peace with the Lord and be at comfort. Be firm but not aggressive.

If my suggestions do not work for you, lavendar is very effective as are crystals, sage and a smudge ceremony.

Which ever method you choose, remember to be assertive but not aggressive. This is respect.

Keep us posted!
God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
Personally, Ruthark, I would think you have a visitor to your home.
Right now, it would sound as if all it wants is to have your attention. I think it knows it has it now.
One of the things I do to protect my home (in the event that someone should turn on my microwave) is to put a full coffee cup of water in the microwave. It also helps me to check on the activity in the home while I am gone.
If I come home after working my 12 hours and the water is hot (or only half full), I know the microwave has been running. Make sure you check the water level often (for a couple of reasons), so that the water does not all evaporate.
You could also try to ask it, respectfully, to leave the lights off (or on) and to please not turn the telly to different channels, as you were interested in what you were watching (or whatever).
When you start to find your car keys in the freezer, remember you are not going crazy, just explain again that those are important and you need them to be able to go to work etc.
It would sound as if it is comfortable with you there, or it would be doing many other more disruptive things.
Thank you.
ozone_baby (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
I don't think this is poltergeist activity, I could be wrong. Poltergeist are usually more violent such as breaking things and throwing things across rooms. This sounds to me like you have a spirit that likes to play practical jokes or just wants you to know he/she is there.
Unless it gets worse or starts to frighten you, I wouldn't let it bother you. You may even find you like it being there. 😁
Thanks for the story
Ozone ❀
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
sounds like what is happening in my home, so far nothing bad but having to hunt for items drives me crazy sometime. First I thought I was forgetfull until I would find things in places I know I would not place them.

keep in touch with more events!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: