You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Harley the Ghost Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Harley the Ghost Cat

 

I'm 16 years old and I live in VA. I had the same cat since I was a baby, his name was Harley. We were really really close and always together when I was home. Harley got really sick about 7 months ago and we put him on a couple medications but his illnesses were not curable. He slept in the my bathroom bath tub the last few nights of his life and every night I would wake up to him meowing so I would go and see him.

I used to lay in the bathtub with him everyday and cuddle him and when I'd go in there after he died I'd sit in the bathtub and cry and I'd feel warmth on my lap, Harley loved to sit on my lap. Sometimes when I'm in there I'll talk to him and the other day I was in there and there was an empty cup in the bath tub and it started moving.

About a month ago my sister and I both woke up to his meow. Every time I shower, there are noises that come from the bathroom closet and he used to like to be in there when I showered or went to the bathroom. I also feel weighted down spots in my bed at night and he used to always sleep with me.

I recently got a kitten named Tommy due to the depression I went through, I felt I needed another cat. My mom had said that I could never be as close to another cat like I was with Harley, but Tommy and I are always together and where ever I am, he is. I don't know if that has anything to do with Harley but I felt it was a little strange since cats like do their own thing. Like Harley, Tommy is in the bathroom with me when I'm in there and he gets in the bathtub and jumps around and pounces things that aren't there and he'll run around he also does this in my room some nights.

The nights I talk to Harley he's usually in my dream the same night. The dreams are always the same but different locations once it was at my country house, where I got Harley and it was after he died, I went into the shed and he was there and I picked him up and held him and cried. The dreams felt real I could feel his fur and everything. I'm not really sure if all these are things I just imagination because I've never had a ghostly encounter that is so close to me. Can someone give me an opinion?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Crystal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Cathy (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
Hi, Crystal... I think your story about you and Harley is very touching. I do believe that your experiences are real; that Harley is coming back to you because your spirits bonded early and deeply.
I have had at least two instances of strongly feeling the presence of a departed animal. My first one was with our family cat, Timothy, who died at 16 years old of renal failure.
Every night I would come in from work and cry because Timothy was not there. I would stop crying, get a snack and sit down to watch Johnny Carson. As I began to laugh at
Carson and relax, I began to feel a subtle but very REAL presence in the room. I am sure it was Timothy. I had never had this experience before, but I somehow didn't have any doubt as to who it was---after all, I had known him for 16 years. I did not sense any sorrow in him, nor any confusion. He seemed to know exactly what he was doing: he was just watching us for a few nights (seven, to be exact) to see if we would be all right. It seemed to be a matter of choice for him.
Until that time, Crystal, I was really not sure that we survived the death of our bodies... I remember thinking every night when I would sense Timothy's presence in my Dad's easy chair (his favorite place in life)
"Well, I'll be damned---it's really true; we DO survive physical death!" It is a natural process; Timothy taught me this. I think of this often. In truth, my first spiritual teacher was a cat!
After seven days, Timothy went on to do whatever he was supposed to do. I don't know what that was, but he seemed to know.
Hope that helps with what you have been through. I think Harley is very special, as was Timothy---and one day you will see him again!
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Hi Crystal, I think that your cat is still with you, and Tommy sees it and likes to play with it. It seems like your cat was a sweet thing. My husband and I have a stub tail calico and I love her to death, but yeah I would say that your cat is still there with you, that it loved you so much. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Hi I have experienence with a ghost cat too and I have no idea who cat is was it my or the ex owner that use to live here would come to my bed at night or come to bathroom while I was brush my teeth even thought can't see until other night I was talking to my boyfriend on the phone and I yell him and say I just saw a ghost cat first time he beleieve in ghosts and he say really then I was like yeah of course really it just walk passing front of my foot all I saw was a tail.
LPeezey (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
I too had an experience just like this. A few years ago I had a cat that died of congestive heart failure and I never had closure of his passing. He was my second shadow and I too would have dreams where he would visit and I could feal his fur and hear his meows. It definitely helped me a lot in coping with his death.

Wether paranormal or just imagination, it was the biggest comfort.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Hi Crystal. You sound so shy and unsure, I think that's why you decline to participate in the discussion. I think you'll be back to read our comments though. Bonds between people and pets can be so strong, probably because it's so innocent and honest (when was the last time your pet lied to you about where he's been or what he's been doing?) I think Harley's love brings him back to you, and he shows his presence in small ways. The two of you grew up together, he lived his whole life with you and you were his comfort during his final illness. You were in each others hearts and I think he's trying to comfort you in his own way. Once he's sensed you will be fine, Harley will probably go on his way. Since your sister has witnessed some of these things, and Tommy acts a little weird at times (animals are really sensitive to spirits), I think that supports your ideas that Harley comes around. I like the fact that you still talk to Harley, I'm sure he does too. I don't think you can totally discount your dreams either. Even though they may simply be vivid, emotional dreams, they are still special in the way that they may be helping the healing process. Tommy sounds like a lovable little rascal, I'm glad you've found him to help you through your sadness, it sounds like he's doing a pretty good job. You've told your story well and I really enjoyed it.
HeatherO (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
Hi Crystal,
I think your kitty understands that you need the comfort and is visiting you until you're better. I have a friend who saw her deceased dog a few years ago. There are many personal accounts out there similar to yours. As far as the dreams go, it's definitely possible to travel and visit loved ones, even pets.
Take care!
Heather
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
Hello Crystal. I don't usually talk to people who don't talk back but here is my opinion. If you think this could be your imagination-it probably is. In your depressed and grief-stricken state your mind created these "comfort scenarios".

FRAWIN

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: