You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts in the Shower

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts in the Shower

 

In 1974, my family and I rented a house for a year while we were searching for a house to purchase. Many things happened during this 1 year stay. There were 3 bathrooms in this house, 2 in the main house and 1 in the outside servant's quarters. All 4 children were locked in at one time or another in the bathrooms. My personal experience with the 1 to 2 hour incarceration was very traumatic for a 10 year old. The bathroom door would not open. It was not locked and the door knob would turn but the door would not open. While I was on the inside, several people from the household was on the outside trying to open the door. Finally, after a couple of hours, the door just opened. This also happened to my siblings.

Several times during our stay, my great aunt would come stay the night. She said that during one of these stays in the late evening when everyone was asleep, she would hear the shower on and she would go and investigate thinking that one of us kids is playing with water. As soon as she enters the bathroom, the shower would stop and there would be no evidence that the shower was ever on: no water in the shower stall. While she was in one bathroom investigating, the shower in the other bathroom would turn on and she would go and investigate that. After finding the shower stall in the same state: dry, she knew that there was something going on in the house that is out of the ordinary.

My mother would also notice that in the mornings, all the closets would be wide open. She thought that the house must be tilted and the closet doors are opening due to gravity. To stop this, she put chairs in front of the closets to stop the doors from opening overnight. The one time she did this, she found all the chairs pushed away from the closets and all the doors where open.

My mother also lost a red cross pendant while we were in this house. She had a set of bright red jewelry which included earrings, a ring and a large red cross, about 2"-3" long. She usually keeps her jewelry set together so when she lost just the cross and not the earrings or ring, she was sure she didn't keep it in some other place. She searched the whole house and all possible nook and cranny that it could be in but couldn't find it. To this day, she still has the earrings and ring but the cross pendant was never to be found. After leaving the house and realizing that it was haunted, she "gave" it to whomever took it.

My father saw a shadow of a young boy walking around his bed and because he was half-asleep, thought that it was my brother. He asked the boy to go back to sleep and my mother was surprised because she said that my brother was asleep in their bed next to my dad.

My sister had bouts of sleepwalking while we were living in this house. She was never known to sleepwalk and has never done so after we left the house. We would find her behind the TV, in the hallway, etc.

The week we were moving out of the house, we left our laundry woman working in the outside servant's quarters while the main house was locked. She said that she heard someone playing with a basketball. Thinking that we were home, she went to the window where she heard the sound and couldn't see the ball or anyone inside the house. However, she could hear the basketball being bounced on the other side of the house. After knocking on the door and determining that no one was home, she also believed that the house was haunted.

Upon leaving the house, our neighbor's finally told us the story of the house. Apparently, the previous owners (not the owners we were renting from) had 2 children: a teenage girl and a young boy. While the parents were on vacation, both children were killed by their nanny while taking a shower. The nanny also preceded to bury the kids under the home's foundation. The bodies have been moved but there is a cement block under the house with the children's names on it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Patricia Chan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

MFD (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-29)
Well said muahh, even though I'm not from the Philippines, those were my exact thoughts.
muahh (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-27)
Mustang... Just an overview since it looks like you're so dumbfounded by the stories from the phils... (I don't blame you haha)

It's just that a lot of us here are really superstitious. I bet all the kids who grew up here has been told that a monster will get them if they don't take their nap on time or something like that...

We are basically so open to ghost stories that whenever we hear something weird, we automatically think of it as a ghostly deed.
More often than not, it really is (coz there's no other explanation for it like 2 showers opening without anybody to turn it on etc.)

As per the bodies, it's really different here when somebody dies. Especially if it's like suicide or something. Family prefers to keep it to themselves rather than have the whole nation know that their kid killed him/herself. And that's totally fine. It's not against the law not to alarm the authorities about it. The government won't give a sh*t about it anyway.😕

[note: according to the story, the parents did take the bodies out and placed the tombstones maybe to be reminded of what happened? That, I'm not really sure.]

With the nanny, there's a lot of that story going around... A lot of crazy people around. It's not an urban legend at all. Just like your hometown, every murderer has got their own reason and I'm sure this nanny has hers...

btw, how'd you know if the author chose not to cooperate anyway? I can't seem to find anything that says he/she won't cooperate... 😢
bluefox3 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
😲 Wow Mabey the kids are just trying to tell you something? Or Maybey this was a sighn to yall? 😕
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
This is really to bad, and kind of sad. I loved the story, but... Well that is all I am going to say, It is kind of pointless talking to your self. I mean, okay the author indicates they will read the comments, but that's it? Whats the point?

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Hi Everyone. There is a lot of wondering going on about why people decline to participate in the discussion of their story... When I submitted my first story here I checked the 'won't paticipate' selection, even though my story was true, I felt wary of the way that people would re-act but I was definitely watching! Once I realized I wasn't going to have to defend myself and my experience from a lot of harsh comments I responded (cautiously at first) Depending on the story, I always have my own feelings of insecurity when submitting that first story in the back of my mind. If the story is wild and outlandish and the author isn't willing to participate then I agree, it's probably just a fairy tale - maybe I should say 'scary tale'. Sometimes I think the author is a just a little shy about relating their experience but their story is totally believable. That said... I thought the events that the author witnessed during their year long stay seemed pretty believable. Then the story of the nanny killing the children (she must have been a bull moose to have buried the kids under the foundation, especially a teenager), it just seemed like a smooth script for the movie of the week. I agree with mustang, it kind of turned into an urban legend type of thing for me too. Mustang, I liked your description of the nanny being a nut job!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
Hello Patricia Chan. I can't see writing a ghost story and then never having the urge to come and see what people are commenting on your story. SO, having said that, I think it sounds disturbing to me that little children were locked in a room for any amount of time. WHY, is my question? Why would children be locked in a room? Do you think that maybe the door knob was just broken? I have door knobs in my home that need to be replaced because my children used to hang on them and try turning them to open them. Eventually they ended up being able to turn but hard to open even though they were unlocked. They, my children, are almost five and three years old and still have a problem getting in and out of a closed door with those particular messed up door knobs. I even have a little problem getting them to open right away also. It's like the mechanism is messed up inside. We just need to get new door knobs. As for the showers, it is not usual that two people would be taking a shower at the same time because of the water pressure and lack of hot water for both people. Did anyone ever find out why the nanny did this or was she just a nut job? I think she DEFINITELY was a nut job to kill children and then bury them under the house. Why wouldn't they, the police and parents, take the bodies from underneath the house and bury them in a sacred way rather than put somekind of headstones underneath the house or move the bodies and then leave the headstones underneath the house? Or did the nanny put the headstones underneath there after she buried them? Even stranger. Why would she even take the time to do this! It all sounds VERY disturbing and strange to me! I also seem to find that stories that come from the Phillipines, all though may be truth or legend, all are either extremely disturbing, almost unbelievable or like an urban legend! I actually am a little skeptical of this story. Especially since you did not put the correct email address and you said you would not be participating in your own story. Why even bother to write it? I know that you will not be able to fight the urge to see the outcome of your tragic story! Even though you will not be commenting on this, I know that you will be watching! 😊 🤔

SHELBY
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
Not sure why [at] Frawin, why someone would write a story and not comments to what others have said. Myself I won't write a story, if I am not going to make a comment. So any of my stoires make comments to Frawin and I will answer you back.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
Hmmmm... I wonder how come nobody wants to talk anymore.SHEESH-- I only stutter when I "talk" not when I write 😊.Well I guess I'll go home and pout 😢.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: