You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Visitor in the Dark

Real Ghost Stories

Visitor in the Dark

 

My mother divorced my father in 2000, and by 2001 we were living with her boyfriend and soon to be husband Eric. I was new to his home and city. I quickly made friends with a superstitious girl who was not afraid to try something at least once. We were both raised LDS (mormons) and we were both doubting our religion. In an attempt to answer many questions, she and I decided to use her sister's Ouija Board. Some of our questions were answered, but many remained unanswered. Slightly disappointed, we went to her room to talk. That night, as we lay in her room, unable to sleep, we began to hear shuffling noises outside of her bedroom door. Afraid to open the door we turned on the light and watched her door, praying that it would remain shut. Unfortunately, the door did not remain shut. I have heard many stories of doors creaking open on their own, and if the door opened I just expected it to creep open. It did not. The door violently swung open, revealing the dark hallway. The light in her room did not just turn off... the light bulb burst. We sat screaming in the darkness hoping someone would hear us and come to our aid. Unfortunately, we were the only living souls at home that night. We ran from her room upstairs and out the front door. We went immediately to her longtime friend's house, where we stayed for the remainder of the night.

The next morning we cautiously entered her home to find her room totally trashed. All of her things were thrown around, the room and her mattress was laying next to her bed. When her parents came home, they called the police and reported it as an intruder. It baffled the police, they didn't know where the "intruder" entered from, what his motive was, how the light just burst and not a single fingerprint was found.

We thought that we were through with what ever had entered the room that night, but we were wrong. Every night around 2:30 to 3:30 am, for the next month, I was tormented. I would hear my name in the darkness and was once even forced awake by my bed shaking. My mother dismissed my stories as outrageous and an attempt for attention. I refused to sleep in my room and was often found on the couch in our living room in the mornings. Then one month after the first attack, it just stopped. I began to think that maybe I was delusional and maybe suffering from a psychotic episode. I did my best to just forget, but couldn't, it was like having something lurking just in front of you in the darkness waiting.

Two years later after putting with an immense amount of bullshit at my mothers home, I moved in with my father and his family. I felt safe at my dad's home and was able to live my life like none of it had ever happened. I was care free and living on the edge. My dad gave me space, understanding, and time to heal. Once I settled down, and finally was free of my burdens, it began again. This time it was more subtle. I would dream about hate, and unspeakable horrors. One of my worst dreams was of a young girl committing suicide after being violently rapped by her best friend. I would wake up in a sweat, always at 5:00 in the morning. It still happens today. If I manage a dreamless night, I am awakened by the whispering of my name. Whatever it is, it has not only attacked me, it has also attacked my friend who has suffered more than me by far.

Other hauntings by Heather

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Hi. This must have been very frightening but I have a question. When you say that you were doubting your religion so you used a Ouija board... What did that mean? Just curious because it sounds as if there is religion/good or no religion/bad. I am a Christian and I believe that there is both good and bad. To believe in God would mean believing in the devil. Well, I am sorry you had to go through all of this and do you still have these occurrences?
NerdyParanormalGirl (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Ok hun number one NEVER mess with a Ouiji boards because there EVIL. They open portals that should not be open. Thats how these malovent spirits get in our world. Now its looking like no matter where you go this thing is going to follow you and your friend. You need to get a priest to bless you your friend and the both you guys homes ok and pray. I hope this works be safe.
ghostgirl101 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
At sunday school my teacher told us how to get rid of evil spirit. He said raise your right arm half way and say
"in the power of god I ask Satan to leave."
It seems like evil spirit is afraid of the word "in the power of god."
If that doesn't work... You can pray or read your scrpiture... If that doesn't maybe you can your bisop to help you
Heather (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
I just wnted to update everyone who has left messages of concern and love, I have been doing a lot of soul searching and have come to a peace in my life. I no longer dream of the same things and have had no paranormal experiances in quite somethime. I have learned to stay far away from anything that may seem paramormal. Life is simpler if you avoid anything that could contact life beyond the grave. So I have and it has done well for me so far. God willing it will continue.
God bless 😁
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Scientists believe there is no such thing as a DREAMLESS NIGHT just merely you just don't remember the dream but that's scientists I don't believe in that but if it is I sure forgot a lot of dreams 😭
sister (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Ouija boards don't attract ghosts at all since it's been proven to be a complete lie (the creator even admitted that it didn't do anything and it was subconscious muscle movement that caused the thing to move) but a lot of demons use things like Ouija boards to harass us since we openly invite literally ANYTHING to come contact us. I'm sorry for your friend, but you need to pray for God to protect you. One prayer that I find particularly find works is "Lord, please protect me from anything that wishes harm upon me and cast them away from me..." If that doesn't work, just start telling whatever is in your room to leave in the name of the God and never return.
I'll pray for your safety, and I hope whatever is happening will end.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
NEVER, never, never ouijia boards! How terrifying for both of you! I am sure the dream is trying to tell you something, just be careful what you listen to and not be misled.

I hope that you will find the center of YOUR faith, not what others WANT you to be.

God Bless! ❤
Heather (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-28)
Thank you. I have indeed found that by swallowing my pride and asking for forgivness has haelped immensely. Recently I have found that allowing my Mother, Step Father,Biological father, and god has soothed me. The dreams are occuring less often but are still there and I still feel threatened but I thank god that I can atleast sleep now. Thank you to every one for you input and advice I have evaluated everything submitted.
Seth (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-28)
im sorry to say that ouiji boards are indeed very evil. anytime you use them you are inviting demons into your house...which is bad. there is nothing good about a ouiji board.whenever you have a demon in your house it is very difficult to get them out. to get them out,you have to pray and cast them out by the name of Jesus.then they have to leave.asking Jesus into your life can give you protection from demons.you have authority over them.and they cant touch you or even come near u. ask Jesus to come into your life and ask Him to forgive you of your sins.trust me, it will work.

God bless.
jessy (6 stories) (35 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-21)
Quiji boards are NOT evil, its how one uses them that can make them become evil. I don't know what you summoned, but it sounds like a VERY bad spirit. I guess I don't really have any real advice for you. I'm sorry.
Kayla (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-20)
The girl about sucide might be your future that visitor could be someone who died like a family member I know what figure that was to my friend synthias brother was like that its her brother
Heather (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-20)
Thsnk you for your insight, I was fourteen when my friend and I used the Ouiji board. I have sience strayed from using things that can "communicate" with the dead. My friend has not. her whole family is into that kind of stuff. They even went as far as to purchasing a book about effectivly communicating with the dead, which might I add has created alot of problems in their home. I love my friend but I nolonger spend time with her, she has a lot of problems that I dont want to invite I'm my life.
miiish (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-20)
Heather, seems like your dream is trying to tell U something. Perhaps, flashes of a previous life, where the girl who suicided was U. Perhaps a warning of something yet to come. Whatever the explanation, just look closely and pick any details that U can. I'm sorry that a ghost is tormenting U, but honey Ouija boards are a big NO NO, cause U have no clue what kind of ghosts U will attract. Once U have opened the "portal" things tend to go haywire and crazy. One should never never tamper with the unknown......thats Y its said
" Knowledge is Power ". Hope things settle with U . Dont be afraid..... Good Luck ! Cheers !

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: