You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Son Sees

Real Ghost Stories

My Son Sees

 

From the time my son was just a few months old until the time he started kindergarten, he frequently saw things that no one else saw. One evening, I was sitting in our bedroom floor, playing with him when he started looking at the rocking chair behind me - like someone was sitting in it. When I looked, the front of the rocking chair was rocked forward - like someone was sitting in it. When he was old enough to talk, he described my own grandmother to me. There was absolutely no way that he could have ever seen her since she died before I even started to date my husband. My son was able to describe her fully - including her "humped" back - that she was careful to never show in pictures.

My grandmother wasn't the only one who came to see my son - she was just the first he was able to describe. The strangest visitor my son had was "Baby". He had a baby that he played with for years - that no one else could see. The strange thing about "Baby" was that sometimes when my son was riding in the backseat of the car in his child seat, you could almost see two children in the backseat of the car. "Baby" would always just sit beside my son's car seat. I spent months trying to figure exactly who "Baby" was. All of the other people that my son saw were family members - and I could easily figure their identities out once my son was able to talk.

It became clear to me who "Baby" was when my son was about two and a half years old. I had a brother who died before I was born under very similar circumstances that my son was born under. My son and my brother were both in December (around Christmas) and were premature. The same condition caused both of their premature births. Getting back to the story, I took my son to the graveyard where my brother is buried late one afternoon. As soon as I let my son out of his child seat in the backseat of the car, he went to my brother's grave, sat down, and started to talk to the grave marker. When I asked him who he was talking to, he told me that he was talking to "Baby".

"Baby" stayed with us until right before my son started to school. My son still talks about missing "Baby" even though he hasn't seen him in years.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Suzy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostluver1523 (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-27)
I think thos story is a nice one. Since I started reading stories on Your Ghost Stories I thought about how cool it would be to be able to see ghost's.So francly I am jelious of your son.Also,If I was your son I would think I was very lucky, Because I would think that I was very loved by my relitives that I have never met before. So I would always feel safe:)



~~ Amy ~~
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
I have a hard time with ghost children too. I can't imagine a child roaming around trying to find it's parents or whatever and the thought of a ghost baby just messes too much with my mind. I will have to do more research on that kind of phenomenon. My son talked to the wall with the theomostat on it in our first apartment. He would coo and laugh and smile and talk jibberish to this thing we couldn't see. There had been a murder (which happens very rarely in our small town) in that building when it was a bar at one time and then later that area was split into 2 apartments so I don't know if it was the spirit of the murdered man or what. It never scared us we just thought it odd because there was nothing on that wall to attract a baby's attention. He did this until we moved a year later and then in our next apartment my son would always sit in a certain place in the long hallway to play and again it would be like he was conversing with something. He would offer it toys to play with and would insist on taking it along when we went somewhere. We just played along and pretended but we had to do that to appease him. After his sister was born he didn't seem to have these playmates anymore. So was it imagination or what I don't know.
AllieRN (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
Suzy,
I really enjoyed your story. I am an OB nurse in a small hospital. We do not see a lot of premature infants since we are level one nursery, but, on occasion we have one that can't be prevented. We usually get them stabilized and shipped to a larger facility, however, unfortunately we cannot save them all. Your story made me more aware that these little lives are not always a loss but have a higher purpose.

Thank you for sharing!
Allie RN
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-13)
Hi Suzy,
How wonderful that the SPIRIT of your brother was able to come and join your son in this time where so many were coming to see him. I find it refreshing that they were able to become friends. They have/had so much in common.
I was wondering if when your son was old enough to communicate more clearly, about what age did he see your brother as? I ask this as MY son calls everyone smaller or obviously younger than he is a "baby". Just the other day he called a four year old a baby by way of description, but only as the child was smaller in stature than my son is.
You also said that your son has not seen Baby in years, does he still see the others?
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-13)
That was a graet story. Children always have the ability to see more then we can. I am sorry that your brother died but bhe did come over and had an eye on your son. That was a very good story. Has there been anything wierd going on after that? Maybe you noticed some things? I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Harperllen82 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-13)
Suzy,
That is truly an amazing story. My daughter has too spoken to people who I can't see. Although her expeiriences are not as detailed and descriptive as your sons, she spent the first year of her life, in our home on "Maryland Ave...", speaking to the all the walls on the left side our house. She would turn away from us and spend up to an hour having an ongoing jibberish conversation with what me and my husband came to refer to as her "wall friend..." There were also several nights that she woke up and we heard her talking in her crib for a few minutes and then some strange bumps and then what I can only descibe as a "falling" sound. Then, just as I was on my way into her room, petrified that she had fallen head first out of her crib, she would begin crying and screaming for me. When I got to her she was always safe in the confines of her crib, but always visabally shaken enough that I put her in our bed for the rest of the night. Maybe it was nothing, but me and my husband still refer to it as Kinsley's (our daughters name) "Maryland ave. Ghost". I really enjoyed your story and I am again reminded of how many things our children are aware of that we are not.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-12)
Hello Suzy. I find stories such as yours extremely interesting. I have had similar things such as you describe happen in my own family. What children see is truly amazing. I feel that Baby wasn't a ghost but a spirit. Thank you for sharing your story with us, I truly enjoyed it. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-12)
Suzy,
What a very heart touching story! I agree it was also a bit creepy and sad. I think the reason that most of us do not like to think about a baby being a ghost is that we assume that they cross over immediately. I would also suppose that a baby may have unfinished business just as older individuals do.

I am assuming (and hoping) that "baby" (your brother) was able to cross over finaly as your brother has not had any interaction with him for some time.

You Have a very special child! Give him love and understanding of his very special abilities.

God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-12)
Suzy hi. I loved your story and, yes, it was a little creepy to hear about "baby" and sad to find out it was your brother. Do you think there's a stronger connection between your baby brother and your son? I suppose you do or you wouldn't have mentioned their birth dates.
I also think your son is deeply loved by all your family members, and since some of them have passed on, your son will always have his guardian angels. What a lucky kid!

Thanks again for a wonderful story 😊
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-03-12)
Dang, I must admit there is something really creepy about a baby ghost. No offense being that it seems to be your young brother, but... Phew... Gave me chills 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: