You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Headache of a Paranormal Kind

Real Ghost Stories

Headache of a Paranormal Kind

 

This event happened early in 2007. As a member of Couples for Christ, one of our obligations is to attend weekly meetings with our household group. In short, each couple within our group would take turns to host these weekly meetings, where we would gather, pray, and read a scripture from the bible.

During this particular week, the youngest couple within our group of 6 couples, hosted the meeting. They had just bought their first home a year earlier.

My family arrived, along with the others and everything started off smoothly until we got to the end of our prayer session. I suddenly got this huge migraine. It hit me like a ton of bricks. My husband knew something was wrong with me, discreetly directed me into the kitchen and asked what was wrong.

As soon as we stopped in the kitchen, my headache disappeared as if nothing had happened. I said, "I don't know. I had this massive headache but now it's gone..." Shrugging my shoulders, we both walked back into the family room to listen to the bible reading. As soon as I sat back down, my migraine attacked again. Whimpering like someone just kicked me in the head, my husband asked the host of the house, if they had some paracetamol for my headache. The lady of the house retrieved some Panadol and I followed her into the kitchen to get a glass of water. I thanked her and she returned back to the family room, leaving me in the kitchen on my own.

From where I was standing, I could see my husband sitting down on his chair. He turned to look at me and smiled. Then appearing behind him, I saw this black figure or shadow-like person, resting one hand on the back of my husband's chair but just standing comfortably as if listening in on our little meeting. I just about dropped the glass, from surprise, I guess. My husband, watching my facial expression, looked behind him, but couldn't see what I could see. This shadow was still standing there, then faded. I drank my water and Panadol, placed the glass into the sink, splashed water onto my face and returned to the family room, sitting down next to my husband.

For the rest of the night, I didn't experience any more headaches or felt as though something or someone else was present in the house.

After we got home that night, I mentioned to my husband what I saw. I told him not to mention it to the young couple since the lady was 4-5 months pregnant. I didn't want to alarm her or her unborn. Could this shadow-like spirit be a past residence of the house? Or the young couple's relative, looking in on them? They haven't experienced anything and the house was blessed soon after they bought it, so, perhaps the spirit just came for a brief visit.

Other hauntings by marijun

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marijun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-22)
Hi Ohiowatha
Thanks for dropping by. I hear what you're saying. I rarely have migraines, so perhaps, just like your sister, my migraine could've affected my sight at the time. Who knows. Thanks for your insight once again.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-21)
Interesting story, Marijun. Just have one comment: there is no way anyone can tell what this spirit or apparition meant from reading your story. Not to discredit your story at all, but I think it's dangerous to try to interpret what this "meant" by trying to decypher this spirits actions. For example, I fail to see how a hand resting on the back of the chair can be judged one way or the other. While it may be a sign of passivity, it could also be a sign of reaching out in aggression in that it's accessing something tangible within our world. I PERSONALLY am not making a judgement either way, and I doubt anyone else can, either unless they're incredibly talented (and even then, who knows). My point is that only your feeling and impression at the time can really guide you.

I mean, it's just so hard to tell what all this stuff is, I think its unfair to you and the "paranormal discipline" to assume too much.

That said, when my sister has migraines, they often attack either the speech or vision centers of her brain. Sometimes, she mixes up words, other times, she sees things. This is not uncommon for migraine sufferers. I'm not discrediting your story, but merely providing an alternative explanations. Again, only YOU know what you saw and what it might mean in this case.

Thanks much for sharing. 😁
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
Hi key2theafterlife
We are always at their house nearly every other week because of these meetings. The baby is almost 5 or 6 months now. They haven't experienced anything, and I haven't experienced anything since that ordeal. When I walk into their house, it feels at peace and calm like. I guess it was just a one of thing... Thanks for dropping by. Take care.
key2theafterlife (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
I suggest going back to the house even if you are scared. It would be fro the good of the baby if it is born 😊
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
Hi Whitebuffalo
Thanks for dropping by. Your theory seems to make sense. Upon seeing the shadow-like spirit, I felt nothing. Just surprised that there was something there.
Perhaps the pregnant hostess was meant to see it too, and yet, it was only I who was able to see it. So many questions and thoughts and the answer lays with the spirits, I guess.
I truly thought my sanity was playing tricks with me, hehehe, but I believe I saw it in true form, a shadow spirit, perhaps wondering what we were all gathered round for or checking in on the occupants of the house... Who knows?!
Here's wishing a happy day to all. God Bless
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
Hi Marijun.
Here is a different theory.
What about the idea that the ghostly presence DID bring on your migraine and, in seeing the discomfort that you were going through, he attributed it to his presence, the shadow man repositioned himself in a place where you could easily see him: at your husbands chair?
From what I understand about Shadow people, there could be several reasons why it is that they appear as Shadows. One of them being that there simply is not enough energy in their makeup to create a full bodied apparition. They gain energy from a variety of places (our electronics and our fear, just for two examples) which enables them to BECOME full bodied.
I have no proof of this next comment, only my own personal experience and the ones that my female friends have shared with me, but it seems as if pregnancy can bring about paranormal encounters. I am wondering if this instance was meant to be seen by the one in the group who was expecting, but that she just did not see him, you did instead.
I can not help but wonder what it was that he wanted, or what his message may have been. But I do find it extremely interesting that he positioned himself BEHIND your husband. Very telling.
Thank you.
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
Hi guys.
Thanks for your brief comments.

ChrisB: it never occurred to me to say a prayer for the spirit. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rhodes68: yeh, I didn't get any uncomfortable feeling from this entity either. It appeared, then disappeared un-noticed, or so it thought... Hehehe... I was surprised to think that I was the only one that saw it. It was clear as though a person was standing behind my husband.

KimSouth0: I somewhat understand as to what you're saying. Maybe my migraine had something to do with the shadow like spirit being there or perhaps it was just pure coincidence I happened to have the migraine at the same time it appeared.

Tonith: I don't usually get migraines so easily, and this is the first time something like this has happened.

anywhoos guys, thanks for dropping by to read. I look forward to more of your insights. Take care all!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
My question would be is this the first time anything like this has happened to you? For whatever reason you were given a glimpse into the spirit world. Bible says there are spirits all around us. I don't think it was anything evil just maybe a curious spirit who could have attended meetings much like this in life. Also are you prone to migraine? Sometimes all it takes is a smell of perfume or floral room deoderizers to set one off. Great story.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
Marijun,
There is a theory that when spirits manifest the use a lot of energy. The zap in energy may have been what brought on the head ache.

As far as the shadow you saw, 'it; may have been a remnant of a past person from the home or it may have been someone attached to the couple or anyine there.

I do not think all shadow people are evil or dark. As stated, manifesation must take a lot of energy. Sometimes the manifestation can onlky appear lightly due to the amount of energy required and it may cime in as simply a shadow.

Thank you fo rsharing your story,
God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
Hi Marijun. Although I'm far from being an expert on spirits and shadow people I would attempt my interpretation. I didn't get a bad feeling about the shadow from the way you described it. Like you, I also got the impression "it" was observing the meeting. Its hand resting on the chair also enhances the fact that it meant no harm. Was it there because it reside in that household? Who knows? I don't think that a blessing can send a spirit away if it doesn't wish to go away. There are times when a dead person is aware of the fact that he's dead and has come to terms with it but comes back willingly to pay a visit. Then again the shadow you saw could very well be a "drifting" spirit which was just curious as to what you were all doing in there.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
Hi Marijun. What an interesting story. It might have been a spirt who lived in that house before or like you say sombody who wanted to hear the Lords prayer. I think that not everyone is allowed to see ghosts. I think the ones who can see them have the sixth sence and its easier for them to make contact. Just like when you saw this man and nobody else did. I think you should say a prayer with the rest of the people for him. Maybe you shouldnt say it directly because some people might not understand this but try it in a different way. I hope you understand me beacause my english is bad 😁.I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: