You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost In My House

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost In My House

 

Lately a lot has been going on in my house. When I say a lot I mean every night... Lately I've been feeling someone watching me at night, after the feeling occurs I start hearing noises... Noises like knocking, ticking, whispers and cold spots.

I was in my room watching TV last week. I have two baby cats that sleep in my room and they often scratch the door at night so I put my coat in front of the door so that they don't make scratch marks on it. I have one of those doors that are really impossible to open unless you turn the knob completely. And I always make sure my door is completely shut because those crazy cats of mine.

So I was watching tv in my room and all a sudden I started to hear my door knob turn. I immediately looked at the door, I thought to myself that its impossible anyone would be coming in my room because it was 3 in the morning (I have bad insomnia). My door knob started to make a lot of noise like someone or something was really trying hard to open it, and then all a sudden my door got pushed open half way and even pushed my coat along with it... Which is impossible because I have a big coat and "air" can't just push it across my floor. I stood shocked and just looked at an empty hall... Nobody there.

My cats looked scared and kept freaking out at something in my room it seemed. I closed the door quickly so that they would stay in with me. They for some reason were really trying to get out of my room more than ever now... And kept "meowing".

I got really scared after that experience.

Last night I also heard a women say my name, "MITCHELLLL" when I was going to my room, once again it was like 3-4 am.

My dreams are constantly of people trying to communicate with me in my home and ghosts telling me to do EVP but I'm to scared to do EVP, I used to do it, for only a week, and was getting some messages and I don't know if I'm ready to experience anything with them talking to me yet.

A lot has been going on... I'll keep everyone posted.

Other hauntings by meetch1515

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, meetch1515, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

meetch1515 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-22)
hey everyone
once again id like to thank you all for the comments you all posted, means a lot that people out there can relate or listen to what's going on...

To answer some of your questions, I certainly do believe that EVP can open some sort of portal because once I started doing it after stuff had happened, it increased soo much that I was terrified to sleep and had dreams about ghosts communicating with me for weeks, everynight...

things have calmed down, altho I have been hearing a women speaking and also the conversations of people speaking in my home, even when no one is there or no TV or anything is on... I have learned to ignore it somewhat but I know something is here... I havnt touched EVP since and don't plan to for a while, I'm positive that it triggered the spirits to increase communication.

To also answer KimSouth0's comment, my old next door neighbour. Right next door. Had the most crazy (experiences ever) The story is long so I will post a new story talking about it, so keep posted. :)

thank you all, have a great weekend
mitch
somekid313 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
that happens to me a lot to to but I not scared cause I'm use to it but that whould be scary well I think that was the best story I heard on yourghoststories.com 😆
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
The most important thing is your comfort. Mama always tells us if we are not comfortable in some place than we need to get out of the place that is not comfortable. She tells my brother it is the angels inside his head telling him to leave, and tells me it is my guardians and I need to pay attention cause something just ain't right.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Hello meetch1515. I am with WB and Ohiowatha on this one. I DEFINITELY would not use an EVP, Seance or the Ouija board to make contact with this 'being' in your home. Doing ANY of the three can open a portal to another dimension and you might end up with more problems than you already have. I would only suggest that professionals who know how to open and close a session with the board or seance, use these methods for communication and although EVP's are not necessarily harmful, it is just another way of opening up another realm for God know what to come in. Keep us updated.

SHELBY

❤ 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
I would have to agree withe everyone here. If your not ready then don't do it. But when you feel that there is enough strenth in you then try it. I believe there is a reason why they are trying to contact you. I dot know why and probably you don't know either. But the answer to that question will come in time. And then you will know what to do. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
You know, after reading the comments, I read and re-read Ohiowathas, and he has a very valid point. Excuse me for using this story to ask a question:

Ohio,
Do you then think that using or trying to obtain EVP's can also open portals?

Thanks!
God Bless!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
Employing an EVP is no different at all than using a Ouija board. They're just in different formats, but they're still both used to contact another dimension, parallel world, etc. It's not as if there's something intrinsically nefarious about the Ouija board or planchette themselves, it's not about the apparatus. It's about reaching your hand out into a dark "room" and not knowing what will reach back.

Use neither, in my opinion.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
Meetch1515,
Again, I will echo the sentiments of the others, do not force yourself to do EVP's if you are not ready. Do not, PLEASE, use any type of ouijia board.

Has there been any type of occurnaces in your neighborhood near your home that would cause a female to visit you? In your family?

I look forward to hearing more!

God Bless!
meetch1515 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
thanks to all of you who gave me advice and took the time to read my story, ill follow what you said and won't communicate until I'm ready, stuff is still going on but less and less since I told it to go away a fiew times and stopped any attempt in communicating, ill keep you all posted if anything else does happen, take care and thanks again!
demonboy (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
Yeah I agree with WB don't try to contact them if your not ready, I have done wrong for note (played an ouija board after having my first experience and it made things worse). I was trying to contact them but whatever I did contact was a demon and I know for a fact and no one can prove me wrong. Since I'm a strong catholic and believe in the bible, I read it I don't know at least 10 times because whatever was banished. I think because of my guardian angle who sticks with me day and night. So just things can happen when your not ready, I think you could get a friend over or someone who isn't fully skeptical like my friend who doesn't believe in anything and just sit down and try and have a friendly chat like neighbors do, and if you are brave and foolish enough like me and try EVP, send the recording to an investigator or add it to you tube and give us the link so we can see what it wants for more help,
God bless

Demon boy.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
While WB may be right in warning you not to do anything until you feel you're ready, it does sound like this being is trying to contact you. If this has being going on for a while then it's unlikely to stop any time soon.

I recommend you try and pluck up enough courage to try and communicate with this spirit. As WB said, it's YOUR home. The next time you feel this spirit near you, you might want to try simply telling it to bugger off, to go into the light, that the power of Christ compels it or anything else that takes you fancy.

Alternatively you may want to conduct a seance. Personally I wouldn't recommend it as it may cause the problem to worsen if you don't know how to perform one properly. If you do decide to try a seance, do some research first.

Some would suggest that you could have your home blessed. Personally I can't see how splashing some water around and chanting some jibberish could possibly help, but who knows. As I believe is often the case, the sheer will of the human mind is an effective tool.

Whatever you do, please do something sooner rather than later. I don't imagine living with a ghost could be much fun or healthy for that matter. And if it keeps up, it might get worse. Good luck.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
First off meetch1515,
Let me say this, take it as a warning, advice, however you would like to.
If you do not FEEL READY to talk to whoever this is that is telling you to take more EVP's, then DO NOT. If you have the strong feeling that you simply can not handle, or that it may be a bit "too much" for you, do not even attempt a contact.
Our feelings in all situations are very valid internal warnings. They fall under many titles; intuition, the third eye, a sixth sense, and many more. That is NOT to say that this ghost is an evil or harmful entity. It just means that you are not ready.
There are many times that even seasoned "ghost hunters" and "communicators" back out of situations as the level of comfort is not where it needs to be in order to form a good contact. Our feelings are in place to protect us, and we need to heed their warnings, even if they are just there as a cautionary "note".
These beings are in YOUR home. They MAY be there for a reason, but time will tell if YOU are the one needed to contact them, or if someone else would be more suited for the job. There is no shame in the fact that sometimes the person they are TRYING to contact is not the person they NEED to contact. None at all.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: