You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Childhood Nightmares

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood Nightmares

 

I'm not really sure how to start retelling my experiences, and I am a bad story teller, so please bear with me... I'll just type it as best as I could. I grew up in the Philippines and was actually raised in a remote province, I'd rather not mention names of locations right now since I've never really had a positive input from people whenever I tell them "weird" stories.

We were raised in this two-story 2 bed 1 bath house, with a storage room just on the left side of the bathroom. I was a very active kid, never really had the time to stop and think about "ghosts" so I don't know why I always had dreams about them. I believe it's also important to throw in the fact that all my other siblings lived in the city to go to college and my dad came over here to work so it was just me and my mom in that house.

On to the story. When I was about 5, I would always have these dreams about these people, I felt like they were a family. There was an adult male, adult female, and a little kid. I think it was a boy. I would dream about them maybe 2-3 times a week. It would always start as me coming in from the front door on my way to the kitchen and I would sense something from my parents' room and I would turn around and see the "family". They would always come out from my parents' room, their head/face full of blood, and the guy saying, "Please, help us". I would always freeze and tell them to go away but they'd just stare at me and he would keep on repeating his plea for help. I would always scream in my dream and that's how it would stop and I'd wake up.

Also, sometimes I would have this dream about me coming in from the front door and I would "feel" like something is in the house with me and I would yell "Show yourself! I know you're there!" and here comes the family again. Or sometimes there would be this bloody head on the desk where our typewriter was and he would just yell for me to help 'them'.

I'm not even sure if they are classified as ghosts. But those dreams went on for a couple years. What would they want from a kid anyway? I don't think I could've helped them. They just scared the snot out of me, that's for sure.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maki047, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedFeathers104 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-26)
Hi maki047. Your story is sure so scary! Try learning the history of the house. There might be bodies that belong to that family in your dream. I think the 'bloody head' is asking for help because it's been seperated from its body. I'm not so sure about it, but great and scary story! 😭
hulya (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Whether they were souls asking for help or just mere nightmare... You should always remeber that, when they tell you to come with them...never. Never. Never ever come near or accept their invitation. I dream of those things sometimes but my mother always tell me even if those souls are one of my love ones, I shouldnt accept their invitation. You would die dear.
Alastor (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
Maki, I don't think it is strange at all for a child growing up with their family so separated to have dreams about an injured family asking for help. Dreams help our mind deal with things that we have trouble with when we are awake, nightmares are usually just our mind trying to work out a heavy problem, say if your Dad was separated from you and it bothered you but you knew he was doing it for you so you could not be mad at him. Its called cognitive dissonance you should look into it.
slashes86 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
You said "what would they want with a kid?" Well, I think that children see things like that more often than adults because they haven't been desensitized to it or tought that it's just imaginary. So I think that's why they will show themselves to kids more.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
but is this a night mare interpretation web site no na then it should be real enough and well experienced and you said is a dream it can be any fiction
Scary boy
muahh (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-26)
having nightmares... Part of the top 10 i-hope-this-never-happens-to-me list...

yeah... It's basically nothing to worry about because they can't harm you physically but it can and does mentally... 😭

it's still scary... 😕
maki047 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-21)
Thanks for everybody that posted.

I don't think it's possible to research the history of the house... It's in a tiny village, and last time I was there, the first sign of technology was an hour away. And last time I heard, there was some stuff going on in that house still. A lot of weird stuff happens to me in dreams, but like Ohiowatha said, it's not technically a ghost story. I just thought I'd post this story first since it's the first memory I have of weird things happening to me.

Anyway, I'll post my other stories next time, I've been busy with work. 😠

Thanks again.
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
hey maki,
as some may have read I'm also from the philippines and I find it weird that people would not believe you or would look at you different when you tell them about ghosts. I mean people here actually enjoy hearing about those things. Oh well, maybe we just have a very different world.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
hi Makio47. I liked your story. There are some things that could have helped then. The first thing is to look into the history of the house. I believe thatr there could have been a family who lived there before. It is possible that they were trying to contact you but it maybe possible that this was just a nightmare. My wife has had them once for almost a year but nothing strange did happen. I would worry to much about it. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
key2theafterlife (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
sounds real scary. I've had dreams like that but the person scaring me was in the form of a little girl 😨
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
Thanks for sharing, but a dream about ghosts does not make a ghost story.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
I would agree with most of the others, in order to discuss this, a few more details are needed. Could you please fill in some of the blanks with the questions so we can discuss more openly.

God Bless!
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
When I first started seeing things I was dreaming them. I told them in the dream that they were scaring me and not to come back. They did, but they rested first. Sounds like they needed help and came to you when you wouldn't ignore them.
Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
Nice...I really enjoyed your story. I'm not sure If I can be of any assistance to you. But I would like to comment on your story due to the fact that as a child I also had reoccuring dreams and nightmares although I am not able to recall them quite so clearly. I have to agree with the others here I think you should definatly look into the history of the home and property you were on. Also, judging the personal feelings I got reading your story you may want to check with your family to see if there is any history of perhaps some sort of accident where you may have lost a small family of relatives all at the same time. Perhaps an uncle, aunt and cousin, and I would try to research that back to very many of years ago.(just a suggestion). Please do keep us informed I would love to hear if you find out any information. Thanks again.
❤ Ambi ❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
Hi maki. I'm not sure what type of help you are looking for, it sounds as if this happened quite a long time ago. Since these are dreams about past events, I would suggest checking into the history of the house and property. Once you find something about the place you will be able to know better what you are dealing with. Tell the spirit/s what has happened and explain why they have to leave you alone, pass on.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
Hello, maki047.
Please forgive me for posting a few questions straight off.
I understand you not wanting to give exact location, and that is just find. I am curious, though if you are still in the same home?
Do you still have like dreams? Not necessarily with the same family in it, but dreams in which people come to you and request your help.
Have you ever done a history search of your home or the land that the home sits on? I am guessing that this last question is a no, just because this story is about the dreams, and not something that occurred in your waking time.
Just by what you have written, I would say that you actually had a visit from a ghostly family, that took place within your dream. Some ghosts find it easier to contact us while we are in that state as most of us do not "fight it off", and think dreams as nothing more than our imaginations working overtime.
Sometimes that is all that dreams are. Sometimes all they do is reflect something (in terms that we do not readily associate with the REAL meaning of the dream) that we can not seem to erase from our minds that has happened to us, or that we fear would happen to us.
But I would venture to say that if they had come to you on numerous occasions, that they were actually trying to contact you, and that they were trying to solicit your assistance.
Does this type of thing still happen to you?
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: