You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Corner Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Corner Shadow

 

Try to bear with me, this is the first time I've really talked about this. The sequencing might be a little messy. Lets see, I've had experiences all through my life. Nothing really that stood out, or terrified me though until within the last few years. The experience that I'm about to describe is by far the most terrifying that I've had to date. This happened in my junior year of high school I believe.

Things started to happen a couple of months before. I started to get sleep paralysis and things would vibrate my bed at night. During my states of sleep paralysis I could hear someone/something walking around my room. I talked to my brother about this because he has studied the paranormal and knows a little bit. He opened up the idea that it could be that I was astral projecting and that I was actually walking around my room, and that the sleep paralysis was caused because I was not in my body and was woken up before I could get back in.

After he gave me this theory I pretty much just chalked it all up to that and never really thought about it. The one thing that still bothered me though was that my bed would vibrate. These things happened on and off for a couple of months and eventually stopped.

Then, one night, between the hours of 1am and 2am I would say, I was woken out of a deep sleep and could not move. I could not move because I was so terrified. There was this dark, dark figure in the far corner of my room just staring at me. I could feel its eyes just staring. It just felt so evil. I was so terrified I couldn't move, I couldn't talk, I could barely breathe. All I could think to do was to pray. After what felt like an eternity it eventually went away.

I haven't had that experience again, but while I was living in Lynchburg I did have a feeling of being watched and I had something call my name.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some insight, or some ideas to what y'all think this could be. Any theories would be much appreciated.

Much thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LPeezey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

monkeyking12345 (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-07)
😁 okey the only thing I have to say is watch out. I have been hunting them down for like ever so yea be on your guard much
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
Well Lpeezey you got the best advise you could possibly ask for. I will also add that you may be a sensitive. Its easier for those kind of people to see things. I don't know what your religion is but praying for sure will help. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
demonboy (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
Sleep paralysis, horrible thing, read a lot but luckily never happened to me, I think if you prayed and it left it was probably evil and if you could feel evil is another theory, I've read a story of sleep paralysis that an angle stood at the door of someones bedroom and helped him overcome his sleep paralysis he had been having, well good luck and god bless,
Demon boy.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
All the symptoms you described are classic cases of sleep paralysis. Funnily enough you already know the term, but not its explanation.

When we sleep, out brain sends out a signal that paralizes the body to prevent us from acting out our dreams. Sleep walking is caused by the absence of this signal. Similarly it is also possible to wake up while still paralysed.

For most people this can be a very frightening experience and they often enter into a hyper-aware state. In this state our imagination can easily get the better of us.

You're far from alone in your experience. I myself have had three sleep paralysis episodes (all within a few months of each other). I'm sure that if I was not aware of what was happening, I too would have been scared out of my wits.
keekee404 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
I don't know too much about sleep paralysis, but the last occurance sounded like something evil, which is what I personally think causes sleep paralysis half the time. Hope everything is okay!
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
"My History with Sleep Paralysis" is a story I posted on this site, about my experience with sleep paralysis. I hope you will read it. Sleep paralysis explains all your symptoms. I experienced humming in my ear, a sort of vibration. I never saw anyone or anything, but I felt an evil presence around me. Crazy as it seems, since I researched it, I don't have episodes anymore. Good luck.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
LPeezey,
Please listen to whitebuffalo, she knows what she is talking about. You where at the perfect age for poltergeist activity. Through your prayers and the vibes you sent back in this 'things' direction, it left, thank the Lord!

Keep up your positive thoughts! I would like to tell you the memory of your encounter will go away, but I very much doubt that it will.

Thank you for sharing your story with us!

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Hi LPeezey,
Well, on a good note, the prayers seemed to allow the shadow in your corner to realize that it was not wanted there and it took it's leave.
All of these experiences happening about the time that you were in your junior year would suggest that this may have been a poltergeist. Teenagers seem to be able to help in the manifestation of such beings, and the sheer energy of hormonal imbalances (or OVER balances) within the physical and mental being of the teenager "brings them out", so to speak.
You may not have knowingly provided it with the energy to show itself, but they just "feed" off of teenagers. They are nicknamed the noisy ghosts, and I would think a shaking bed would be a pretty good sign of one.
The good thing about poltergeist is that they go away after a while. They make life a living ghost story for a few hair raising months or so, and then just drift away. Are you still experiencing these types of things?
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: