You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Shadows and TV Changing Channels

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows and TV Changing Channels

 

Every time I come downstairs to get on the the computer I feel like I am being watched. Sometimes when someone's staring at you, you can feel it, well that's how that felt like. One morning I woke up and I saw a face, I got scared, so I closed my eyes again and I saw nothing.

When I was brushing my teeth, one morning I thought I saw a black shadow so I screamed and my mom came, she asked what happened. I said I saw a black shadow, and as parents always say "its your imagination", I told her that it wasn't my imagination but she said it was my shadow, but I saw it about two times.

Last night I thought I saw something behind my couch so I got really scared and ran up stairs, I fell asleep real quick and last nigh I had a nightmare and this morning my blanket was over my head and it felt like I couldn't breath.

Also, last night I was in my older sisters room, the hallway lights were off, all of them were, and so I pressed guide on the remote, I was looking and I wasn't pressing any buttons and it changed the channel to the fresh prince of belair. Then I changed it to Drake and josh and it changed again so I stared, hugging my dog and freaking out, and then my mom came in and we told her, but she said its just a timer. I just don't know if it was just my grandpa.

Thank you for reading my stories, if you have explanation please tell me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bluefox3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bluefox3 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
Well I'm sad cause I'm listening to a sad song well I see things before I get scared and the it scares the crap out of me so just think in my mind and like yesterday my sister was playing the video game and she left it on and so my mom took her to art class well while I was reading my book it sounded like someone was playing it so I went to go to the restroom and on my way I saw noting but when I came back I thought it was off but it was on so I said to myself may bey my sis left it on so I got so scared I ran to the bathroom and today I was sick so I stayed home so we went to a garden place and I had to go to the restroom and so I went to the bathroom. There was only one room and one toilet. I was using the restroom and I heard a knock so I said I'm in here or I think it was hello well so on and so a couple seconds later another knock and I said who is it? No answer for both knocks. Then I heard someone choking in the other rest room and so I got out. And I asked my mom if anyone knocked on my door or if she did she said NO! So yeah so please respond

Love bluefox ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Well, bluefox, it would be hard for me to give you an answer that could be chiseled in stone about your imagination. The reason being that YOU are the best person to answer that.
I seriously am not trying to offer you a "cop out", by telling you that you are the only person who could really tell if these were your imagination, or if in fact they were paranormal experiences.
Here is something that I ask some people who do ask me a similar question. If you can think of the last time that you were truly, honestly and completely scared, did you see something BEFORE or AFTER you became frightened? On the same note, did you FEEL something before or after?
I do see shadows out of the corner of my vision. They make me jump, have my heart beating erratically, my palms sweating, my breathing quickens and sometimes it feels as if something small is crawling up my back against my bare skin. Right after all of that my mind kicks in. I start to rationalize and try to see if there is any type of logical explanation. Any at all.
I only KNOW that the cat I hear jumping off of the kitchen counters is a ghost cat because I used to run into the kitchen every time I heard it and try to replicate the sound. I would sit on the wood floor and be as still and quiet as possible until the sound returned. I had others listen for the sound and asked them what it was. I have never seen the cat, but I HAVE tried to find an explanation that my MIND would find favorable.
My BRAIN tells me nothing is there, that I am just hearing one of the appliances in the kitchen, that if I ask someone what it is I will be thought crazy.
That is why we need to look into things, to prove to our MIND that we are not crazy, our brains are just fighting against us.
I would say if you have looked, listened, asked and WAITED, you may very likely have had paranormal encounters. Honestly, you would be the only one able to HONESTLY and completely answer that.
Thank you.
bluefox3 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
I've read my comments about how fast I go to sleep well I put my covers over my head and try to go to sleep, but its hard to go to sleep too and that night I had a nightmare so I was deep asleep.

Love, Bluefox3 ❤
bluefox3 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Dear White buffalo and all thanks for reading but when I hear a noise isay ok maybey that was the cat or the, or maybey even my sister but I get really scared so is it my imaaganation getting away with me?
love Tiffany/Bluefox3 ❤
bluefox3 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
i cover myself with a blanket and I make myself go to sleep but its really hard
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-22)
Wow! I couldn't fall to sleep that quickly, after being so frighten either. I just don't have the feel for this story. You may or may not have encounter an entity, I am just not sure.
AllieRN (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-22)
Bluefox,

Just a a quick question! If you were that scared how did you go to sleep so quickly? If I get scared by something it takes me awhile sometimes quite awhile to go to sleep!

AllieRN
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-22)
bluefox3, parents always say you're imagining things. That's not always the case and if you really felt otherwise then I would say you were feeling something not quite so simple as a timer on your remote. Does a timer actually change the channels? Mine doesn't. I can't see why your Grandpa would want to strangle you with your blanket, maybe you are attributing to much to the spiritual but the other things that you have experienced, maybe they are your Grandpa, who knows?
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-21)
I have something similar to that. When I'm listening to music sometimes my cd player will just turn off. Most of the time though, the songs always get changed. I'll be listening and song will skip to another one and it will keep doing this until is finally turns off or the cd will change. Bugs the crap out of me.
Nightgoddess ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-21)
Odd, bluefox3, when we hit guide on our remote, it seems to settle on a channel also. However, the reason behind that is that I have just been procrastinating buying the new batteries that I know the remote needs.
Often times, in my sleep, I seem to pull the covers up as high as they can go, and end up covering myself completely. The body heat from being "closed inside the burrito like blanket" does feel as if I am smothering, and usually THAT is what wakes me up.
Sometimes we WANT to see or experience something so badly, that we see things that are only what we would LIKE to see. Even if it is something that scares us, we WANT to see the paranormal, so it "appears" to us. It sometimes is a difficult thing to determine if something is "normal" or "paranormal", but with time that fine line gets a bit wider and our understanding becomes greater.
Thank you.
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-21)
Sometimes when I get woke up from a good sleep I can actually see the mouths on pictures on the wall move like they are talking to me. I can see shadows move around in my room to. Maybe your Mom is right about the timer.
killingkilgore (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
I also think it may be your imagination getting the best of you. Not to say I don't believe you, but I would just calm down a little and look at things more closely. I remember when I was younger I was watching t.v. And the channels started chaging like crazy! It scared me to death. After a further investigation I realized it was just a case of sticky fingers on the remote and the buttons got stuck. So stay brave and investigate things a little closer and maybe things will start to make more sense.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
Not getting enough sleep can cause you to hallucinate. I know I tend to become a little paranoid when I'm up late and watching a scary movie, I might even imagine shadows lurking in the corner. It's just your body's way of telling you to get to sleep. As far as your morning experience, well, I think you were still a bit groggy from sleeping. I don't think you have much to worry about. Good luck.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
Hello bluefox3. I know that you're scared but the only thing remotely paranormal is the face you saw. Even the face can be explained as you not being fully awake. It would seem that your imagination just gets out of control and you wind up letting your fear get the best of you. I use to be the same way but with practice you can learn to keep everything in perspective. Take Care.

--FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
First, I am not saying that I do not believe you, however, I do believe that you had what may have been a frightening encounter and this made you scared and uncomfortable, so when these other logical incidents occured that are easily explainable by other reasons and as you were already frightened, they became higthened to you. Try taking a deep breath anbd looking for logical reasons for some of your occurances and incidents.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
Well there can be things expained hear. If a person gets really scared and starts saying its a ghost or something then usually it isnt. Most things can be explained. You should think a little more sceptical and you will see that most things could be explained. I know its hard not to be scared of something. But try to explain it in a normal way. But if thaty doesn't work, well there might be something in your house. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: