You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: My Childhood Ghost Stories

Real Ghost Stories

My Childhood Ghost Stories

 

Here are two of my ghost stories that happened during my childhood days in our province. I actually have several stories but I have to post it several times so you won't get bored reading my long stories. But first, pardon me if I will commit syntax errors, I'm not that good writing in English.

Both stories happened when I was still living in the province with my parents, circa 1980's. I used to live in a sleepy little barrio, an hour away from the big city. Back in 1980's only few privileged families has electricity in their home, and we belong to the less fortunate who couldn't afford to have one installed in our small house so at night, we use oil lamps as light.

One of our neighbors, the only family who had a television set around the neighborhood, would allow us to watch TV with them every time there are good shows or movies. So one night, me and my uncle went to our neighbor's house to watch a movie. The moon is full and the night is very bright so we don't need to carry a flashlight to light our way.

After the movie was finished, we went home (that time, my uncle was still staying with us). When I went to bed, the lights were already off but the moonbeam is seeping through our windowpanes so it's kind of bright inside my room. When I was about to sleep, I noticed a strange black thing beside my bed so I looked closer. It was a black, hairy hands with red long finger nails and it just seems to be resting just where I could see it! I felt afraid but at the same time, I was curious. I resisted myself to peek under my bed thinking I might see things I don't want to see, so I just moved farther from the hand and crawled under my blanket. When I woke up, it was already morning and the hand is gone. I never told anyone about this.

My second story happened maybe just a few months after the previous one. It was one moonless night and my father asked me to buy him some cigarettes from the only sari-sari store located a few houses away from our house. It was a pitch black night but since I know my way by heart, I didn't bring a flashlight. I was still in our front yard when I stepped on some loose stones so I fell face down. I was about to get up when just right in front of my face, I saw a smoke forming in shape of a dog. I couldn't believe my eyes because I'm sure that I'm all alone in that area.

Again, I felt so afraid. I wanted to go back home but not wanting to get my father angry, I bravely stood up (although my knees were shaking from fear) and ran towards the store. When I went back home, I ran as fast as I can so that I will not see that entity or whatever it was again.

Other hauntings by chinchai

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chinchai, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
Chinchai thanks for the story. I used to work as a security guard at night. One of the posts I worked at sometimes was a little guard shack that was located outside of a rich gated community. I was playing on my computer sitting at a desk when I saw this white slender hand rest on top of my mine and I could actually feel the touch of the hand! It was female and I looked up and there was a woman in a dress standing behind me reflected in the big window in front of me. She smiled at me and disappeared. The hand touched my hand a couple more times that night and I saw it and it would disappear. I was not scared at all because it was very gentle and she felt like a kind spirit.

--Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
ghostreasercher0100 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
ummm...okay,um, wow. That kind of reminded me about Micheal Jackson's song Thriller. (not the dog, but the hand. Do you think it was a female's hand, or males?) lol I agree with rhodes but instead of running I would have hit it with my pillow then hid under the covers. Please reply back!
❤,
ghostreasercher 😊
real2all1 (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
I too have had many iteresting events go on in my life. Not recently but as growing up, yes many. Remember the more you learn the better off you are. Learn about everything you can. All types of spirits, ghosts, entites, etc...
Sunflower_field (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
You've got some interesting story there (and scary too)

Actually, what a coincidence that I've got the same experience as you about the hand. Though the one I saw just a normal human hand (and I think it was a woman's hand, because the fingers look more slender and long). Those hands weren't nice too since they tried to grab me and dragged me by my head (because I was peeking over the bed side to see what it was 😨) into the ground. Luckily I managed to pull myself away from them just in time and watched them 'retreating' (moved across the room and just went through the door)

I was around 8yrs old when that happened, and seriously, I couldn't fall asleep at all and I kept myself awake until 5am where my mom usually checked on me (yeah, when I was a kid I slept by myself on this huge room that used to be the main bedroom. When my parents renovated the house, they moved the main bedroom to the second floor, so I got the huge room for myself lol) It's a wonder for you to sleep even though you knew there's something with you in the room 😲 (I couldn't sleep for 3 days after what happened to me)
eivOj (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
the experience would have had me running for my dear life... 😕 anyway, how old were you then?
muahh (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-30)
interesting stories you have ma'am 😁

i have to agree with the other comments... I could've died if I were to see that claw sitting right next to me! I mean it can probably cut me into pieces with just one slash 😨

Err... Don't you think it was just like a stuffed toy you have that looked like a scary thing because it was dark then?

**I do hope they open the submit link soon... 😢
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
Chinchai,
OMG!
There is ABSOLUTELY no way in Gods creation I would be able to sleep with ANYthing unknown resting on my matress or even near my bed! No way! I would have run for my life (as I have done in the past) or screamed (as I have done in the past) but I know there is NO WAY I would have slept on that bed that night (probably any other nights at all.)

I know you stated that you feel this entity on your bed and the dog in your yard are two seperate entities, but... How do you know for sure? It sounds like to very similar type occurances and it sounds as if both were meant for you to witness them. It is possible, as whitebuffalo pointed out this is the same being shifting its shape and size.

Pray, pray, pray.

I look forward to hearing more of your stories!
God Bless!
chinchai (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
Hi All,

Unfortunately, I can't post my other stories as of the moment because the moderator disabled the submission process due to overloaded stories for posting. Will just check the web from time to time to see if I can go through. Can't wait to post my again!

Chinchai
chinchai (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Hi All,

Well, it's understandable that each of you had different reaction regarding my stories. Actually, I think it was stupid of me to just turn my back and sleep all the way: ) Anyways, thank you everyone for a very warm welcome. Yup, I'll post additional stories for you all to read.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Chinchai
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Hi Chinchai. I wondered how you fell asleep so fast but I did the same thing to. I did see something in my room a couple of years ago and I was so scared I couldn't think of anything to do so I to hid under my blanckest. Its really dumb but I couldn't think of anything. So I have to say that I understand you perfectly. Your english is great. So don't worry about it. I hope you post your next story soon. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Thank you, chinchai, for your quick response.
That is odd, then. I was almost under the impression that they were the same entity only shape shifting to get your attention. I, too, would not have leaned over the bed to look beneath it. How interesting, again, thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Chinchai thanks for replying despite the fact that a few people wouldn't bother coming back to defend their stories.

I guess trying not to show fear is the wisest thing and turning to your fate to seek comfort and protection is understandable. My problem with your story is that you managed to sleep at the end but, then again, people tend to react in very different ways, not always understood by others. I suppose it's not impossible.

Hope that has cleared things up.

I hope you will be posting the rest of your stories soon. 😊
chinchai (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Dear whitebuffallo,

Thank you for reading my stories.

It's just the hand that I saw and yes, I actually assumed or think that it is connected to a body or something under my bed but I was too afraid to investigate further because I don't want to see more frightening thing or whatever that is. By the way, don't have a dog that time.

The misty dog, I think that was a different entity.

Hi rhodes68,

Actually, I was very, very afraid that time, but I don't want my fear to take over me plus I believe that the entity is just testing me so I don't want it to know that I was afraid believing that it will surely hunt regularly if I will any show fear. And the only consolation I have that time is I prayed very hard and convinced myself that God is with me, protecting me from that ugly creature. Besides, my parents doesn't believe in such things even when there are some stories circulating within our neighborhood that there is indeed some dark entities dwelling in our home due to some unexplained events happening in our family. Later, I will again post several stories about those events.

Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Hello chinchai,
Welcome to our site.
I would say, from your description of the hand, that you assumed there was the rest of the body present under your bed. Did you see the arm connected to the hand, or was it just a hand that you saw? I, too wonder at being able to fall asleep with that much fear clutching at my heart, but...
The misty dog that you encountered on your trek to the store for your Dad is interesting also. Do you have wild dogs in the area? Did you at one point own a dog?
Thank you.
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-23)
lmao I agree with rhodes68 if I were you I would of jumped outta bed and ran to my parents room
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-23)
Pardon my question but you saw a black hand with red nails on your bed and instead of fleeing for your life you SLEPT? I would have been seriously pissed if I were the hand! I mean, can you seriously drift into a sleep stage knowing that there's a hand where it shouldn't be?!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: