You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Young Girl Appears When I Bathe my Son

Real Ghost Stories

Young Girl Appears When I Bathe my Son

 

I myself do not believe in ghosts, I don't know why, I just think some things aren't possible. To my surprise one day, my Mum asked me if I would like her to take my daughter away on holiday with her for a week. I asked my husband and we decided yes, as we wouldn't be able to afford a holiday, I had just had another baby so we would have to wait.

So in August 2007 my 5 year old daughter, with her long blonde hair, left our house in Northfield, Birmingham UK to go away to the Lake District with my Mum, my Step dad and my younger sister.

Nothing in particular struck me at first, my husband went to work as usual, leaving me with my baby. About the third day into my daughters absence I noticed a little girl in my house. I was bathing my baby, roughly 5pm, and it was only us two in the house along with my 2 cats. I have a black cat and a grey and white one. Behind me as I'm bending over the bath is my bedroom and the baby's bedroom.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a figure come from the stairs (as if they had just climbed them) and walked straight across behind me towards either my bedroom or the baby's, I can't be sure which room she went in as when I turned around she wasn't there, so I assumed that it was my black cat infused with my imagination (this is what I told myself). This little girl was about 7 years old, long dark hair, and wearing what I can only describe as a dark old fashioned dress. Not black, but a green or navy dress. Almost Victorian. When going downstairs I see my black cat fast asleep under a tree in the garden, my other cat sleeping on the sofa. I thought nothing more of it and went about my usual routine.

The next evening I bathed the baby again, as he had just started feeding himself so it was very messy. Just us two in the house again, but it was earlier, about 4pm. The exact same thing happened, I bent over the bath and this little girl walked from the staircase, behind me, and disappeared into one of 2 bedrooms. By this point I was thinking that it was just me being silly and missing my daughter. I had heard from her everyday so I knew she was ok.

I told my husband about what I thought I had seen and he got a little spooked, he believes more than I do, and things like that give him goose bumps. I told him not to be so silly and over react.

I didn't bath my son the next day, and I never saw her, not once.

The day my daughter was due home I got my son bathed and dressed, This time it was morning, he had his breakfast so it was about an 11am bath. Sure enough as I bent over the bath I saw her again! Doing the exact same thing, walking the exact same way, wearing the exact same thing. I got my son out of the bath and went downstairs. I heard creaking on my landing and assumed (again) it was my black cat, as he is rather large and heavy. He was in the garden playing with my other cat.

She only appeared when I was upstairs with my baby, she never came downstairs, I never saw her downstairs, not once. When my daughter got home I forgot about it, I tried to push it out of mind. Although I still hear the creaking, I haven't seen her since.

She is the opposite in colouring to my daughter, she has long dark hair, and is extremely pale. My daughter is pale but not dark haired. I couldn't see her eyes. Or any of her facial features, but her cheek showed she was caucasian. Her dress showed she's Victorian (maybe) I am very confused about it, and I don't want to disrespect her, should she be real. She hasn't done any harm, or made too much noise.

I would just love to know who she is and what she wants.

Other hauntings by Suprised

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Suprised, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
You seem to be really brave. I would be scared out of my wits if some ghost or residual haunting were to happen when I'm bathing my kid. Stay safe. Try some (religious or otherwise) cleansing methods in your house. Try Rookdygin's method (it is on his profile description). He'll be happy to share it with you. God bless.
jazminity (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
!...maybe she wants to take a bath, and she wants you to do it like your baby while your other daughter was away...
Fred_Figglehorn_fan (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Have you seen her since your daughter came back if not you might of missed your daughter so much that your mind made this little girl up it can happen ๐Ÿค”
ghostmedia (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
This is very interesting. Things like this have happened to me before. I don't think you need to get rid of the spirit as it is not harming anyone, but if you do want it to go, close your eyes (remember to keep them closed) and say this: 'Spirit, leave this house.' You wil know that it worked if you feel your being watched and then you start to go cold. I hope this helps.
If you want any more help then visit http://www.ghostmedia.webs.com and join and post a message on the forum, I'll be happy to help. ๐Ÿ˜†
Mowsekins (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
I have only just found this site and your story so you may not see this now - why don't you try bathing your baby (quite a lot bigger now I guess) downstairs to see if she follows - worth a try.
Idate_Hatake (3 posts)
-2
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Maybe she just likes baby boys ๐Ÿ˜† Maybe she's perverted ๐Ÿ˜† Lol, but really, I have no idea ๐Ÿ˜•
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
when my aunty lived quite close to Birmingham (Wolverhampton) she said that a few of her friends were experiencing quite weird things in their houses not frequent but enough to spook them out maybe its quite a haunted area ๐Ÿ˜Š
discodevil (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-20)
great story! That is pretty weird how you only saw her when you were bathing your son. It would be very interesting to find out the history of that house. ๐Ÿ˜Š
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
Suprised,
Welcome to the site and thank you for taking time to share your encounters with us and for participating in the discussion.

I believe from your accounting of events this is a residual haunting.

Just because it is residual does not mean you can not hear them, see them, smell, them, etc. It simply means they are not aware of what you are doing, nor could they care less as to what you are doing. The haunting is the result of some past event, for what ever reason during the event, it left an imprint in the fabric of time that continually repeats at some specific spacing of time intervals. That is the easiest way for me to understand what they are and why, The specific event that leaves these residual hauntings may never be known to those experincing the haunting, but are indeed real.

I look forward to hearing more of your encounters. Keep us posted.

God Bless!
Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
I enjoyed reading your story. Once you where not a believer and now you are. I think that the little girl once lived there and it seems to me like she has a connection with you. Maybe because you are a mother and she could be curious about you. Even if your house isn't that old it is the land. Have you done any research on your home? It may help. Thank you for your story. ๐Ÿ˜
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Hello again, Surprised.
This is a bit hard to explain, but then again, aren't all of these experiences? You asked why it is that you can hear the creaking stairs if this may be a residual haunting.
Through just my experiences and those of my daughter I would have to say that the noises that seem to go along with the sighting are indeed part of the residual haunting.
There was a time, in one of our former homes, that my daughter knew that a woman and her child were coming as she heard the door move open (she had thick carpeting in her bedroom and the door tended to drag across it to open). My daughter knew it was time to leave the room as some pretty freaky stuff was about to be shown.
In the middle of the night, in the same home, if she would hear the closet shaking slightly, she knew it was time to RUN out of the room and sleep on the couch or in my bed.
These instances did not happen every night. They DID do the same things every time. The noises were ALWAYS with the sight.
Thank you.
Tmetsfan31 (3 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Interesting, very interesting. This ghost knows (obviously) that you have a baby and a little girl. SHe sees that (I am sure) they love you, and that you treat them wonderfully, possibly even spoil them, as all parents try to do ๐Ÿ˜. It is possible she died in your house and she didn't have a good family backround. She may see you as a mother figure, but may be to shy to let you know, she could be afraid of too much rejection, and she could be to weak to completely maifest herself to you or anyone. I reccomend tending to this matter as soon as possible, since if you ignore her, it could anger her, causing her to hurt your baby, your daughter, your husband, and most likely, even you.
May God Be With You,
Tmetsfan31 AKA Tanis
Tmetsfan31 [at] aim In case you want to talk (seeing as I wouldn't mind)
PS: "Those who want, never recieve, though those who don't, always recieve". Yoy are sceptical and don't want this. So you have recieved.
Suprised (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
If this is a residual haunting then why do I hear the creaking? Is that also part of a residual haunting?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
I think this is a hard time for you now. I know its hard for you not knowing what to believe in. But in time you will answer the question. There are so many things that can not be explained. That depeneds on your faith. In time you will know what to believe in. Try praying or telling the ghost firmly to leave you alone. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Suprised (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
My sister-in-law likes to think she is psychic. She came over on Easter Sunday to give the children their eggs. She said she felt the presence of a little girl, BUT she was blonde and wearing a pink party dress. That she meant me no harm and liked my company, she feels comfortable with me. Safe. I don't know what I am supposed to believe. I DO know that she wasn't blonde though.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
For some reason I think this is a residual haunting. The entity is doing the same thing over and over so that's probably that. I know this is hard for you being sceptical and seeing these things. Until you don't see her eye to eye you won't be a believer. And in some cases that's a good thing ๐Ÿ˜.Try praying. I bet this ghost is more of a visitor and soon will be gone. So you shouldnt worry about it. But if anything more strange things start let us know. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Hello Suprised,
I am finding this hard to picture. In all three times that you saw the black haired Victorian girl, was she doing exactly the same thing each and every time? It sounds like that is what you were describing, I just am trying to visualize. In the fourth to last paragraph you do say "Doing the exact same thing, walking the exact same way, wearing the exact same thing..."
If NOTHING varies in what she is doing, she would be classified as a residual haunting, and I would not worry overly about it, as there is no ghost present, just the vision of her recorded on the fabric of the atmosphere of your home.
What strikes me as odd, though is that she is in Victorian dress (Or so you would assume) and not in the garb of the 1940's or 50's. I would have to say that means there was some other building in the place of your home many years ago. (only as you say you ONLY see her upstairs and NOT downstairs.) There would have to be a reason for her being upstairs, and not at ground level.
I would have to submit this thought. In the absence of your daughter who took a holiday with her grandparents, you still were in Momma mode. When I am in that thought pattern, if I see something out of the corner of my eye, I generally think it is one of the other kids and check it out just to see what they are trying to "pull". I would think the reason you could see her then, and not previously, was because of the absence of your first child. (In short, your Momma workload was cut in half, and you were not quite as busy as you had been a few days ago. You were simply in the right frame of mind to see what had been going on, as you were too busy to acknowledge before)
There is nothing to fear in a residual haunting. It is simply a "movie" and eventually they fade away.
Thank you.
Suprised (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
I am skeptical, I will admit that. I guess I am trying to reason with myself more than actually believe that these things are real. Take last Sunday for example, I could swear I could see my mother in laws dog pacing back and forth the patio windows (which he used to do to come in) but again, I haven't said anything. Its all very strange to me. Thank you for your comments. I have tried to research the house but the internet is no help, and neither are my neighbours. Although the houses werent built until 1940/50 and this little girl is older than that.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-23)
Hi Suprised. Whether you claim to be a skeptic or not doesn't seem to matter since you tell us you have seen her more than once and you're curious. Tell this poor girl that she has passed, died, she might not even realize it. Tell her about the loved ones looking for her, waiting to help her make a smooth transition to the place where she will find love and peace. She doesn't seem harmful in any way, she seems lost and as curious about you as you are of her. Maybe she is wondering why she keeps seeing the 'ghost' of you and your baby? I don't think there is anything to worry about. If you can research the land and house, that could give you some great insight into who she may be and why she's still around. It will help when you gently urge her to pass over if you can be more personal when you do it.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-23)
Surprised, hi. I read your story carefully but I'm still puzzled as to how you feel. I mean, you seem to be more than sceptical about the validity of what you've experienced up to the point where you're in complete denial. You have seen her as you claim more than once, clearly enough to describe her but then you brush it off as nothing while you still hear her moving about. You claim you don't believe in ghosts but, at the same time, you want to know who she is and search for answers about her intentions... Maybe you don't want to accept the fact that you're beginning to believe? ๐Ÿ˜Š

I wouldn't suggest that her intentions are anything more than curiosity as you can never be sure until you have encountered her again. Then again, your country, is rich in history and for that, I find it quite possible that some trace of the old world is left behind. She seems to show interest when you bathe your baby and maybe that's all there is to it but, I would search into the history of the house. She might be drawn to you and the baby but she might also be drawn to the house itself. Maybe she needs help to cross over although that is something I would let the more experienced posters judge.

It would be interesting to see if she will show up again soon.
Well, I'll be looking forward to your update.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: