You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Glowing Nurse Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

Glowing Nurse Apparition

 

I was in the hospital after the birth of my first child. In the wee hours, just before sunrise, I opened my eyes just a little and saw about five inches of an almost glowing white dress. Assuming it was a nurse's uniform, I laid there waiting on her to attend to me with either taking my temperature, blood pressure, blood; something. (It was back in the day when your chart was on a clipboard at the foot of your bed or on the wall at the foot of your bed.)

A couple of minutes past and I started to wonder what was taking her so long to jet to me, but brushed it off as she was checking my chart or straightening my bedside table, maybe making sure there was water in my little picture, but I heard nothing. After about what seemed like 15 minutes, I opened my eyes and no one was there.

A few minutes later, in comes the nurse. She has on white pants (nowhere near the white I saw earlier) and a colorful scrub top. She wanted to take my temp and blood pressure.

"Oh, I saw someone in a white dress in here earlier..."

It'd just me and her. "You'll have a different nurse tomorrow night, I have the night off. Her name is Sheryl, she's nice, everyone likes her. I'll see you the following night if you're still here. Have a good day, you have a beautiful baby."

"Thank you, enjoy your day off."

Then she left.

Other hauntings by chelleck

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chelleck, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Preeti (100 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-10-13)
Angel your baby is god gifted with some supernatural powers or something... Its true here in india also several cases are there... Protect your baby everytime from ad things... God is with you

God bless you
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
whitebuffalo and ChrisB,

You know I never thought that a nurse may be lingering from another dimention. Thank you for reading.
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
WHATZITTOYA,

Sorry you missed it, the nurse was saying that there was no one there in a white dress. It was two nurses assigned to two different wings on the floor.
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
killingkilgore,

The nurse did not say it may have been another nurse on a different shift. She said that the only nurses on duty was her and one other nurse that was assigned to the other wing, and that she did not have on a white dress.

Then she said that she would be off the next night and there would be a different nurse then.

I still think the story may qualify as a
ghost story, and thank you for reading it.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
I think there is a ghost nurse in just about every hospital or nursing home. My one friend who is a nurse did see the ghost nurse in white that was legend in the place she worked. She always thought they were just joshing with her being that she worked graveyard shift and it can get creepy especially when the place you are working in is old to begin with and seems to have many dark corners and hallways. Then the one night she saw her. She allowed the 2 aids that worked with her to go on break together so she was doing stuff at the nurse's station and watching for the call lights if they came on. One patient was in very bad shape and wasn't expected to last long so she was checking on her a lot that night. So while at the desk she sees this woman in a white uniform but kind of hazy go into the room of the woman that wasn't expected to make it and up off the chair she goes to see what the heck was up. Anyone coming onto her floor would have to pass the nurse's station and she knew no one had come back from break yet and if it had been another nurse from another floor she still would have had to pass the nurses station first. She did say that the nurse had on a nurse's hat like the ones they wore long ago and her uniform was longer than most dress uniforms today. So of course she goes into the room and no one but the patient is there and after checking the lady she knew she had passed away. When the aids got back she told her story and one of them that had been there a long time said oh yeah that's the Lady in White that always shows up when someone dies in the wee hours. Needless to say she didn't stay at that place but a year or so.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
WhiteBuffalo said it all. There is nothing more haunted then a hospital. So many feelings and emotions just in one place. A haunted house can have a couple of ghost. But a hospital? Who knows? Thak you for sharring your story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
killingkilgore (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Hi chelleck. Congratulations on your baby! Though in regard to your story, nothing here really says paranormal to me. You say it was before sunrise, and you opened your eyes only a little and saw only a small part of what you think was a white dress. This could have been attributed to many things. Eyes love to play tricks on you, expecially when first waking up in the morning. Then you say the other nurse only aknowledged that the person you saw may have been a nurse on a different shift. Sorry, but I wouldn't say this qualifies as a ghost story. Thanks for sharing though 😊
WHATZITTOYA (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
I think I miss the whole story. You mention that you seen a lady in a white nurse uniform. And I quote" It'd just me and her. "You'll have a different nurse tomorrow night, I have the night off. Her name is Sheryl, she's nice, everyone likes her. I'll see you the following night if you're still here. Have a good day, you have a beautiful baby..."

"Thank you, enjoy your day off..."

Then she left.

What am I missing did the nurse say there was no one there but the two of you. And what kind of drugs had they give you after having a baby (congrads by the way).
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Hospitals, I feel, are just "crawling" with the Unknown. I mean, think about it. Where else do you have the combination of joy, pain, unhappiness, depression, exhaustion, frustration, anger and love just pouring out of each and every room?
I would say that it is highly probable that a nurse who so loved caring for others would remain in the one place that she could still do that, back at her old job. How nice that you had an extra watcher.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: