You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Daring Spirits with a Ouija Board

Real Ghost Stories

Daring Spirits with a Ouija Board

 

My experience happened about six months ago and after it happened, I stopped using a Ouija board immediately and this story is true. I'm sixteen just so you know and my friend Britney is seventeen. We were at her house one night, she lives about two minutes away, I could walk if I wanted too. It was really dark outside and I brought over a Ouija board. I never played with one before and I heard a lot about evil things coming from within the board so I figured let's have some fun and see if you can really talk to spirits.

We pulled out blankets and sat on our sleeping bags, mind you, we were in her basement, and we turned off all the lights to play. At first we were afraid to play, but we figured we'd give it a try. Now I can't remember much of what happened, but everything I'm about to explain did happen.

We put our hands on the glass pointer and asked if any spirits were around. At first, nothing, and we kept asking the same question over and over, then it moved to yes. We were freaking out, but in a exciting way. We asked the spirit if it was a male or female and it said a male. Britney asked the spirit if he knew me or her well. And it said yes. I asked it if it was my guardian angel and it moved to yes.

Then after that question, the lights were flickering on and off. Me and Britney were really scared, but we just were too afraid to move so we kept playing. We asked it a bunch of questions, if it knew my grandma and it said yes. Then we started doubting this 'spirit', we asked if it could do something to prove it was really a spirit.

I called my boyfriend Steve up on my cell phone and asked him to touch a random part of his body and not to tell me what he's touching, he questioned why, but I didn't tell him what was going on because he doesn't believe in any of this stuff, so I told him to just do it. I then asked the spirit to tell me what my boyfriend was touching on his body. The letters right foot was spelled out. I asked my boyfriend if he was touching his right foot and he was like "yeah, why what's going on?" And I began to freak out.

I told my boyfriend what was going on, but while I was on the phone with him, a screeching sound came across and I could barely hear him. I just told him I'd call him back later and got back to the game. We played for about four hours that night and went to bed.

The next day, me and Britney woke up and walked over to my house to eat since her house didn't have any food. We came in my house and brought the Ouija board with us because we were amazed by this. It was like we were addicted to playing, once we came to my house we sat on the floor and asked if there were any spirits in the room and it said yes. Then we asked it if it was the same spirit from last night and it said yes again. Then we asked it if it could hide or lose something that we both know very well because we were still not convinced that this was a spirit. It said yes and nothing happened so we stopped playing, but then an hour later my dad came in from the door with groceries and he looked mad.

I asked him what was wrong and he said our basketball goal is missing. And I was shocked because me and Britney didn't see anyone go by my house while we were running around the house. I mean our basketball goal was planted in the ground by our garage and our neighbors would never steal from us, also we live in a great neighborhood and nothing ever was stolen.

After the disappearance of the basketball goal, I've stopped playing the Ouija board. My friend Britney still plays and it seems like she has changed over the past couple of months, she keeps telling me to play again, but I never do. For anyone who is thinking about playing with a Ouija board, I urge you to just forget about it.

Other hauntings by bigred101

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bigred101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Yasmeene (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
It was defenetly not a guardian angel. Guardian agels don't comunicate the same as spirits do, especially through a uija board. They don't communicate with words unless it is their name, and they only make their presence known.
animefreak (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
I haven't read through the comments because there's just so many 😆 so sorry if I repeat something someone has all ready said.

I think its a demon because demons are very good liars and can often trick you into believing its someonle like your gaurdian angel.
ibelieve101 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
ouiji boards arent dangerous if you know what your dealing with, you could get any information by having a commanding voice and learn how to control your fear, I have been a demonologist for about 30 years and I always use ouiji boards to crack most of my cases, fear is an illusion that everyone could overcome, I'm not encouraging you to play it I'm just simply saying you shouldnt be scared, you could maybe even find out where your basketball goal went
Bloodmoondream (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
um. That's kind of stupid. Playing with a Ouija Board! They are not cool! I play with tarantulas, snakes and get in fist fights, but nothing has scared me except a Ouija Board! Please stop your friend from playing with it!

Sincerely, The Blood Moon Dream
JoeySchonknecht (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-29)
to poltergist45:
True it may not have been her guardian angle, but that doesn't automaticaly make it a demon. Just because they used a ouija board doesn't mean you should assume the worst. Granit, it is weird that her friend is acting different, but that's also life. People do change. Not to mention there was no signs of it being a demon. It could have just been something "playing" with her. Granit, their sence of humor isn't exactly on our level of "funny", but they do still have one none the less, funny to us or not.
JoeySchonknecht (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-29)
wait wait wait. So let me get this straight. You ask it to do something and it does it, so you punish it by never using it again? Why? You wanted proof and you got it. Then, you quit? Again, why?
mystia (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
The neighbors daughter does not actually
Live there either. Her Father and Grandmother live there and she visits.
She lives with her Mother and Step Father
In Florida. They had a very big, huge mansion home they lived in. She would brag about it all the time. But we don't care.
You should be friends with someone because
You want to, Not because of what they live in or have. Anyway I thought it interesting to note; Her big Mansion Home Burned down completely a few months after I told her
Not to play the ouija, but I suspected that she went home and did it anyway.
Then her house Burned down. No one was hurt.
No one was home at the time. They just drove
Up to Nothing and in shock that it burned down. They lived so far off the road that
No one knew it was burning down.
I wonder if Her playing the Ouija had
Anything to do with it Burning down.
Maybe she contacted something bad.
mystia (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
So you and your friend stopped talking.
I wonder if that's what happened to my neighbors daughter. My daughter and her
Played and talked all the time. Until the
Neighbors daughter tried to make a home
Made ouija board at my house. I told her
No, it was not allowed at my house. And my
Daughter was not allowed to play it either.
They were both 11 years old at the time.
Well she went home and never came over again. She just stopped talking to my daughter. That was two years ago. Now they are 13 and still don't talk to each other.
The neighbors daughter acts really hateful
And gave some dirty hateful looks toward us
A few weeks ago. But never talks to us.
I wonder what happened? Maybe she continued
With the ouija on her own and became bad.
Maybe the ouija lied and told her bad things about us that are not true.
Just a guess. She don't act right, now.
Nady911 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
This reminds me that when I was about nine or ten years old, I knew what a ouija board was and I found a whole stack of them at KB Toys. I got pissed and carried one to a worker and asked him, "Why are you selling this?!?!" (lol) all he responded was, "It's not for little girls." Or something like that.
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
You said the lights were flickering, but before that you said the lights were turned out. 😕
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
The change seen in the friend who's still using the board is a significant statement.
Food for thought for someone thinking of using it.
This story has a very mild conclusion compared with several million others.
Looks as if bigred101 has been fortunate.
Interesting personal decision at the end.
hyperboy (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
what I say is spirits good or bad even demonic they just want to be left alone and the ouija board is something that should be ok if you do not dare it for if you do the conseqwences shall be dire so for by all means its ok when you do it in the light as in doing it outside on your porch.
Shestoscary (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
I'd like to say that Ouija's are fake, but with this story, I cannot, I am strangely addicted like your friend, Britney, (my name is Brittany Also). Sometimes your mind will move sometimes it wont. In this story, it seems, like your mind WAS NOT moving the Planchette (mover, pointer)! ❤ Shestoscary
OceanxGoddess135 (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
My friend MusicIsLife and I also became addicted to the strange and demonic conjurings of the Ouija board too. I have also experienced the same screeching sounds like high-pitched static on my phone whenever I talk about the spirits.
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-18)
Well... I must say, it's not a smart thing to mess around with a ouija board. And you got off lucky. For sometime's evil spirit's will come threw. I urge your friend to STOP palying with it. Or she might catch a evil spirit or a demon.

~Gejro
demonologist134 (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
I will tell you that what you are experiencing is real. From one plane or the other, it is a real experience. You must suspend your use, and atone for it. Your friend must stop as well. You are both linked because you started this together. You have to stop this all together and find out what you are getting into. Flutterofwings is actually exactly correct.
nigheanruadh (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
You're not alone, Tonith! I own a ouija board and have also never been able to make it "work". Even when I was little, the only reason the planchette ever moved was because one of my older cousins was pushing it ever so slightly to try to scare us. I also agree that if you do manage to get it to really "work", it is your subconscious that is spelling out the answers.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
It must be me because I have owned a ouija board for many many years and have had little to no luck in making it work. Seems to me that teens have more weird things happen with them than adults. I am not convinced by any stretch that they are little more than a toy that reflects your own subconcious. Now don't start a lynching party on me folks, this is just my take on it.
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
well I don't talk to her anymore...i'm not sure if she is being possessed she's just been acting weird/strange when I ever do talk to her, not sure I'll look into that though
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
WOW 😠 it amazes me how people can buy ouija boards in the game section in toys r' us. But still I'm glad to hear that you stopped using the ouija board, but as for your friend Britney I'm afraid she needs help. You said she is still playing that ouija board and has been changing over the months, and to me that is a bad sign, and I'm almost positive that the "spirit" you talked to wasn't your guardian angel. More than likely that was a demon you were talking to, and just because it knew what part of your boyfriends body he was touching doesn't mean its a "nice" spirit.
Anyway as I was saying your friend needs help because if that was a demon you were talking to she could be in the early stages of possession. And once again another good reson NOT to play with ouija boards! 😠
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
No question, bigred101.
I was just thinking while typing.
I was thinking that I do the same thing at times. I need verification of something, and then use the one thing that seems to attract things anyway (electronics), I just thought it was interesting.
Thank you.
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
whitebuffalo, I still don't get what your question is? Lol can you clarify.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
The Ouji board. Very interesting and at the same time dangerous. I think you have heard it all if it comes to ouji boards. Thanks for sharring your story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Just a thought with the cell phone comment there. I mean, there you were checking out the Ouija, and you grab one of the things that ghosties seem to like to "play with" so that you could get verification. I know that what you were thinking at the time was that - ok, he is not here, he would not lie about what he is touching, let's find out if this is indeed true...
I just thought that was a bit interesting.
Thanks again.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
All the people that play with ouija boards, if they only knew, that once they open a "portal up" from that board, it is not just playing a game, but playing with your lives and others as well. So many of us has stated about having them. They are not a GAME but just danger waiting to happen. Do you still think they are fun to play with now?
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
well she wanted it and I told her about it and she didn't care. So I warned her that's all I can do...
babyfranz (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
bigred101, you gave it away? You should've threw it away or keep it somewhere rather than giving it to someone else. It's like you're spreading the bad luck. 😠
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Don't burn a ouija board I heard spirits/demons in the board will haunt you if you burn it or something like that... I gave mine away lol yeah I know that wasn't nice of me, but hey they wanted it
Josh (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
My mom tried an ouija board when she was younger with some friends. To this day, she refuses to watch scary movies, and tells me she doesn't think ghosts are real even though she has had an expereince. I tried it once and even though it didn't work, the scary thing about it was we threw it outside in a burning bin and the next day we found it under the couch! Brrrrr
babyfranz (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
bigred101,

Never ever mess up with ouija boards. You were pretty lucky that the spirit just "hid" your basketball goals and did not do any harm to you and your friend.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: