You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Are You Ready?

Real Ghost Stories

Are You Ready?

 

I was laying in bed one night when I was 7 (which seemed to be the peek of when I experienced paranormal phenomena) tossing and turning, completely unable to sleep. I rolled onto my stomach, covers half off my little body.

Just as I was beginning to doze off, I felt someone sitting on the end of my bed and heard it creaking. I assumed it was (again) my Mother coming to check on me like she frequently did.

I called out to her, but she never answered. I felt the pressure of what I assume to be a hand on my back. Then I could feel her leaning down next to my face. The soft voice was not that of my mother's.

"Are you ready?" She said. It as female, no doubt, but NOT Mom at all.

In fear I wretched the covers over my head, too afraid to move anymore and drifted off to sleep sometime later.

I asked my mother if it was her who had come into my room and said that, but she said no, then asked me what it said. I told her it asked me if I was ready. Ready for what we didn't know.

Sure enough the following Sunday... My Grandfather (who I was very close to) died in his sleep in his favorite arm chair. I never even got to say goodbye.

I guess my guardian angel was just trying to prepare and warn me.

Other hauntings by Vannarra

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vannarra, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
I would think, Vannarra, that had this woman been your guardian angel, she would have said a bit more than "Are you ready?". My feelings are more along the lines of a kindly Mother or Grandmother gently waking a child for the day.
As she sat on your bed, there was a closeness, more personal thought to the encounter. Regardless of the fact that she came to you in the middle of the night while you were supposed to be sleeping, she was gentle, spoke softly and right in the ear. (Do you recall which ear she whispered into?) The same way in which I wake my children in the morning if their internal alarms have not already gotten them out of bed.
I used to play "sleep greeter" with my son. I would sit on the edge of his bed, and rub his back until the thoughts that were swimming around in his head, preventing him from sleep, would slowly go away allowing him to relax. Most generally after a few minutes of the massage, his mind was calm enough for me to lay down beside him and cuddle him to sleep.
Is it possible that she were asking you if you were ready to stop tossing and turning and to drift off?
Thank you.
Vannarra (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
it's very possible that there is no connection at all, but I' no sure. It was a very convenient coincidence though. Yet, whether or not a connection, it still happened. It was gentle more than harsh. Soft, but clearly audible. I can't imagine what are you ready is supposed to mean. The world works in mysterious ways.
❤ -Vannarra
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
In what manner did the lady speak? Was it a gentle, comforting voice, or a more harsh tone?

I don't see how this lady could be your guardian angel. You didn't know then what she meant about being ready so in no way were you prepared for the death of your grandfather. It's possible that there may not be a connection at all.
xxbabyhannah (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
Sorry for your loss I lost my grandmother she died in her sleep and I miss her but some reason I feel shes watching over me
Vannarra (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
Thank you all very much for your comments.
Things around the house kind of calmed down after the death of my papa, but there were still the bumps in the night things like that. Did start to hear more whispering than usual I remember. And I'm 18 now so this was a little while back lol. Even though I still feel the void of papa not being here. I think my angel was just asking me if I was prepared and if not to get that way. Tragedies have never gone over well for me at all. And being so young, I think she knew that. I'm still doing my own investigations on the house. I'm finding out some very interesting facts about the place it was built and the woods around it.
Thank you so so much
❤ -Vannarra
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
😢 I'm sorry for your loss. I have had the same kind of experiance but instead of a gentle message all I got was a huge orb and a creepy shadow 😨. Anyway like you said, I think that was you guardian angel sending you a message. It must feel good knowing that there is always someone watching over and protecting you. ❤
babyfranz (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
My deepest sympathy to you. I was wondering what message (Are you ready?) that was though. Pretty creepy.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
I am very sorry for your loss.

I have a couple of questions. Have you had occurances since this one? How long ago was this for you?

God Bless!
Vannarra (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Thank both of you so much. I hope that my angel and Papa are both watching over me now. May yours always be with you. Both of you.
Thank you oh so very much
❤ -Vannarra
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Im very sorry that your granfather died. Maybe it was your guardian angel letting you know your grandfather was leaving. I liked your story. I hope to hear from you soon and tak care 😁
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, but I think it's very cute that your guardian angel would do that.
Take care,
Chrono 😳

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: