You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Unseen Danger?

Real Ghost Stories

Unseen Danger?

 

You might have read my other story about using a ouija board and nothing really big happened except my basketball goal disappearing. Well ever since I've stopped using the ouija board, every time I get out of the shower I feel dizzy like my eyes black out and I see darkness for a couple of seconds, the other day I tripped and fell because I couldn't see until I got out of the bathroom. And no I'm not drunk/on drugs or anything like that and my vision is well, I don't need glasses/contacts.

Other times in my house especially in my room it is FREEZING. I have to use four blankets on me to fall asleep. Also this happened a couple of nights ago, I was hanging out with my friend Sam, and we were watching tv and sometimes I get a cold chill then all of a sudden my arm starts to hurt really bad like it feels like someone is forcing their finger in my bone. And yes I've gone to the doctors and they said it's probably me being stressed, but what would I be stressed about? I never have anything I worry about even though I'm a teenager, I do worry about a couple of things, but nothing big.

Last night really creeped me out though, I just painted my room so I had to sleep in my living room, and I woke up around 3:30 a.m. It was pretty dark in my living room, yes I'm afraid of the dark, so I pulled the covers over my head and closed my eyes. Suddenly something whispered my name, it was a raspy voice and it said "Tanya!" Like it whispered to me, but it kind of screamed at me if you know what I mean. I was so afraid to move, I started to sweat because I was frightened and this is the first time I've heard something whispering my name. I have two older brothers, but one of them has moved out and the other one was at his friends house for the night.

My parents of course were in bed so it couldn't have been them. Also I have one of those water dispensers in my living room, its across from the couch I'm sleeping on. So after hearing that whisper, I froze and then heard, what I thought someone was using the knob to get water from the dispenser. I uncovered my head from the blanket and looked over thinking it was one of my parents, nothing was by the water dispenser, but the water kept bubbling, and no that's not normal, it only is suppose to bubble when someone is getting water. So yeah that freaked me out and I ran upstairs to my parents bedroom and slept on the floor.

So am I being haunted by something? Is it just my imagination because I have been reading a lot of these ghost/demon stories on this site, but I'm POSITIVE all of what I said has happened. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by bigred101

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bigred101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jmcgill (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
Well sweetie using a ouija board is (what one paranormal scientist claimed) a direct connection with evil. It does not bring any positive energies at all and possibly you brought something through that you did not put back. See a psychic and see what he/she has to say. It might help and maybe give you some answers other than health problems

Good luck. ❤
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-01)
Thanks to all of you who have commented about my situation, and I don't think I'm being haunted by anything. I think I just thought I was... I get paranoid very easily, still unsure about hearing the whisper though I swear it wasn't my imagination... Even though I just said I get paranoid.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Hello bigred101,
The next time you are at the doctor, I would see if you could get your blood pressure and your blood sugar tested. Just to make sure that the "numbers add up". While warm water and steam can cause the same dizzying disorientation, so do these things. They also cause a person to see abnormally out of the corner of the eye, or what can only be described as looking through a thin film of water.
Stress does cause unsubstantiated pains. Pain that you can find no cause of. Stress comes from everywhere. Not all stress is bad, even the good kinds of stress can cause physical problems. Poor circulation can cause pain and coldness to the extremities. Cold extremities can cause your entire body to feel cold.
I have a water cooler also. There are times, that for no reason at all, the bubbles start going as if the water has been displaced, and the sounds are just as if someone has poured a cup of water out of the cooler. All that seems to be happening is that the water is being routed into the cooling mechanism so that the cold is always cold, occasionally the hot water gets transferred and that is when the water level changes.
As for the whispering of your name. That could have been your imagination as you admit that reading the stories can seem to put you on edge. You are the only one to be able to tell if you truly heard your name, or if it could have had a "natural" cause.
Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Bigred,
(Great Name! I am in Nebraska, home of the Big Red Cornhuskers!)

Anyway, I do hope that you were able to go back and properly close all sessions with the ouijia board and if you have not doen so already, I am imploring you to destroy the ouijia board, PLEASE! There are directions on the web for proper destruction of a ouijia board.

I to, a long while ago, was naive regarding ouijia boards and figured since they sold the things at toy stores, what harm could there be? I also came into contact with some very ugly and demonic forces that came in through the portal opened by our ouijia board useage. I am not saying that this is what you have in your home, just that I would encourage closing any and all sessions with this board to close any and all portals.

After showering, if I keep the water to warm, I will get dizzy, nauseated and feel like I will fall, all the way to the point of having to sit down to collect myself. As rhodes68 mentioned, this is because of circulation in the body, a closed up room with a closed up shower stall and high temperatures. Try showering either with the door open for air circulation and definately alter the temperature of your water.

As far as the water dispenser, first of all is it attached to the refrigerator? I have never heard of having one of these in the living room, so I am a little bit confused.

It may have been a bit of imagination mixed with other occurances, only you can say for sure.

If you have future occurances or expeirnces, please keep us posted.

God Bless!
Upsideout (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Interesting story, and I think I can explain something about the waterdispenser. It could be hooked up to your refrigerator, because mine does that too, except I know its already hooked to my 'fridge. It starts pumping randomly day and night, but I'm not afraid of it because I know its just doing what my dad made it do. However, if it is nowhere near a refrigderator, I don't know what's causing it.
Try not to think about it. Freaking yourself out won't help you, but if somthing else DOES happen, don't do anything that youve seen characters do in horror movies. For some reason, they're all bimbos when it comes to self-preservation. 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Hi Tanya. Well somethings can be explained but others cant. I do think there is some activity going on in your home. I think time will tell you what's in there. Using the ouji board wasn't a good idea. There may have been a portal open and something crossed over. If you do see anything more please tell us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
bigred, your post-Ouija stories are good deterents for anyone who might even remotely be interested in using one of those "devil boards..." Please continue to keep us updated on your battle, and I will keep you in my prayers. In the meantime, it's not enough to simply "stop using" the Ouija. You need to RENOUNCE your use of it. Are you TRULY SORRY that you used it? Or are you actually somewhat entertained by the chaos it has brought to your life? If you're truly sorry and REALLY want these things to cease, you need to pray OUT LOUD for forgiveness (for conjuring these spirits) and for help to banish them. (BTW, I wouldn't worry about the water dispenser. Ours does the same thing.)
God's peace,
❤ Lisa
keekee404 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
Hi bigred! Like others may have said, it could be circulation problems when you get out of the shower (I experience that too) Also I used to read a lot of ghost stories on this site (Far more than I've posted on!) and I do get jumpy. Possibly this could be the cause of some things, but if someone whispered your name and the water turned on by itself it's probably spirit activity. Maybe it has something to do with the Ouija board? Best of luck to you!
HeatherO (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
Hi bigred,
I would agree that the shower is a circulation problem. I get that when I'm nervous and don't notice I'm holding my breath or if I'm standing for a long time. Take some deep breaths and make sure you're not standing in the same position the whole shower. As for the bubbler, I guess I've seen them bubble without someone using it before so I wouldn't worry about that. As for the whispering, I don't think I could explain that away. It sounds like you're really frightened. Try best as you can to figure out a source before getting too upset!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
Hi bigred and thanks for the post. You seem to be wondering if what you experience is your imagination since you've been reading all these stories. It could be that but who's to know for sure. You mentioned the fact that every time you take a shower, you seem to experience a moment of near blindness. It's quite possible that if the water is too hot or too cold, you're having some blood-circulation problem that can cause that reaction. Try to keep tha water temp look-warm and keep the bathroom door open next time to see if it happens again. As for the cooler, keep in mind that it's a piece of machinery and for that, there's always a chance of malfunction. Finally, if you've been getting all worked up by the stories you read, it's very possible that your imagination is working overtime. And yet, all that is just a speculation on my part. I cannot be sure that the events you described can be logically explained away, it's just how I function when something extraordinary happens, I try to rationalize it before asking further questions. I suppose you only know what state of mind you were in when what you describe happened so only you can really know how much of this can be the cause of your thought.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: