You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: An Old Lady's Voice

Real Ghost Stories

An Old Lady's Voice

 

I live in a nice sized town that is very historic, but not very often do you hear of a place being haunted. I never thought my new house was haunted, maybe the one we used to live in because it was old but the current house we live in is only about 20 years old. Not old at all! I think we're only the 3rd family to live here and I'm not saying my house is haunted but I did have a very odd experience.

One day my mom was at work and I was home alone. I love to stay home alone because I don't have to listen to anyone. So it was just me and my cat home. Well for a while I couldn't find my cat so I started calling her name and I heard an old ladies voice say "Yes?" I kind of freaked out but I told myself I was hearing things. I continued to call for my cat, I couldn't find her in my house.

Finally I heard the same voice say "WHAT!?" then I heard a meow... Ok so I was very confused. I finally found my cat under a table in my mom's bedroom, she was looking up at me all innocent and everything. I am basically refusing to think that my house is haunted because that's never happened before so is it that I can communicate with animals? I'm starting to think so.

So please leave me your comments. What do you think it is?

Other hauntings by SnowClaw

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SnowClaw, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-28)
I don't know about haunted, but I have heard several people mention having their voices called. I have been saved or warned several times and heeded the warnings and saw what would have happened if I had of went to the place I was headed or took a route I shouldn't have or didn't stop one time at a green light. It would have been my demise. One time years ago when I worked for a landscaper (he was quite old) I was out in the back property of a customer cutting gras while he was in the front yard a long ways away and out of site. The people weren't home and besides it was an elderly widow who could barely walk or speak very loud and I had a clear view in all directions around me and there was no one else. All of a sudden I heard a male voice say "Tony"... Like they knew me (if you know what I mean), and I thought, hmmm... Just hearing things, a couple of seconds later its said,"TONY!" louder like it meant hey I'm talking to you! I stopped the mower by letting go of the handle and with that model it dies automatically, and looked around. No one within seeing distance. I even turned around in a circle. I walked to the house and around to the front yard where I could hear my boss running a weed eater but barely, and stopped him and asked if he had called my name, I knew he hadn't because I wouldn't have heard him to begin with and no way could he have covered half a miles distance in the blink of an eye. He said no, so I told him what happened and he just said "yep, I've heard it before, as a matter of fact just last week I was out in the barn milking (his has milk cows he tends to before going to work each morning), and some one called my name just as plain as day out of the air in the barn." what'd you do? I asked. He said "I just said what Lord? And went back to my milking." I think I just said hmmm and went back to work but it still makes me wonder, that and other things I have experienced in my life. So many questions, interesting to say the least.
Piro (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
You are a cat whisperer. Try thinking of its favorite toy, and your cat playing with it. See if your cat goes and gets it.
SnowClaw (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
hey guys sorry if I'm sounding rude. The reason I'm not wanting to set up anything even though I don't think my house is haunted is because there is always a possibility no matter where you are and if something did show up I'd want to move out and I know my parents wouldn't move and I can't live with fear. Thanks for all of the ideas again. I'm thinking its just my imagination because it hasn't ever happened again.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
I'll say that 'voice' can be your imagination or you just heard a repeated history.

Don't try setting voice detectors in that house, the ghost migth absorb its battery power before you knew it.Besides,you wouldn't catch a sound in it since the ghost might have stayed quite and absorb the energy.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
I may be posting something that someone else has, as I have not read through the other comments, but what are the chances that you heard a neighbor talking and she had heard YOU yelling out for your cat? Depending on the proximity of the nearest building, even if all of the windows and doors are closed, it is possible to obtain a bleed through of voices from another building. Especially in places where the air is clear, after a rain, and in the middle of the night. But that could explain why the voice would seem impatient the second time it answered you.
I have no clue about the animal communication thing. Have never experienced it, and do not know one person who can talk to animals.
Thank you.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
I agree with ChrisB, to do the investigation of this house. To see what else you may be able to pick up. It may be explained in this manner. If not then perhaps the house could be haunted. Hope to hear back with you, about if you find anything else with this house going on.
killingkilgore (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
Hi Snowclaw, thanks for the story. I'm just curious because you ask what the readers may think is going on, yet you also say you refuse to believe that your house is haunted and shot down ChrisB's logical idea of setting up devices to find out where the voice came from. Is there a reason you don't want to do that? Just curious. It seems to me you're content on believing that you can communicate with your cat. Which is fine, I really know nothing about communicating with animals so, I can't say that it's true or not. Have you ever had any other experiences where you felt like you were communicating with an animal?
SnowClaw (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
No I was home alone so the windows werent open. My siblings don't live with me, no baby monitors. And sorry ChrisB but I'm not setting up recorders or video cameras. I get scared very easily and actually after reading some of these ghost stories on here, one night they kept popping into my head an di didn't sleep at all that night. It's been a few days since that and I'm find now though lol.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Hi Snowclaw, one day I was in my husband's bathroom when I could hear people and children talking. When I stood still and listened, I realized that it was my next door neighbors I was hearing through the vent. Is it possible that is what happened with you? Just a thought. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Jennifer ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
SnowClaw,
try to find ither explainations. Were the windows open? Were the neighbors out and about? Do you have any siblings that would tease you? Is there some type of baby monitor in the house?

Have there been any other occurances?

God Bless!
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
I agree with ChrisB but there's one thing I want to add.
It could be IF your house is haunted that the ghost came was originally in another house that was exactly where your house is standing, if you know what I mean.
My friends house was haunted, and his family built it, and were the first people that lived there. ❤
Take care.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Hi Snowclaw. I think you souldnt think that the house is haunted that fast. I think you might have heard somethings that can be explained. You should do a little investigation. Try recordings, video cameras and photo cameras. If you do find something let us know. You might not get anything for a while but sooner or later you might find the answer to your question. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: