You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: I Broke the First Rule of Ouija Boards

Real Ghost Stories

I Broke the First Rule of Ouija Boards

 

I'm beginning to believe that my house has a demon. I was stupid, and broke the first rule of ouija boards, and played alone. Nothing responded, but something was there. The air thickened, and my room became colder. Later on that night, my dad asked if I had heard something, and I had, but I wasn't sure what. I thought that maybe, I had heard my cat, on the roof.

Then there were footsteps, heavy ones, like an angered man, stomping across the roof. I was freaked out, and ran downstairs. I told my mom someone was on the roof. My dad grabbed his shotgun, went out onto the roof, and said,"Whoever it was, they got away..."

I was officially freaked. My dad, he's blind, but he said he saw a shadow jump down, and go into the woods. I went upstairs, locked all my doors and windows, and took the ouija board (mine was homemade and secrete since my mom doesn't allow them ever since she played with one as a child) folded it in half, put the planchette with it, and placed a paper clip on the side to keep it from coming open.

Later on that night, I waited for a while before trying to go to bed, and when I closed my eyes, I heard something growl, like a cat. I thought maybe Tootsie (my cat) had snuck into the house or something, but when I looked around, I couldn't find her. I closed my eyes again, and there was the growl. I was freaked out, and kept quiet about this with my parents, because if they ever found out, I'd be dead.

Other hauntings by Kahla

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kahla, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

K_marie82 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-04)
Pretty sure she found out the hard way that ouija boards are bad ideas and you're all just stating the freaking obvious by basically telling her she's dumb for having messed around with one... Well no duh! How about telling her something she doesn't know or something usefull instead of trying to play the paranormal expert when you're basically scolding her for what she obviously found out for herself? I'm just saying, a lot of people come here for help because they're scared and don't have anyone to turn to for this kind of stuff and a lot of people sound more interested in sounding like paranormal, superior know-it-alls than offering any genuinely insightful or helpful advice!
Kyo-the-Phoenix-of-Shadows (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-26)
Like stated below, you shouldn't have played with a Ouija board in the first place. I'm certain you had no real experience with fending off demons and ghosts before using it, unless you're dumb or brave, otherwise you'd not have messed with it. I've a few other posts on topics like this that I think you can access from my profile. Use them as reference. As usual, I will state now that religious beliefs and defenses, I'm sure, NEVER work.
After all, wishing for something doesn't let you get it.
Wraithlock (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-12)
First of all, as everyone has already stated, your first mistake was playing with the Ouija in the first place. No good comes from it. Second of all, lying to your parents only compounded the problem. Third, please specify how "blind" your father is, because a blind man with a shotgun if far more scary than a MIS or Evil Spirit.

To comment on other comments here, One, just because you are "psychic", doesn't mean you can fight a demon. Most of you, I noticed, are in your teens... That makes you inept at control out the gate; what with puberty, hormones, and daily crisis' of being a teenager. Why do you think Poltergeist activity is usually attributed to a teenage girl causing it to manifest? Your minds and bodies are going through a shock to the system, and until you are older, will never garner full control of your gifts. Even then, fighting a Demon will be out of your control for years afterwards.

Back to the OP, if you are still having issues, tell your parents. Leave out the fact that you used an Ouija board, if necessary, but tell them what you are experiencing. Adults are more inclined to get a professional to take care of things like this. Take care.
Yessibella (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
I found an article that comments on WIckedWitch2000's story about hearing voices from Hell. Here's the link:
Http://micheletravis.hubpages.com/hub/Is-Hell-In-the-center-of-the-earth-or-not
strangebird (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
I saw the screams from hell mentioned in this thread I was curious so I goggled it and this is what I found. Thought you guys might find it interesting http://youtu.be/uU2HFFCr71k
Shaw (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
just ignore what happens. Don't take it seriously. The more you get attentive the more they will be attracted.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
Kahla Ok first off that was an incredibly foolish thing to do. Ouija do not just comunicate between this world and others they open doors. However I am not here to lecture you on useing the board, I am here to offer my help Sage. Is a powerfull pruifying agent and is great for protection. First thing is first smudge yourself with the sage to protect yourself, second use the board to comunicate with the spirit and express your wish to stop comunication spell out goodbye with the board. Next use the sage to pruify the room and the board and finaly do not use that board again. 5/10 violent hauntings have been linked to a comunication with a ouij. Plus you never know who is responding please with any questions you may have

All luck to you
your freind
-The Puppeteer
Tunka (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
[at] ninja_chick --- I think what WickedWitch2000 is trying to say is that, let's say you live in a house, across that house is a graveyard. You hear thunder from the direction of that graveyard. Start over - Live in a different house -- let's say in Africa. You have a graveyard behind your house, you hear thunder coming from that direction. 😉

And, [at] WickedWith2000 --- Could you try giving us the link to wherever you found that Hell story? I'd really like to know where you got it as to whether it is true or just plain fictional.
Ninja-cHicK (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
this one is for wicked witch even tho its been a while... Um There is a graveyard in just about every direction (no matter how far away in that particular direction it is) even if it is 500 miles in that direction... There is a grave yard in every direction... So yea nice one. 😕 😐
yaygurl (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-03)
First of all, if you mess with a Ouiji board, be wayyyy careful. If you do try to destroy it, rip it to pieces then burn it.
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-31)
When my brother and I did the Ouija, we did it on a whiteboard, our... Way of making a safe Homemade one. We got a small shotglass, but as I've said, nothing happened.
Only after, we took the whiteboard outside at the front of our house driveway, with the writings still on it, and then things happened. Like cold winds, Tree leaves falling off when they are pure green, and then the whiteboard, It was moving like crazy.
Then my brother just took the glass and moved it with as much force to "Goodbye" and we rubbed it off. We swore to never play with a Ouija Board AGAIN.

That's probably the first time I've shared my story.
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-31)
Brownie09 - I'm not sure what he searched up, but it DEFINETELY said that. I tried searching it up myself about 5 minutes ago, as many combinations about "Hell" as possible. But nope, can't find it. That fact was no lie, in fact true.

FACT: Everytime there is thunder, you can always hear it coming from the direction of a graveyard.
SlyGemini10 (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Yeah, you should never play with a ouija board alone, frankly I believe unless you ABSOLUTELY know what you're doing, you shouldn't play with one. Ouija's are not evil themselves, it's just all too often the persons that play them do not know how to use it correctly and therefore they end up 'disrespecting' the spirits. When you use a ouija, even if it is home made, you are disturbing the spiritual world and are calling out an entity that had previously been some where else and that's why more often than not people experience hauntings.
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
I agree with the previous comment, but try to get the pointer to move to goodbye itself. You'll have to tell it a lot. Don't keep being scared. It seems to be feeding on your fear. In your story it seems (if it's going in chronological order) that the more scared you become, the weirder the stuff that happens. You should firmly tell it to leave in Jesus' name. You will have to do it multiple times. Something like, "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, I cast you out of my life, demon! Go back to hell!"
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
WEll that's probably your problem. As you said, you didn't move the planchette to goodbye, and then anything could've stuck around That's not good, at all. You need to get rid of that demon immediatly. Here's my suggestion, use the Ouija Board again, and try to get the same spirit. If you do then move the pointer immediatly to goodbye. Goodluck!
~Blessed Be~
CutieTammy17 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
You should have not used the board. Spirits that are evil are just waiting come in... You can call a couple of friends who have strong third eyes and maybe they can help Or try praying to the lord with your family...[You gotta tell the truth to your parents maybe your mother knows how to deal with it...
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
Well that's not good. You didn't close the session and I think that's your problem. Do the Ouija again, but this time when you get the entity move the pointer to 'goodbye'. Whatever you do don't burn the board.
Nightshade (40 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
SHIT! I'm 14, and I've had a lot of ghostly encounters before. Like once, I was being idiotic, just like you, and I used a ouija board. Me and my boyfriend, Matt, moved because we had heard and seen angered women around the house. And also, I saw my dog, and he was hanged on a tree branch. Then, me and Matt heard a voice that said; "help me..." then faded away. We never went back to the horrible place again. Too bad staying with my parents for a couple weeks prevented us from having hardcore sex. (by the way, my real name is britney). ❤
resz (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
WIckedWitch2000 - that was revealed to be a hoax.

Also is using the ouija board alone really a big no no?
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Wickedwitch2000, that last part of your comment was really scary 😨. How did your brother look it up?
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
First I just want to say I read your story, My aunt has an Ouija board, one night she was talking with one of my aunts that passed away a year prior, and she had an spirit try to come through, and she said that she started talking about all the good and happy things in her life that happened to her, and she said that after a few minutes that evil era feeling had just vanished and that my aunt's spirit was still there, and she knew that with my great aunt's spirit there with her she didn't have to worry, My aunt said she just thinks about happy times when she starts getting a feeling about a bad spirit being around.

BUT PLEASE BE CAREFUL, next time have some friends around or someone that knows a little more about them. Again thanks for the story. PLease keep us updated with some more.
😊
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Well,I used a ouija board it didn't work and whatever you can or how YOU HAVE TO TRY CONTACT IT!
Try talking to it or something.

From my thoughts You said DEMON they are the same as DEVILS so if you have did anything REALLY WRONG then I am truly thinking it was SATAN! I am afraid of him!

ANyway my brother searched up this thing and it gave us this!

Scientists Dug a 2,000 metre hole in the ground and it was REALLY REALLY hot!
So they Put mics there and left it for overnight and they heard people screaming in pain, they also heard in the background Satan laughing. 😨 😆 😲
Paranormalchica (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
If your dad is blind how could he see a shadow jump out of the woods? 😕 😐 🤔 And also the woods are dark so?
Krista (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Ouija Boards are very dangerous and can open portals to both good and evil spirits,
If you believe this is an evil one, then I'd consider having your house blessed.
givemeaname (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
well it depends I mean there is more important rules than just not playing by yourself. You first have to know how to work the thing... You have to know all the signs of a demon and what to do if you realize there is a demon contacting you through the board. By what you said it seems like you set it free from the board. Did you forget to say goodbye or something? Well might as well bless your house if it continues... Good luck
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Dear Kahla,

Well... Actually the first rule when playing with a ouiji board is never to use a ouiji board in the first place. Kahla, I have to say, I am disappointed that you would lie to your parents when it comes to a evil prescence in your house. I know everyone lies but a little lie goes a long way. I don't understand you telling us that your father is blind. Is he at least partially blind?

I advise that you should not burn the ouiji board or do anything to destroy it (once burned the gateway or portal to hell will never be closed). Secondly, tell your parents the truth. And finally I advise you to visit this website, read every article carefully. Get your house cleansed of the presence.

Http://www.ncdemonology.org/Home_Page.php

Thank you for posting your frightening and terryfying story and sharing it with us. Your problem is in my prayers. God bless and take care. If you need further assistance, contact me, I am always happy to help.

Sincerely,

Francois
thor (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
If your dad is blind how did he see a shadow jump into the woods? Blind people can't see.
AkatsukiDeidara101 (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Wow. This is what I have to say abou using the ouija board: *censored*. NEVER USE THAT THING EVER! BURN IT, FREEZE IT, FART ON IT; DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET RID OF IT!

Crazy awesome fart,
Ami

" Fire and Ice;one burns while the other freezes, and yet, both live without fear..."
Nightshade (40 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
I have a demon, and it's really scary. I'm psychic, so I should be able to get rid of it, but I can't!

Help!

Yours Truly,
Nightshade ❤ ❤ ❤

((hugs))
Nightshade (40 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
Maybe it was your cat, maybe it wasn't. Whatever it was, That sounded freaky. Anyways, I have to go, my boyfriend's making dinner. Bye!

Yours Truly,
Nightshade ❤ ❤ ❤

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: