You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Beam of Light

Real Ghost Stories

Beam of Light

 

I go to a boarding school, and apparently it's haunted, by many things. I have yet to encounter anything, but my friends have. Even though I have maybe seen things out of the corner of my eye, I'm not quite sure I believe it yet, but one thing that really weirded me out was this: My friend and I were walking on a hill, that is behind our school at night, just looking at the stars and talking.

Now, behind our school is a big forest, that is very spooky at night, and we were in front of it. I saw a beam of light move very quickly across the trees but of course I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me so I didn't really think much of it. My friend right after I saw it, then said "Oh!" I turned to her, and asked what? She said she forgot something (I can't remember what she said exactly) and I got alittle disappointed because I thought she had seen the same thing, I looked down and then she asked me what was wrong? I told her I thought she saw something, and then she looked at me, and asked me if it was the beam of light. I was scared but yet excited, she saw it too, but she had also just thought it was her eyes playing tricks on her.

I don't know what it could be, just a orb? Please, say your thoughts!

Other hauntings by Chrono

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chrono, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
Uh, a flashlight in the wooded area? Is it possible that some one from the school decided to take a stroll out in the "spooky" woods out behind the school? I used to do that late at night, and I would never go out in one with out a flashlight. I would not have wanted to step into something that I could not get out of.
I had a torch that gave off a beam much bigger than that of headlights off of a car, but was MUCH smaller at the base of the torch. (You know, kind of "fanned out" to make the beam much larger the further away it got)
Thank you.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
Perhaps if you and some friends, stood outside the school, at night again and took some pictures. Something just might show up and could explain what happen. It would be worth a try. If you take pics let us see them, as you may not see anything, where many of us may see something.
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Frawin, I always think I see things, and then actually assume that is a ghost, just for the thrill. But this time was different, because I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me until my friend had said she saw it it too.
Kim, I don't think it was a plane, helicopter or any of those things, it was a big beam and it flew away very quickly, I also felt strange after it left.
Chris, I will for sure take some pictures!

Thanks guys, =]
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Do you think that maybe with all the talk of the place being haunted, combined with the experiences of your friends, that you were looking for an experience. When you saw the light in the "spooky" forest you just assumed it had to be paranormal.

FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Beams of light outside are extremely hard to determine. There are many, many factors that can attribute to these lights. Passing planes, helicopters, cars, houses, a great number of things.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Well it might have been an orb. The first stage of manifesting. Thats what I think. But who knows. Try doing research. Try takeing pictures. You might get something. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: