You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: The Haunted Catfish Plantation

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted Catfish Plantation

 

Last year, during the summer in July to be exact, I visited the Catfish Plantation restaurant in Waxahatchie. It was known for notable hauntings, and paranormal phenomenon. Basically, its an old haunted house turned into a theme restaurant. Me, being very interesting in paranormal incidents, I had to visit this restaurant. It was me and three of my girl friends, sitting at a small table enjoying the spooky environment, hearing tales and legends of the place from our waitress.

Sarah, one of my friends looked at the waiter and said, "I don't believe this, ghosts aren't real..." Our waitress stared at her in utter confusion, "Well if you don't believe in ghosts then go around the property and take some pictures and look around, I'll be damned if you don't find something that will make you believe this place is haunted..." Well, that's exactly what all of us did, we took out our cameras and searched the place.

One of the strange things we came across was a white smokey figure that was found in one of my other friends, Carly's, camera. It was a picture of a glass case that contained T-shirts. We all figured it had to be a smudge on the glass that showed up on film that way. Well carly walked over and took at picture of the same glass, and to our surprise, the smokey figure was gone.

But this is where the story gets strange. Before leaving the restaurant we took a picture at the front, of all four of us. In the background was a window, and it is said that you can normally see a ghost of an old woman. When we got in the car we zoomed in the window to see exactly that. A blurry figure of a woman. We were all shocked and couldn't wait to show everyone.

We arrived at my house and I ran inside with the camera to show my dad (who is very superstitious and loves the supernatural.) I showed him the picture and he said to me, "You know, whatever is on that film may not like for you to bring it home, I would delete it..." At that moment we heard a loud crash came from the closet. Four shelves in the closet had fallen. These shelved were glued to the walls, let alone nailed to them. "Delete the pictures, now..." Said my dad. "I told you, whatever was in that picture followed you home and didn't like you having that picture..."

I deleted the pictures and nothing has happened since.

As for my friends who still have the pictures, they have told me the same things have happened, stuff falling unexplainably, and things being thrown down an broken.

And sarah, she believes in ghosts now.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tellingstories_xo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tellingstories_xo (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
Thank you all for the comments!

I will be posting a few more stories soon,
once posting is back up!

They will all be stories that happened to my father and cousins.

Once again thank you! 😊

-TellingStories_XO
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
Hmmm, people who go to famous "haunted" places looking for ghosts often find what they're looking for. Coincidence?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
What?! I have never heard of taking a photograph that just happened to have a spirit or ghost in it causing the entity to follow you home. Most often I hear that they WANT to be discovered to help them in what ever it is that they are still here for.
I have heard that certain GROUPS of PEOPLE do not like to have their photo's taken as they feel that the camera may be able to "claim their souls", but never from the ghostly aspect.
Thank you.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
I think perhaps a portal was open up with that picture. Since your friends took pics too and still have there, and things keep happening. Then to me the portal is still open. And odd stuff will continue to happen. Some ghost don't like there pictures taken and they let you know in some form or fashion how, upset they are with that.

It would of been a wiser choice to ask if you could take the picture first, and then perhaps nothing would of happen. Except the ghost may of not been in the pic you took then.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
hmmmmmm, I would love to have seen the pictures. I did pull up the restaraunt on the net, it looks absolutely beautiful!

thanks for sharing your experience with us!
God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
It might have fallowed you guys home but who knows. Maybe coincedecne. Well what ever it was the story was great. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soonand take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: