You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Eye and Other Unwordly Beings

Real Ghost Stories

The Eye and Other Unwordly Beings

 

My first demonic experience happened when I was only five-years-old. The year was 1995 in Sykesville, Md. I was sleeping in our guest room because my little bed had broken recently. Because I was little, I think the demonic beings I saw were presented to me in a way I could understand. Still, at the time, and even now it's very chilling to think about.

For instance, I did not see anything particularly "scary" at first. I remember that night I was sleeping on a couch when it happened. I was fully awake and I started to see things. At first, I stared out the window and then I saw a small "cartoonish" broom appear on the end of the bed that was a couple feet away from the couch. It moved back and forth in a sweeping motion. However, I found it more interesting than scary.

I continued to watch that little broom until out of the corner of my eye I was something flying around. I looked over to my right and saw a equally small, equally cartoonish flying carpet. It seriously resembled that magic flying carpet in the Aladdin story. It hovered for awhile, but then started flying around the bed. At this point, I looked back to the broom to see if it was still there. It was still "sweeping..." I finally concluded that this was funny, but tried to shut my eyes to go to sleep.

I turned on my right side for awhile, and this is when I saw the third thing. Something black was crawling on the floor beside the couch. I guess you really couldn't call it crawling, it was more like loping. All I saw was its back. Then I saw another one. Then I saw another one. One-by-one, these small hunched figures passed by the couch. I don't know how many there were, but I'd say I saw about thirty pass by.

The room was mostly dark except for the moonlight shining in through the window, but I could still see those things. Their darkness was way blacker than the darkness in the room. After watching these things pass by the couch, I didn't know what to make of it. I was frozen with fear and began to break out in a cold sweat. I turned back on my back so I wouldn't see them anymore, but was still too scared to call my mom.

Finally, I mustered up enough courage to look to my right again. The figures were still passing by. I looked at the place where the broom had been sweeping. It had disappeared. The "magic carpet" had also disappeared.

That's when the fourth and final thing appeared. While those hunched figures were passing by the couch, out of the darkness an eye stated to appear. It was huge, it was menacing, it was ugly. It just stared at me while I stared back, terrified but too scared to call out to my parents. I stared back at it for a long time.

Then, it stated slowly growing bigger. I felt like it was going to kill me. I suddenly realized it wasn't getting bigger, it was just coming closer. At that moment, I shut my eyes only to open them a few seconds later to see if it was still there. It was. Finally, I kept my eyes closed for a long time. When I opened them, it was gone. The hunched figures had also vanished. Everything was back to normal except me. I was sweaty, scared, and about to cry.

Finally I called my mom. I called her numerous times, but she never heard me so I stopped calling. I couldn't move because I was still so scared. Finally I was able to go to sleep.

To this day, I don't know why it happened while I was so young. However, I did learn that my Dad's mother had a demonic experience in the same room one night when she was still alive. My mom heard her screaming and went in there to find her wide eyed and afraid of something that was in the room. So my mom prayed and she calmed down. I don't think my experience had anything to do with demons being in that room though. This is because I don't think demons are in that room. I think my experience happened as a test - a test that I failed. Because I was so young, I didn't know about praying to God. In fact, it never occurred to me that these strange things were in anyway related to satan. They were just scary.

However, I have since then come to realize just how scary satan is. I have also come to realize that my God is 100 times more powerful. Since then, there have been more experiences involving demons that have been usually as frightening. However, with God's help, I have been able to overcome these situations.

This eye has appeared to me one more time since that night. The second time it appeared to me, I was 13 years after the first appearance. I was taking a nap when all of the sudden I woke up. I looked out my window and saw that it was getting dark out. After this, I glanced up at the ceiling and that's when I saw it. A black form was hovering above me. It was like a blob. It had a form, but it didn't. It was all very strange. Because I have had similar experiences with demons, I immediately started to talk to God in my head.

Pretty soon, the oh so familiar paralysis set in and I felt like something was suffocating me. I didn't try to move because I knew it was hopeless. I kept my eyes open, and soon, the black form started to take the shape of an eye. This eye was the exact same eye mentioned above. It stared at me, and I got really scared then because I have never had the same thing appear twice to me. I immediately shut my eyes and started praying faster. I suddenly felt like I was being shocked. It hurt so much, but I couldn't fight it so I didn't try.

After awhile, it stopped. I didn't open my eyes however, and I'm glad I didn't. I began to feel something on my forehead. Someone was tapping their fingernail on my head. It was insistent and wouldn't stop. It hurt. I think the demon was trying to get me to open my eyes. I prayed and prayed for God to save me from this attack.

Finally, I tried saying the name of Jesus. However, I could hardly move my mouth. So I tried saying "Lord". Finally, I was able to get "lod" out and kept on saying it over and over out loud until my tongue could move more freely. Finally, everything stopped and I opened my eyes. Everything was back to normal.

The last time I had an experience, there was no eye. I was in my bed but couldn't sleep when suddenly I felt like I had been given a sleeping pill. I couldn't keep my eyes open and fell into a deep sleep. But before I fell asleep, I felt a shock run through my body.

A little while later, I woke up to the sound of growling beside my bed. It was a horrible sound and I was too scared to look over the side of the bed. Immediately I started praying. But as I started praying, I felt that shock and then felt like I was being made to fall asleep again. As soon as I started sleeping, I "woke up" in my mind. Maybe I was dreaming, but it felt like I was in my head. I was in a toy store and there was a baby doll and it was crying.

Suddenly, someone behind me told me to touch its finger. I didn't. They told me again to hold the doll's finger. I wouldn't. Finally I did and felt a shock like I have never experienced before. Then, everything changed. I was in the middle of a circle of... things. They were all around me telling me their names. Their names I cannot remember now, but then they said they were going to shock me again. So they did. I felt like I was going to die.

Suddenly, I remembered to cry out to God. I started saying "LORD" over and over again. I really meant to say, "Lord, please stop satan from trying to hurt and scare me" but all I could get out was "LORD". So over and over I repeated that name and gradually I woke up. I woke up saying, "Lord"

Now, when I think back to that time, I realize that it was a test. I had not been waking with the lord during that time. But still this experience reminds me that The Great Rescuer will always come to your aid. You have only to call his name.

Other hauntings by t3h_h0bbitz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, t3h_h0bbitz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lewilliams (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-12)
Thanks to Martin for his common sense response.
Thanks to the writer for sharing the experiences.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
Yea that pretty much helped Darkness thanks, I just couldn't word my opinion right.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
If this is anything more then just a vivid imagination I believe it wasn't a test, it was just an experience you received from some dark entities they will always try deceive you at any age. Although once you started praying to god he has stepped in to help I do not believe this was a test from god himself. I honestly think satan and his followers would not really care about the age of the person they are attacking. This is just my thoughts on this.

Thank you

Dan
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
but she understand what she was seeing but God is the one who also made sure no harm came to her, t3h hobbitz can you be more specific on those creatures you saw like how tall were they did you get any bad feelings? Were they hairy, scaly, had feathers? God doesn't wish us any harm but wow at the age of five? During my experiences, all I could do was watch it pass and pray for Gods protection and to be surrounded by a white light. God loves us dearly and will protect us when asked but hey your right he can test whenever it just threw me off that he can test at such a young age, Katherine
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
Emeraldangel you might want to read what God asked Samuel to do & he was no older than 11 years God can test us at any time in any way.

~LSD~
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
I don't think God would test you at such a young age, I'm twelve and have seen several things in a short amount of time
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
Huh, I guess I DID see at least ONE of your first ones...
Uh, I did not read through the comments, but, Hun? At FIVE years old you think this was a test, from God, that you failed?
I do have a bit of background when it comes to religion, that I will not get into at this point in time, and I am pretty sure that the age of accountability is between the ages of eight and twelve (depending on which religion one is affiliated with). So with THAT being said, I find it perplexing as to WHY God would test you BEFORE that age.
I see I have made that comment before.
Can you recall WHAT the "demonic episode" that your Grandmother experienced in that room WAS?
The description of the hunchbacked shadow creatures sound very reminiscent of a gnome. So I would really be hard pressed to think that part of the episode was much more than either a vivid imagination (as for the other visuals you had, as well) or something out of a dream.
Really, I still think this was a combination imagination/dream/sleep paralysis episode. It REALLY does not seem demonic in nature.
Thanks again.
shadowman (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
idk I had meny things happen to me and my family when I was yung I think its not so mutch as a test becose god knows what we will do I think it has to do with a spiritual battle hapning around us or for us
I also think it happens to people that have importent things to do for god so just stay strong and keep your eyes in the right place... What month wer you born...?
gHosTmAgneT_03 (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
its scary... But I really don't think it's a test... No it's not a test... God doesn't test people that way... No I son't think so... That's all I can say... Thanks for your story!
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
If you are experiencing a lot of electrical shocks, maybe you should see a doctor.
t3h_h0bbitz (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Thank you all for taking the time to read my post. Yes, God may not test always, but doesn't he allow Satan to test us? I am more than sure now that I failed no test. However, I often wonder why it happened at such a young age. Hmm.
PixieDot (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-12)
This is the scariest experience I have ever read about! But I agree with miiish, I do not believe in God myself, but for those who do, I don't think he would test innocent childen. Xx.

If pryaing helps the happenings to stop then pray as hard as you can. Xx

PixieDot x
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
God doesn't test his people I'm afraid. Satan does. God is there for you always but he would never test a person.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
Have to agree with Martin on the Christian guilt thing. The devil has been used by many religious as a way of keeping the young and impressionable towing the line. It's pyschological and effective. I don't believe in demons but I do believe in guilt or rage manifesting itself in the subconscience which can cause people to have night terrors, sleep paralysis and sonambulism.
Lgabal (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
The second part of your story I do believe. This happens to me once in awhile. Where I can't get up, like if something is choking me. I also here the growls. I start praying and it goes away. Maybe it's sleep paralysis, or a night terror. Sometimes I do think it's a spirit trying to get into my body. 😕
Niall (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
I thought that was fascinating! It was so different, I havenever heard anything like it.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
I am utterly confused by this one. I am utterly confused by anyone to whom these things happen and they're not absolutely obsessed by finding out what was going on. If this had happened to me, I would devote my life to investigating this stuff. I just can't fathom how some people see the most incredible things (and this has got to be one of the most "incredible" things I've read on here) and go on about their lives referring to them as merely "weird" and "scary..." How about "mind-boggling" and "petrifying?"

Not doubting your story at all, just having a hard time coming to terms with it.

Truly fascinating.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
t3h_h0bbitz,
thank you for sharing your story. I am afraid I agree with the others reagrding the first part of your story, you were far to young to be held accountable and tested in such a fashion.

There are many explainations such as mentioned by the others, however, if you feel threatened in your home, have it blessed. That should put an end to your hauntings.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
I have to go with everyone here. I don't think this was a test. Hey don't be dumped. I bet half of the people hear wouldn't have passed that test 😜.God gives us test but in every day life. There are a lot of choises to be made and some can be made wrong. But it doesn't matter. Everybody does something wrong once in a while. But God forgives us. If you really want to be forgiven and regret what you have done. But he was with you. God id always with us. I hope to hear from you soonand take care
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
Beware of demonic possession... Even if it wasn't Satan himself you should still consider it a threat. You should call a priest. Tell him what happened. I did once and it made things better for awhile.
whitebuffalo (guest)
-1
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
I am with both Martin and FRAWIN on this one. The age of accountability, according to the Holy Bible is twelve years old. I would find it extremely hard to believe that the Good Lord would test anyone who has not yet reached the age of accountability.
The first part of your story (please do not take offence, I have a four year old, almost five, that describes things to me, and I have to relate this as I would to HIM, as you were five at the time of the occurrence) is very similar to the Disney version of the Sorcerer's Apprentice. Even down to the caterpillar like crawling of the dark things by the couch.
The second part, I feel was a case of Sleep Paralysis. There are many symptoms, and from what I understand there are similarities to the experiences, but not all of them have the same list of symptoms. They change about and add some things.
The final instance I would say was a very vivid nightmare. It is amazing how real some of them can look and feel.
One final thought. God is the God of Second Chances. IF this had been a test (which, as I said, I HIGHLY doubt), you would not have failed at the tender age of five, thirteen or even now. We are allowed to make mistakes and learn from them. He never gives us more than what we can handle WITH HIM. If it had been a test, He would have been right there with you, and would have helped you through. He WAS there, as you felt calmer after speaking with Him. You were not at fault, and no where should blame be laid.
Thank you.
miiish (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
No no t3h_h0bbitz, God (or the higher source) does not test people, specially not innocent 5 year olds. Martin is right, to think that God would torture you to test you, would simply mean giving God human traits! Besides what would the point of this exercise be? When one experiences sleep paralysis, it could also be accompanied by images which perfectly describes what you have experienced. I quite liked how you descibed "waking in your mind" somewhat similar to what one can experience before an out of body (OBE) where the body is asleep but the mind is not. Easier said than done, don't be afraid, as dark energy feeds off fear. Cheers!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-01)
Hello t3h_h0bbitz.Thank you for sharing your story with us, it was interesting. However I don't think the Lord would test a five year old child. I feel it was a childhood dream that turned into a nightmare. The second experience you mention sounds like sleep paralysis, I use to have them all the time and they will scare the heck out of you. The third sounds like one killer nightmare. One last thing I'm with Martin-lose the guilt. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-04-01)
Hi t3h_h0bbitz, I don't think that was a test (especially on a kid). Tests are a human concept that do not really apply to reality when we look at it, just as much as being chased by an angry dog on the street is not a test, just something that happens if you are at the wrong place and the wrong time. It may happen to you because you are sensitive and can actually see it, but it's probably just happening, nothing more. There is no big judgment for something that you don't even understand. Use what works, but let go of the christian guilt.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: